• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2009
    NP : WALKING WITH DINOSAURS - Benjamin Bartlett

Utterly, utterly BRILLIANT! punk
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Went from "The Great Escape" to "The Omege Man". Neither one a bad choice.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Southall wrote
    Star Trek Nemesis - Jerry Goldsmith

The best presentation of this excellent score would be somewhere in between the Varese album and the expanded boot. Perhaps some day I'll take the time to work out what exactly how to do it.

I am not really familiar with the Star Trek scores but the owner of the local CD shop gave this CD for me for free (he found some scratches on the surface and knowing that probably I am the only one in the town who buys film scores he just gave it to me saying he wouldn't be able to sell it anyway) I haven't listened to it yet but honestly hope that it is worth the price wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2009 edited
    If you´re not into the Trek scores you´ll miss a lot of the fun, I´m afraid. There are many quotes and stylistic references here and there. On the other hand, it will all sound quite fresh to you.

I can´t imagine what it would be like to discover the Trek scores the other way around, with ST:TMP as the grand finale. shocked They really DO get better and better that way (if you just ignore The Voyage Home).

I guess I would be reduced to a puddle of geekness by the time I´d get to A Good Start...
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: The River Queen - Karl Jenkins

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    LSH wrote
    NP: The River Queen - Karl Jenkins

cool

LOVE it, so much melody and warmth! Plus the vocal / choral work is (as always with this composer) outstanding.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE - A.R. Rahman

bhangra <-- look at me, I am enjoying it! punk
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    NP : SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE - A.R. Rahman

bhangra <-- look at me, I am enjoying it! punk

Aaargghhh
    Look at me, look what I´m doing to you!

bhangra
    beer -> Tim
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    bhangra
    bhangra <--look at me! Marcel is dancing on my head and I am still dancing cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    bhangra
    bhangra <--look at me! Marcel is dancing on my head and I am still dancing cool

biggrin
  2. Echoes of War (The Music of Blizzard Entertainment) (Russell Brower, Glenn Stafford, Derek Duke, Jason Hayes, Matt Uelmen, Tracy W Bush)

Some very good music was written for the Warcraft, Starcraft and Diablo game series. It was released as a double CD set featuring orchestrated tracks from all those games. It all sounds rather big in scale, with enough rousing fanfares and powerful choir to give it thumbs up. Worth checking out if you know the music from the games, or just like big epic sounding symphonic stuff (I guess that means the majority of MT tongue )
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Look! Timmer is shooting magic darts at Marcel! shocked

fireworksbhangrafireworks
    ________ bhangra
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Martijn wrote
    Look! Timmer is shooting magic darts at Marcel! shocked

fireworksbhangrafireworks
    ________ bhangra

Hey, stop it Tim, I´m trying to focus on my dancing!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    "Come on, runt, you can dance better than that!"

kill bhangra

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Erik Woods wrote
    "Come on, runt, you can dance better than that!"

kill bhangra

-Erik-

Yeah, you come up here and say that Mr. Woods!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    THE ISLAND OF DR. MOREAU from Rosenthal
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    fireworks bhangra fireworks
    kill bhangra

Look, I am shooting magic darts while Marcel dances on my head and Erik still can't shoot straight.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Look, I am...

...I am...

......I am...

developing a headache
    suicide
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : KUNDUN - Philip Glass

cool
  3. BhelPuri wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    NP: Without Apparent Motive (Ennio Morricone)

Not one of his best, a rather average piece which of course is understandable considering the gigantic scores he writes year per year

Senza Motiva Apparente? I haven't heard it. His giallo and poliziotta scores are not easy listens for me.
    Wasn't it Bertolucci who said that Morricone was akin to a factory when referring to his 70s output?

no problem, you aren't missing much, rather average
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Medicine Man - Jerry Goldsmith

It really wasn't that long ago that we took this sort of thing for granted. So many memorable themes in one score. A sweeping romantic theme, a fun "location theme", a dramatic action theme. And this in a score which wasn't especially noteworthy. Oh, for those days again!
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    NP: Chocolat ~ Rachel Portman

Right now I enjoy both this wonderful score and a hot mug of delicious chocolate. There is a sweet melancholy to this one. For me at least. It feels like being both happy and sad for what has passed. But of course there are cues who make you happy and optimistic. This is the beauty of it I think. The different emotions existing in its every turn. The beauty of music in general. smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2009
    Southall wrote
    Medicine Man - Jerry Goldsmith

It really wasn't that long ago that we took this sort of thing for granted. So many memorable themes in one score. A sweeping romantic theme, a fun "location theme", a dramatic action theme. And this in a score which wasn't especially noteworthy. Oh, for those days again!

Unbelievably I didn't like this one when I first heard it and thought it was below par Goldsmith, i was wrong of course!

You are so right James, oh to be spoiled like this again!?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    NP: shuffling the tracks from Hisaishi / Miyazaki soundtracks
    cool
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I couldn't make it through the entire page...i got vomititis. Rahman-induced.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote

Hey, you didn´t like my dancing on Tim´s head while he was shooting magic darts at me while Erik was trying to destabilize the whole thing? You ungrateful you!
  4. NP: Seven Pounds (Angelo Milli)
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2009 edited
    Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Hey, you didn´t like my dancing on Tim´s head while he was shooting magic darts at me while Erik was trying to destabilize the whole thing? You ungrateful you!

Next time Me n' Marcel will set ourselves on fire while juggling crocodiles with Erik aiming badly with a bazooka....I dunno, You bust yer balls puttin' on an act and that's the thanks ya get....sheesh! rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Next time Me n' Marcel will set ourselves on fire while juggling crocodiles with Erik aiming badly with a bazooka....I dunno, You bust yer balls puttin' on an act and that's the thanks ya get....sheesh! rolleyes

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    NP: Seven Pounds (Angelo Milli)

Love it.