• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2012
    Bregje wrote
    You know, when I have lots of days off, like now, I really enjoy searching the net for high resolution photos. It's so much fun.

A while back when I did that my laptop crashed a couple of days later.
    Guess what happened yesterday morning??

"It's so much fun"... tsss rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I still have the same desktop image I've had for several years now -- myself sitting and gazing out over the Norwegian mountainside during a hike up our highest mountain in September-2008. It has extra meaning to me now, as that trip was the last thing I ever did before the health issues began. So it's at the same time nostalgic for me (a better time in my life), but also a reminder that I hope to get back to that shape some day:

http://www.celluloidtunes.net/non-website/desktop.jpg
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    I remembered that photo just by your description, without taking a look first! smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    yeah

It's a superb pic.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2012 edited
    It's a little "drawn out" as it comes across there (I'm not THAT fat), but yeah, it was a lucky shot that my friend managed to take there.

Notice the painted, red "T" on the stone to the right? That's the guide for the hikers.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Interestingly the mountains look very similar to the ones in Scotland, huge glaciated valleys with the tops of the mountains 'shorn' off, like Scotland I expect the mountains would have been far higher hundreds of thousands of years ago, maybe even of Andes or Himalayan proportions?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Interestingly the mountains look very similar to the ones in Scotland, huge glaciated valleys with the tops of the mountains 'shorn' off, like Scotland I expect the mountains would have been far higher hundreds of thousands of years ago, maybe even of Andes or Himalayan proportions?

I think they're both part of the same mountain range?!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I can't remember but it does seem VERY likely. Britain wasn't always an Island(s).
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote

I think they're both part of the same mountain range?!

I think that they were - and were also all connected to the Appalachians!!

Wikipedia comes to the rescue again: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caledonian_orogeny
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    Double post - resolving a quoting tags cock-up on a "Tom scale"! rolleyes
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Double post - resolving a quoting tags cock-up on a "Tom scale"! rolleyes

And fixed before anyone noticed? wink

Thanks for the link, my guesstimate must now be changed to hundreds of millions of years.

back in the days before god was invented