• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2008
    wave spin

The hypewheel wishes you a happy new year!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Ahh, our good friend (or fiend) the hypewheel.

I don't make any new years resolutions. I see every day as a chance to think of resolutions and not go through with them. wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote

I don't make any new years resolutions. I see every day as a chance to think of resolutions and not go through with them. wink

I made a new years resolution back in 1993 NEVER to make another New Years resolution and I've stuck to it. cool

And, Ahhhhhhhh our old f(r)iend the hype wheel, I'd forgotten it!? shame

wave spin May it ever continue it's revolutions biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'm off, see you all later, stay safe! biggrin beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2009 edited
    fireworks HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL! fireworks

May all that was well in 2008 combine with all your hopes and wishes for the future to make 2009 beautiful, lucky, healthy and fortunate for you!
    wave
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2009
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

I made a new years resolution back in 1993 NEVER to make another New Years resolution and I've stuck to it. cool

Best. Resolution. Ever. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    fireworks HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ONE AND ALL OF YOU! fireworks
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    fireworks HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL! fireworks

May all that was well in 2008 combine with all your hopes and wishes for the future to make 2009 beautiful, lucky, healthy and fortunate for you!
    wave

My sentiments exactly cool beer <--tea ( I don't even wanna think about what I consumed all last night and up till 8 a.m. this morning dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    8AM!? Fuck me, I couldn't be arsed to stay up that long! dizzy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    8AM!? Fuck me, I couldn't be arsed to stay up that long! dizzy

Oh, it was good fun while it lasted biggrin

Left the pub at about 2 a.m., Eight of us went back to mine where we drank tons more and I was resident DJ, lots of party tunes, techno and shit like that though as things wound down I did play theme to The Pink Panther and a track that always gets a possitive response The Ecstasy Of Gold cool

Last thing I remember after Mel had gone to bed and everyone had gone was thinking that I'd chill out by myself to some reflective and relaxing music so I put on Vaughan Williams Symphony # 3 'Pastoral'.....next thing I know is waking up on the couch fully clothed at 1 p.m. this afternoon still feeling christmas_drunk
    • CommentAuthormarkrayen
    beer Happy new year maintitles! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Happy new year! beer

(What is a hypewheel? shocked )
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregt wrote

"Happy new year " typed when REALLY drunk.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    My sentiments exactly cool beer <--tea ( I don't even wanna think about what I consumed all last night and up till 8 a.m. this morning dizzy

Ha! You beat me with one hour, you crazy Brit! I went to bed at 7 am, I think. I actually walked one of the girls home, but no hankypanky as we were both pretty sloshed and tired.

I woke up at 14.00 today, and moved my ass over to the sofa where I've been ever since.

Do we have a "hangover" icon here?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    Happy new year! beer

wave spin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Off to play some pool, see you all later wave
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2009
    Hey Bregt wave

How was London??
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2009 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Hey Bregt wave

How was London??

Really good! While the hours after the fireworks were a bit a let down because of the few bars that were opened and mostly night clubs (which not all of us wanted to visit, or which we weren't allowed to enter) we had a great time. London is such a vibrant and dynamic city. Just taking the tube and finding out how it works is already a most awesome event (although, I'm sure it isn't when you have to go t work).

We first concentrated on the obvious tourist attractions, with a walking tour of around 2 hours in which we saw the most important places. I had been in London once, and saw them then as well, but I was only 10 years old, so it was good to see the city again, as I have a much better view on it now. Everything is sooo big and far away. wink

Then we spent an afternoon shopping for music (there was a friend with us who collects vinyl, she has bought like 15 pieces or so). Not only the overcrowded Oxford Street with its mega stores, but also Berwich Street and parts of Soho with its many vinyl shops. My little haul.

We ended in a nice pub, and I had some typical Britisch pie (very tasty, though I had my doubts before wink ) with beer.

On the 31st we visited the Science Museum for a couple of hours, ate a pastry, had a tube trip to The Tower of London, spent some time around Waterloo, an ended the early evening in Harrods. I could have bought some cheapos there too, but somehow I didn't... rolleyes

We walked back to the hostel via Hyde Park and Royal Albert Hall (I had to see it! It's magnificent. Hopefully we'll be able to see a concert once there) and bought a couple of bottles of Cava (Spanish champagne wink ) and headed towards North Bank (Embankment) for the fireworks. I've never seen so many people walking in the same direction. But it was fantastic, the atmosphere, the people shouting and laughing. We even heard some Flemish people in the background wishing everyone 'een gelukkig nieuwjaar'. Then we had to wait half an hour before the fireworks started. We couldn't say we had the best position, but we saw the Eye and most of the lower fireworks, so it was a pretty good sight, even though it was probably one kilometre away. I sent a text message to Alan just after the fireworks, saying his tax money has been well spent on fireworks. biggrin wink The two hours after 12AM were the nicest with fun on the streets and the coolest people, wishing everybody the best.

London is fantastic as a city, and I certainly want to see more of it. We got some tips and tricks from people who lived there a few years, as in how they got to know the city, and I'm sure I'll keep those ideas for next time.

Hopefully I can celebrate NY again in an other city or on an event like this one. punk
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Pictures here:
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=6 … mp;l=2b7fe

Not all very good, and especially the darker ones are just bad.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Glad you had a great time Bregt punk

Steak and Ale pie lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Oh, with the current low Pond, it was al pretty cheap actually!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Thanks for the London report, Bregt. Great pictures, especially that bird on the bench. LOL! :D But none of you, though. slant
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    That's because I took them. wink

I'll link to a few from my friends, as soon as they upload theirs.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Timmer wrote
    Left the pub at about 2 a.m., Eight of us went back to mine where we drank tons more and I was resident DJ, lots of party tunes, techno and shit like that though as things wound down I did play theme to The Pink Panther and a track that always gets a possitive response The Ecstasy Of Gold cool

OMG! I hadn't read this yet.

Timmer as DJ! biggrin shocked punk cool

With the Ecstasy of Gold. What a party to start the new year with. smile
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Thor wrote
    Heh, we managed to drum up 12 single people for a dinner tonight (9 guys and 3 girls). Quite a feat, considering that many of my friends are established with families now. I'm heading over there now to prepare. We have bought 7 1/2 kilos worth of turkey. Should be good.

So Happy New Year to everyone in advance! smile

7 and a half kilos? biggrin All gone?

Thor wrote
    Do we have a "hangover" icon here?

vomit could be a solution. Or frank? Or perhaps suicide.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2009
    Bregt, thanks for the London review, you had a great time there for sure! punk

HAPPY NEW YEAR MAINTITLES, wishing you all the very best and lots of getting jiggy wid it - love* (call me romantic, i don't give a flying fudge biggrin ) which once it enters your life, everything is possible from that point onward.

* preferably with a juicy hot babe full of life.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote
    * preferably with a juicy hot babe full of life.

Or failing that, full of wires.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2009 edited
    Or, did you see that Korean man who built his own sexy Asian looking sexy female robot that responds to real-time chatting, remembers your face, cleans your house, has body variable temperature and everything? Funny think is that despite the fact that he himself said hthat e built her due to lack of time for socializing, still he claims that she was not built for sexual purposes. Yeah. I can has belief biggrin biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote
    he claims that she was not built for sexual purposes.

All the other factors are simply added bonuses. wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2009
    Christodoulides wrote
    Or, did you see that Korean man who built his own sexy Asian looking sexy female robot that responds to real-time chatting, remembers your face, cleans your house, has body variable temperature and everything? Funny think is that despite the fact that he himself said hthat e built her due to lack of time for socializing, still he claims that she was not built for sexual purposes. Yeah. I can has belief biggrin biggrin

He needs to get a life!