• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2008 edited
    What are you planning to watch over the festive period?

Top of my watch list is:

Die Hard 1 & 2 - Even though they don't feature Santa, snowmen, mince pies, presents or anything else associated with Christmas, the first two Die Hard films show us a man who is willing to give all so he can spend Christmas time with his family. Exploding planes, jumping off the top of a skyscraper, writing "Ho Ho Ho" on a dead terrorist, cutting your feet on shards of glass!! What's more Christmassy than that?! wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2008
    Anthony wrote
    What are you planning to watch over the festive period?

Top of my watch list is:

Die Hard 1 & 2 - Even though they don't feature Santa, snowmen, mince pies, presents or anything else associated with Christmas, the first two Die Hard films show us a man who is willing to give all so he can spend Christmas time with his family. Exploding planes, jumping off the top of a skyscraper, writing "Ho Ho Ho" on a dead terrorist, cutting your feet on shards of glass!! What's more Christmassy than that?! wink

It doesn't get more Christmasy than that! biggrin

Great films punk
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. - Elf

- The Polar Express

- Die Hard

- Ernest Saves Christmas

A little bit of everything wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Jingle All The Way!

I swear I've seen that every year since it came out. Good old Arnie. tongue biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I don't know. Whatever is on when I'm home, and hopefully some of the traditional stuff that's on every year (stuff that is unique to Norway that none of you have any relationship to).

I don't have anything PLANNED, though.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Die Hards and Home Alone, parts 1 and 2. The Polish TV never fails here :xmas-smile:
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christmas isn't Christmas unless I watch ONE Home Alone film, Christmas Vacation, ONE Die Hard film (preferable the first) and The Polar Express. And if I can catch Scrooged on late night TV then that's an added bonus!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  3. Christmas has got off to a pretty bad start here! The kids were watching Merry Christmas, Drake & Josh - and for anyone who doesn't know who Drake and Josh are...be thankful!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    The original George Pal version of The Time Machine is a lovely christmas movie.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. Erik Woods wrote
    Christmas isn't Christmas unless I watch ONE Home Alone film, Christmas Vacation, ONE Die Hard film (preferable the first) and The Polar Express. And if I can catch Scrooged on late night TV then that's an added bonus!

-Erik-

Ah Scrooged yes, wonderful movie indeed, forgot that one

I just absolutely LOVE that Ending smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Muppets Christmas Carol and The Nightmare Before Christmas are two of my favourite Christmas films.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Home Alone HAS to be on TV at some point. I need to see it again and I haven't got the DVDs. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2008
    Love Actually and Shrek the Halls & Shrek were on TV again of course. We saw Shrek.
    I always get in the mood for the LOTR as well but we didn't see those either. Julian wanted to see the LOTR because he got a LOTR boardgame, so we watched some of that until Isengard. Then we decided he had enough (he's only 7) so we watched Wall-E instead. Narnia was on TV too, we saw that, most of it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregje wrote
    so we watched Wall-E instead.

I loved Wall-E.
    It was just such an upbeat little movie.
    The interaction between Wall-E and EV just charmed my socks off (yeah, I'm easily manipulated. And happily so.) and I really liked the optimistic outlook on humanity (I was fearing another heavy-handed "and what have we learned today?" kinda message being hammered down).

I really, really enjoyed it, especially the fact that the two protagonists don't actually talk.
    "Eeeeeeeeeve!
    "Waaaalleeeeeee!"

smile smile smile smile smile smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain was on tv, one of my favourite movies (with equally entertaining music). Not a Christmas movie though, which is a plus. It was some years ago since I've seen it, and it was a joy to rewatch it.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Martijn wrote
    Bregje wrote
    so we watched Wall-E instead.

I loved Wall-E.
    It was just such an upbeat little movie.
    The interaction between Wall-E and EV just charmed my socks off (yeah, I'm easily manipulated. And happily so.) and I really liked the optimistic outlook on humanity (I was fearing another heavy-handed "and what have we learned today?" kinda message being hammered down).

I really, really enjoyed it, especially the fact that the two protagonists don't actually talk.
    "Eeeeeeeeeve!
    "Waaaalleeeeeee!"

smile smile smile smile smile smile

I enjoyed it, but I'm not rushing to buy the DVD as I was with all the previous Pixar films.