• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Never really had any pets myself - save for 1-2 goldfish won at the Falkirk Tryst (nowadays a travelling fairground that comes the beginning of September every year but dates back a few centuries as a marketplace for the selling of cattle from all over the Highlands (including Skye))

http://www.falkirklocalhistorysociety.c … .php?id=99

Never really wanted a pet of any kind. The children had a rabbit for 2-3 years a couple of years back.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2008
    I'd like one of those miniature aggresive elephant like was featured in Crichton's Jurassic Park. biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Thor wrote
    Had an aquarium once, though. There was a small silver shark in there that molested and killed two of my goldfish. So I had to "dispose" of it by throwing it in the toilet. True story.

Hope you killed it before flushing it. Otherwise it would have died a slow and painful death in the sewers.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    Thanks for making this topic, Bregje!
    All the animals showed here are so lovely love

Here's some photos of my dog, Nana (1/4 Shiba, 3/4 German Shepherd).
    http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a75/WWagtail/Photos/

I'll find some pics of my tortoise later...
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    plindboe wrote
    Thor wrote
    Had an aquarium once, though. There was a small silver shark in there that molested and killed two of my goldfish. So I had to "dispose" of it by throwing it in the toilet. True story.

Hope you killed it before flushing it. Otherwise it would have died a slow and painful death in the sewers.

Peter smile

Is it usual to throw dead fish into toilet in western culture? Most of Japanese are surprised when we saw that habit in Finding Nemo...

We usually bury dead fish (or other small pets) in the garden or somewhere...
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
  2. The cat that is everywhere in our neighbourhood where's something to eat. biggrin

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/9337/katzeow1.png
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Miya wrote
    Thanks for making this topic, Bregje!
    All the animals showed here are so lovely love

It was all going so well until Thor started talking about flushing them down the toilet or palming them off on the Vietnamese to serve in their restaurant.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Southall wrote
    I love cats. I wish I was allowed to have one.

Allowed? Allergy or something else?

Fiancee. Just won't allow it. No good reason. I might draw up a pre-nup and put "must have a cat" in it.

You can always try to show her the good site of cats; take her to a pet shop to see some baby persians or something, smooth, relaxed and quiet. Worked for me, completely changed her opinion which was pretty much anti-cat.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I took Badger (our 6 month old cat) to get neutered today. Poor little bugger...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Did he start getting looney out of a sexual needs or did you take him precautionary?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Did he start getting looney out of a sexual needs or did you take him precautionary?

Oh man that's killer LOL biggrin

Tis shame that Steven's voice has been neutered wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Miya wrote
    Is it usual to throw dead fish into toilet in western culture? Most of Japanese are surprised when we saw that habit in Finding Nemo...

We usually bury dead fish (or other small pets) in the garden or somewhere...

Some people bury their cats and dogs, but I've never heard of anyone burying their fish before. People generally don't become as attached to fish as they do to cats and dogs, so when fish die, most people just get rid of them effectively (i.e. in the toilet), instead of an emotional and caring farewell as a burial usually is.

I like all my cute little guppies and cory catfishes alot, I do my best to give them a wonderful life, and I feel sad when they die. But I don't want to make too big a deal out of it, so the toilet will be their final resting place.

Peter smile
  3. Some portraits of the family dog called Nashky, a crossing between a husky and retriever

http://img187.imageshack.us/my.php?image=doggie1ak4.jpg
    http://img254.imageshack.us/my.php?image=doggie2bc8.jpg
    http://img247.imageshack.us/my.php?image=doggie3cs3.jpg

Took the 3rd picture today, she doesn't like the hat very much... shame! biggrin
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    DreamTheater wrote
    Some portraits of the family dog called Nashky, a crossing between a husky and retriever

A beauty!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2008
    DreamTheater wrote
    Some portraits of the family dog called Nashky, a crossing between a husky and retriever

Wow that's an interesting combi. Especially in the middle picture it shows the retriever traits and in the other two picture more the husky traits right?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Southall wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Southall wrote
    I love cats. I wish I was allowed to have one.

Allowed? Allergy or something else?

Fiancee. Just won't allow it. No good reason. I might draw up a pre-nup and put "must have a cat" in it.

Well, to be quite honest, I don't want a cat anymore after this one (or any pet) and there are days when I wonder how many years he will still live!! Sorry, I know that sounds harsh but that's what I think when he pisses on our shoes or when I have to pay the vet's bill, or when I'm cleaning up hair or puke etc etc. Anyone who has a cat knows what it's like to step into a hairball in the dark wearing socks or even worse barefoot.
    slant

I got Tombi when I was 16 and I'm not sure I would do it again. We also would like to buy some new furniture some day for instance and we are waiting untill we don't have a cat anymore.

Of course I love him and I would miss him but I don't think I'd miss having a pet and it would be a relief sort of to not have a pet.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2008 edited
    I don't really have any pet right now (I really want to get one soon!) but we have a host of squirrels in the garden which we've been feeding grains and bread for about a year and surprisingly, though they're very shy by nature and almost always flee from humans as they approach within 6 feet or so, they've grown quite accustomed to us and I once almost fed one bread with my hand! Just for fun, here's a photo of one I snapped a while ago from a distance, he's at the base of the tree -

http://www.zshare.net/image/529640573f983464/

He's a three-striped palm squirrel I think. Look a lot like chipmunks but have longer and bushy tails and narrower head. We have an average of 4-5 of them visiting us per day for food! biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Gomez is sat in my lap right now as I type, he's purring away......this is quite unusual as he's not much of a lap cat, he likes some attention but he doesn't seek it.
  4. Bregje wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

Wow that's an interesting combi. Especially in the middle picture it shows the retriever traits and in the other two picture more the husky traits right?

Yup! And she has one eye which has some white in it, like a husky, as you can clearly see in the 2nd pic. She's a very friendly dog, but one that can get crazy at times, she has a serious problem of gender identification, at times she wants to act like a male, if you you know what I mean dizzy

But seriously we wouldn't trade her for any other dog in the world, a real sweetheart...
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  5. DemonStar wrote
    I don't really have any pet right now (I really want to get one soon!) but we have a host of squirrels in the garden which we've been feeding grains and bread for about a year and surprisingly, though they're very shy by nature and almost always flee from humans as they approach within 6 feet or so, they've grown quite accustomed to us and I once almost fed one bread with my hand! Just for fun, here's a photo of one I snapped a while ago from a distance, he's at the base of the tree -

http://www.zshare.net/image/529640573f983464/

He's a three-striped palm squirrel I think. Look a lot like chipmunks but have longer and bushy tails and narrower head. We have an average of 4-5 of them visiting us per day for food! biggrin

Talk about camouflage, I couldn't see it at first!
  6. DreamTheater wrote

http://img187.imageshack.us/my.php?image=doggie1ak4.jpg
    http://img254.imageshack.us/my.php?image=doggie2bc8.jpg
    http://img247.imageshack.us/my.php?image=doggie3cs3.jpg

Took the 3rd picture today, she doesn't like the hat very much... shame! biggrin

you could have picked a better picture of our dog eh? tongue
    No seriously as Southal already said it, she's a real beauty smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2008
    I wish I had a 'live-cam' so you could see Gomez dreaming right now, he's in front of the fire with REM and twitching paws and his mouth is partly open making chirruping sounds ( that's the best I can descibe it ) , he's probably either decimating the local wildlife or being chased by dogs in his dream wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2008
    biggrin
  7. Gomez is writing his Decimation Proclamation?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2008 edited
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Gomez is writing his Decimation Proclamation?

Indeed! biggrin

Edit To Add : Since I did the earlier post he hasn't been dreaming but I just looked over and he's off dreaming again biggrin

OOOOPPPS! No he's not, my mutton chop fingers typing away has just woken him up rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeDec 25th 2008
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 25th 2008 edited
    angryangry angry angry angry FUCKING HELL, BREGT. angry angry angry angry angry

A little warning would have been nice. sad

TO ANY ARACHNOPHOBICS OIUT THERE:
    DO NOT CLICK THIS LINK.
    SRSLY.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn

8. jeezus this is fucking creepy

brrrrrrr just real shocked
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn wrote
    angryangry angry angry angry FUCKING HELL, BREGT. angry angry angry angry angry

A little warning would have been nice. sad

TO ANY ARACHNOPHOBICS OIUT THERE:
    DO NOT CLICK THIS LINK.
    SRSLY.

Huh. He fits snugly over the Netherlands.

I shall name him squishy and he shall be my squishy!