• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2009
    About time for a new one.

NP : ROCKY - Bill Conti

The original and best of the Rocky scores. What's not to like? This is a joy from begining to end and makes me want to start picking up weights again.....which i very seriously intend to do soon

4.5 / 5 punk cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    May I be the first to congratulate you on this, the second "Now Playing" thread at Maintitles?
  1. It's about the fourth actually biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    And something else to pump me up....

NP : ZULU - John Barry

Just time for the main theme then I'm off out the door to play pool ( Wednesdays I play for a pool team in a league )
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    May I be the first to congratulate you on this, the second "Now Playing" thread at Maintitles?

Why, thank you James beer wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    PawelStroinski wrote
    It's about the fourth actually biggrin

shocked dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea - Joe Hisaishi

uhm

Not sure if I heard the part that makes this one of the best of 2008. It certainly is lovely but not once did it grabbed my attention. I call these FLOATERS!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2009 edited
    Fourth? It looks to be the 18th from the Roman numerals?!?

By the way, there are more than 3000 unread replies in the previous Now Playing thread...I don't think I'll be able to keep up here either, but I just wanted to pop in at the beginning before it takes off again. smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thor wrote
    Fourth? It looks to be the 18th from the Roman numerals?!?

The number system continued from scorereviews.

Here are the previous NOW PLAYING threads.

NOW PLAYING XXI

NOW PLAYING XXII

NOW PLAYING XXIII

NOW PLAYING XIV

NOW PLAYING XV

NOW PLAYING XVI

NOW PLAYING XVII

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Oh....
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    uhm
    • CommentAuthormarkrayen
    NP - Georges Delerue: "Music from the films of Francois Truffaut" (London Sinfonietta/Hugh Wolff)

This music is so wonderfully charming! Even the stereotype-based dance music sounds fresh through it's marvelous orchestrations, and the slower pieces with expressive solos are indeed heartwrenching.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Erik Woods wrote

uhm

Not sure if I heard the part that makes this one of the best of 2008. It certainly is lovely but not once did it grabbed my attention. I call these FLOATERS!

-Erik-

There's something else we call floaters in the UK... is that name not used elsewhere in the world?

Anyway, I can't think of a better way of starting Maintitles.net's second Now Playing thread than with this classic:

The Rocketeer - James Horner

I see a hotel in Dubai decided to award themselves seven stars, which is unusually many in a five-star system. Well, that being the case, I award this score seven out of five.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    NP: Atlantis: The Lost Empire - James Newton Howard

Some good stuff here! punk
  2. Southall wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

uhm

-Erik-

There's something else we call floaters in the UK... is that name not used elsewhere in the world?

Yes, I was wondering just how bad Erik was saying it was, as in Australia FLOATERS have the same meaning as in the UK.

NP: Fireflies in the Garden (Navarette)

Beautiful, small score.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  3. What is that meaning?
  4. Well, sometimes when you flush the toilet, certain objects are resistant to the rush of water, and continue to float. We call these floaters. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2009
    An elegant explanation. And I was just going to post a link to something from Google Images.
  5. Hans Zimmer - K2

Long time no hear. Good and epic score. Rather forgotten by fans, too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    Erik Woods wrote

uhm

-Erik-

omg
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Hans Zimmer - K2

Long time no hear. Good and epic score. Rather forgotten by fans, too.

Not by me. I really enjoy this score even though in retrospect it shows lots of Hans later techniques that really annoy me, however, at that time this sounded really fresh and it's a score I still return to from time to time.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    William wrote
    NP: Atlantis: The Lost Empire - James Newton Howard

Some good stuff here! punk

A damn good example of a score I dismissed as "rubbish" but on a much later listen ( years later in fact ) showed itself to be very worthy, I'm so glad I gave it another chance. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    franz_conrad wrote
    Southall wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

uhm

-Erik-

Yes, I was wondering just how bad Erik was saying it was, as in Australia FLOATERS have the same meaning as in the UK.

rolleyes

Well, I had a feeling someone was going to bring that up once I wrote the post. I don't think the score is poo... but the score just that it floats around without doing anything interesting! Ummm... that could be the definition of poo, too.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    NP: Peter Pan - James Newton Howard

Flying is breathtaking! punk cheesy
  6. NP: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (Desplat)

It's interesting the cues that really begin to shine after you've seen the film - 'The Accident', 'Sunrise at Lake Pontchartrain' and 'Dying Away' are all very clever musical responses to what's onscreen. Desplat sure is starting to seem like more than a flash in the pan.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Prince of Egypt - Hans Zimmer

I wish Zimmer composed like this more often. Amazing score!! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote

uhm

-Erik-

Same here. I'd say that from all the 2008 Hisaishi scores i've heard this year, this is the least interesting.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  7. DemonStar wrote
    NP: Prince of Egypt - Hans Zimmer

I wish Zimmer composed like this more often. Amazing score!! punk

I concur! Score and songs are equally stunning.

NP: Lionheart (Mister Goldsmith)

Incredibly exciting, hauntingly beautiful, awesomely epic... You get the idea!

Does it show that I miss him? cry
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    DreamTheater wrote
    Does it show that I miss him? cry

I do, too. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    NP: Fools Of Fortune "The Island (Part 1)" from The British Years - Hans Zimmer

I like to request this track at SST when the queue is short (because this track lasts 13:11! biggrin ). I like the quiet piano, Irish stuff, and nice tender theme like "Life Goes On" theme on A League Of Their Own.

Some part reminds me a classical piece whose name I don't know...
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp