• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2009
    Nautilus wrote
    THE ACTION WRITTING IS POWELL COMING BACK TO HIS OLD DAYS!!! beer beer beer beer

Yes, and unsurprisingly it's successful when it's complex but organised. Not like the shoddy "the louder we play the better" days of X-men.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2009
    Anthony wrote
    Not like the shoddy "the louder we play the better" days of X-men.

The action music in X3 is phenomenal. Organized chaos is what I call it and it fits the images of an all out mutant war to perfection!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    The action cues in XIII are indeed very good, it's the rest that is nothing special.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    The action cues in XIII are indeed very good, it's the rest that is nothing special.

Well, it's mostly action any way. But I think the whole thing is great! Again, it was my favorite score of 2006.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Well, it's mostly action any way. But I think the whole thing is great! Again, it was my favorite score of 2006.

-Erik-

Nah...not great i believe; you want greatness from Powell? One word: PAYCHECK!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

-Erik-

Nah...not great i believe; you want greatness from Powell? One word: PAYCHECK!

I agree... but Paycheck wasn't written in 2006. wink

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Anthony wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    THE ACTION WRITTING IS POWELL COMING BACK TO HIS OLD DAYS!!! beer beer beer beer

Yes, and unsurprisingly it's successful when it's complex but organised. Not like the shoddy "the louder we play the better" days of X-men.

Yeap! this Is what I wanted to mean wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2009 edited
    I hope we get another score like that from Powell. It only added to his versatile repertoire, it never took away the sort of Powell most prefer... as is evident from his astounding output last year. I'm not quite sure why people are so anti-X-men?

Personally I think X-Men is one of his most impressive scores, and Pheonix's music is a great achievement.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    I hope we get another score like that from Powell. It only added to his versatile repertoire, it never took away the sort of Powell most prefer... as is evident from his astounding output last year. I'm not quite sure why people are so anti-X-men?

Personally I think X-Men is one of his most impressive scores, and Pheonix's music is a great achievement.

FACT!

NP : BASIC INSTINCT - Jerry Goldsmith

cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote

We haven't agreed on much in the past little while but that speech was inspiring!

punk

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

FACT!

NP : BASIC INSTINCT - Jerry Goldsmith

cool

Got bored with it and put this on instead....

NP : NIXON - John Williams

Much better thanks! cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    NP: Hancock - John Powell

John Powell had an amazing year. I enjoy everyone of his 2008 scores, and while Hancock isn't my favorite overall, it is still pretty awesome. And those lost few tracks. WOW shocked
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Panthera wrote
    NP: Hancock - John Powell

John Powell had an amazing year. I enjoy everyone of his 2008 scores, and while Hancock isn't my favorite overall, it is still pretty awesome. And those lost few tracks. WOW shocked

When you only have one or two scores from last year they don't seem like anything special, but when you listen to all SIX you realise he must have been busting his ass off.* punk

*I don't really understand what that means, but it sounds cool.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    The Beautiful Country - Zbigniew Preisner

I received this album last week and since my first listen I've been unable to get those heartfelt melodies out of my head so I just keep returning to them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote

We haven't agreed on much in the past little while but that speech was inspiring!

punk

-Erik-

You'd be surprised what I do agree with actually! Generally, when someone has a positive opinion on a score I've heard, chances are I'll agree. I'm a bit of a pessimist in real life, but when it comes to scores, I'm as faithful and crazy about them as a Texan is about country and western and Jebus.

Also, I'm listening to X-Men III complete. Because the official album is too short.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    keky wrote
    The Beautiful Country - Zbigniew Preisner

I received this album last week and since my first listen I've been unable to get those heartfelt melodies out of my head so I just keep returning to them.

That album contains some of the most heartfelt and beautiful material Zbigniew wrote in years!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: Lesbian Vampire Killers - Debbie Wiseman

First listen...

Don't let the title fool you... this is a massive, epic, Gothic, symphonic score performed by the Royal Philharmonic backed by the Crouch End Festival Chorus! So far so good!!!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Erik Woods wrote

First listen...

Don't let the title fool you... this is a massive, epic, Gothic, symphonic score performed by the Royal Philharmonic backed by the Crouch End Festival Chorus! So far so good!!!

-Erik-

I enjoyed this one. The album's probably a bit too long - ditching a few tracks would produce a much more enjoyable experience for me - but otherwise I liked it a lot.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Erik Woods wrote

First listen...

-Erik-

The title's the reason I'm interested! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Battle Beyond The Stars James Horner

Am I right in thinking Mr. Horner would have been 27 when he composed this? That's only 6 years older than me! shocked
  1. CutThroat Island (John Debney)

We seriously need something like this composed again. The score is a true action/adventure masterpiece. It's one of the reasons I like the movie a lot more than most people.

beer punk beer punk beer
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Erik Woods wrote

I want this. Want this. Want this!

Debbie rocks! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    Erik Woods wrote

First listen...

-Erik-

Any decent photos in the booklet? wink

NP: Billy Connolly's Musical Tour of Scotland - Various

A collection of traditional songs and tunes that went with the BBC TV documentary series Billy Connolly's World Tour of Scotland. Featuring vocals from Billy Connolly and Ralph McTell it's a nice relaxing 50 minutes-worth of music.

Makes me homesick. sad
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Battle Beyond The Stars James Horner

Am I right in thinking Mr. Horner would have been 27 when he composed this? That's only 6 years older than me! shocked

I think that's right!? He still wasn't even 30 when he did the gobsmacking BRAINSTORM shocked There was a maturity to Horner's "youthful" music that todays up and comers can only dream of.
  2. NP: Saints and Soldiers (J Bateman and Bart Hendrickson)

Soft elegant war score, so far nothing loudly or action wise, but the small moments do remind me of Horner at times (perhaps meant to be)
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    NP : Star Wars Return of the Jedi - John Williams (Polydor release)

Now and then I feel like playing the first Star Wars CD releases instead of all those new remastered ones . Call it nostalgia ... wink
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Bullitt Lalo Schifrin

cool <-most apt use of that emoticon
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote

cool <-most apt use of that emoticon

Not ganja Bob Marley?