• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2009
    Christodoulides wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    NP: Seven Pounds (Angelo Milli)

Love it.

Indeed, one of these atmospheric scores I love (despite Horner´s danger motif special appearance).
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2009 edited
    NP: Don Juan Demarco - Michael Kamen

Elegant, enchanting, exotic, playful, swashbuckling, romantic, lyrical, etc. What a score! A perfect example of theme and variation. The "Have you ever loved a woman?" theme is weaved throughout most of the score's playing time and is rarely played the same way twice. And what an action track "Don Alfonso" is! Kamen, you left us waaaaaay too early.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  1. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    NP: Seven Pounds (Angelo Milli)

Dude when are you finally going to immerse yourself in Yared's Troy? What's taking you so long? Why are you always avoiding this score at all cost? Why is the world full of misery? All questions I would like to get an answer on... but not necessarily today. rolleyes
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: Hellboy - Marco Beltrami

Fuckin' brilliant! cool

punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote

Elegant, enchanting, exotic, playful, swashbuckling, romantic, lyrical, etc. What a score! A perfect example of theme and variation. The "Have you ever loved a woman?" theme is weaved throughout most of the score's playing time and is rarely played the same way twice. And what an action track "Don Alfonso" is! Kamen, you left us waaaaaay too early.

-Erik-

That work is BEAUTIFUL, not anything you'll hear today. And i couldn't agree more on your last sentence.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

That work is BEAUTIFUL, not anything you'll hear today.

So very, VERY true! This stuff gives me goosebumps. You rarely hear talent like this anymore. And you rarely hear such tuneful melodies anymore.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: Secret Weapons Over Normandy - Michael Giacchino

One of his very best!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Erik Woods wrote

One of his very best!

-Erik-

Duh duh duh duh duh-da-da dahhhh!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

One of his very best!

-Erik-

Duh duh duh duh duh-da-da dahhhh!

punk

What a FANTASTIC bad guy motif! I love playing that on my friends piano when I go to visit!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : EXPLORERS - Jerry Goldsmith

Great, robust theme and a great fun score! cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2009
    NP: Bolt (promo) - John Powell

It's nearly midnight, I've just got back from the pub, I'm drunk, and I find the Bolt promo sitting here for me to listen to. This can't be healthy at this hour.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Anthony wrote
    NP: Bolt (promo) - John Powell

It's nearly midnight, I've just got back from the pub, I'm drunk, and I find the Bolt promo sitting here for me to listen to. This can't be healthy at this hour.

Same. Except I'm listening to Robots. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    ...and...and I only just realised you said 'promo'... yuh...

cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    NP: NOSTALGIA: PIANO STORIES III - Joe Hisaishi

This album series include Hisaishi's piano performances of his own film music, non-film music, and other composers works (Nino Rota etc.). I really love the 2nd track Ryojou (I don't know how to translate this word... "feeling of journey", maybe?). Cinema Nostalgia and the new arrangement of Porco Rosso theme are also great.

I really want Freedom: Piano Stories 4, because it includes great track Oriental Wind. But it's not in the local library so I'll buy it someday! smile
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Some poncy friggin plays going on here tonight, time to put something less "silky boy" on....

NP : TOTAL RECALL - Jerry Goldsmith

Fer real! punk
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    JOHN POWELL - Bolt

So heartwarming and addicting! Have to see the movie asap.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Timmer wrote
    Some poncy friggin plays going on here tonight, time to put something less "silky boy" on....

I can't wait until you come back thismorning and find out nothing's changed. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote
    JOHN POWELL - Bolt

More importantly, it's got some badass Powell action music which I've been sorely missing for the past three years.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    JOHN POWELL - Bolt

More importantly, it's got some badass Powell action music which I've been sorely missing for the past three years.

Yeap, i agree. Organized and not-messy, bold and kick-ass. Love it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    JOHN POWELL - Bolt

Have you already listened the promo Anthony? Is the rest of the music really worth it? There´s more action music missing in the official release? Talk! tongue
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    JOHN POWELL - Bolt

Unfortunately the movie suffers from some typical Disney schmaltz ( vomit )... but I do love that film and the characters. shame (Appealing to dog and cat lovers alike.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah, that's why i want to see it too, cats, dogs, love it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    JOHN POWELL- Hancock

Quick, skip, click, shift, jump to the last 2 cues, the beautiful Death And Transfiguration and The moon and the superhero and throw the rest in the recycle bin wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    JOHN POWELL- Hancock

Quick, skip, click, shift, jump to the last 2 cues, the beautiful Death And Transfiguration and The moon and the superhero and throw the rest in the recycle bin wink

'Hollywod Blvd'?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah, that too! How could i forget it? beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    NP : Space:1999 - Barry Gray

Fantastic opening theme followed by beautiful and sometimes haunting pieces of music .
    The CD captures the series atmosphere perfectly . Maybe this one is just for Barry Gray
    or Space:1999 fans like myself . For me personally it's one of my favourites !
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
  2. Eric wrote
    NP : Space:1999 - Barry Gray

Fantastic opening theme followed by beautiful and sometimes haunting pieces of music .
    The CD captures the series atmosphere perfectly . Maybe this one is just for Barry Gray
    or Space:1999 fans like myself . For me personally it's one of my favourites !

punk
    This is a great CD - and should be listened to as many people as possible. Gray's theme (and variations) is one of THE greatest TV themes ever composed. (Along with John Barry's The Persuaders theme.)
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2009 edited
    Marselus wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    JOHN POWELL - Bolt

Have you already listened the promo Anthony? Is the rest of the music really worth it? There´s more action music missing in the official release? Talk! tongue

It's practically the complete score. They even left source material in. There are only two or three cues I can think of that are missing, and it's only noticeable one of them is missing if you know the score well. Plus, it's got the full end titles suite which is severely cut down in the movie.

You really do want this no matter how good (lol) you think the official release is. Practically all the cues on the Disney release have been expanded on and there's at then there's still 40 minutes of other new stuff.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    I want BOLT... complete or not... but I want to see the film first... but it's not coming here until next August crazy

And eventually I missed chances to watch WALL-E in theaters. cry

NP: Porco Rosso - Joe Hisaishi

I was listening to many Zimmer scores these few days, but Ubeda news pulled me back to "Hisaishi mood" biggrin

I love Madness!!! punk
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Miya wrote
    I want BOLT... complete or not... but I want to see the film first... but it's not coming here until next August crazy

Nah, just listen to it anyway, it's great fun!