• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. That's brilliant, Happy Birthday Tom!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2017
    Best wishes, Tom!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2017
    Have a good one Tom.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Happy birthday, Tom!
  3. Happy birthday to you,
    Happy birthday to you,
    Happy birthday, dear Tom,
    Happy birthday to you! wave
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2017
    smile I spent it in the hospital, yuk. Am home today hurrah
    Tom smile
    listen to more classical music!
  4. Happy Birthday Thunderer! May the advent of you fourth decade be a turn to better health and enduring optimism. All the best Thor!

smile Volker
  5. Happy birthday, Thor!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2017
    The big 4-oh! Happy birthday Thor. Ages till I’m 40 (well, a week and a half).
  6. Younglings, all of you! tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2017
    Thank you, guys! I'm celebrating with a massive hangover. smile
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2017
    Yayyyyyyy Thor punk
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2017
    Thanks, Tim. And cheers on the fantastic journey -- I'm following your facebook updates and pics with great interest (and envy)!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2017
    I'm sure Michael (franz) was the first to congratulate on James's anniversary of his birth.

Since you are so far away from home, I hope you can celebrate this historic birthday accordingly. punk
    Kazoo
  7. I wasn’t sure where to post this, so this thread seemed appropriate smile. I have a new daughter! She was born last Wednesday around noon. Now we’re in survival mode (as happens with new babies - especially babies that don’t sleep much), so I haven’t posted much lately (not that post terribly often as it is). If you want to see a picture check out my profile.
  8. She's so cute! And she seems so peaceful ... biggrin All the best to you!

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2018 edited
    Just got back home. I actually worked tonight, on my birthday (never been one to celebrate), but my colleagues arranged the most insane lock-in at this country pub I've been working at over the summer. In numbers...

12 people
    4 hours
    8 bottles of Prosecco
    2 bottles of gin
    several gallons of ale
    10 pizzas
    1 bowl of nuts
    8 slightly illegal 'cigarettes'
    1 delicious playlist of jazz and downtempo electronica

It was just... fucking great. Best birthday I can remember (and I'm surprised I that I can).

cool
    kiss beer punk
  9. All the best to you! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2018
    11 years birthday of MainTitles today!

Might be the last year. smile
    Kazoo
  10. I hope not! cry
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Happy birthday, MT!

Are you disbanding MT due to lack of activity or cost, Bregt? Or perhaps both?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Not sure yet if disbanding the whole thing, but the lack of activity has increased a lot over the past months, for some reason.

The question is: is MainTitles still necessary?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Bregt wrote
    Not sure yet if disbanding the whole thing, but the lack of activity has increased a lot over the past months, for some reason.

I'd say the trend has been a few years, not months -- but yes, it's gotten even less active lately.

On the other hand, this board is far more active than my own at Celluloid Tunes. Perhaps the day of the messageboard is over?

I'd say it's a shame to see it go, since it's my favourite film music board on the net in terms of atmosphere. On the other hand, I would completely understand the decision.
    I am extremely serious.
  11. Yeah, it's been pretty quiet around here. Seems like a lot of discussion has moved to Facebook, irritatingly.
  12. Yeah, I too believe things have moved over to Facebook, where I have no presence.

Volker
  13. I'd forgotten that maintitles has a presence on Facebook. Posts to the Facebook group are even less frequent that to the messageboard here.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  14. There are indeed certain score-related groups (not necessarily affiliated with sites), in fact more than one, which seems to have taken over the bulk of any film music discussion. I'd prefer to have message boards, personally, even if my own contributions have waned significantly. I'm still a lurker, even on a site which I am actively boycotting as a poster (ie. Filmtracks).
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2018 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I'd forgotten that maintitles has a presence on Facebook. Posts to the Facebook group are even less frequent that to the messageboard here.

Not the MainTitles Facebook, but in general. However, I can't imagine using Facebook for what we usually discuss here, on a forum, though. Facebook is a much more hasty environment.

Message boards are still popular. Anyone on Reddit knows this is still a strong format. But my forum here is too limited. So I have the option to revamp the site with a new platform that has all that available, or we move to somewhere else. But even then, activity is key, and that we don't have anymore. I'm sure it is related to the limited interaction and media possibilities that are available here, but besides that, are we with enough?
    Kazoo
  15. I believe some of the crowed, that became interested in film music with Star Wars (cited here as a pars pro toto) has moved on. They have lost interest in modern film music or they feel they have said everything there is to say about the kind of film music they like.

Volker
  16. I would be really sad to see this forum go, but you need to do what you need to do. I haven't been too active around here lately, or on any message boards. Life has gotten busy and I just haven't been making the time. I'm with Thor, though: this is my favorite forum on the web.