• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2009 edited
    The composers behind the thriller PERFUME: THE STORY OF A MURDERER

New score CD release, info from colosseum.de

In The International, a gripping thriller, Interpol Agent Louis Salinger (Clive Owen) and Manhattan Assistant District Attorney Eleanor Whitman (Naomi Watts) are determined to bring to justice one of the world's most powerful banks. Uncovering myriad and reprehensible illegal activities, Salinger and Whitman follow the money from Berlin to Milan to New York to Istanbul. Finding themselves in a high-stakes chase across the globe, their relentless tenacity puts their own lives at risk as their targets will stop at nothing — even murder — to continue financing terror and war. Directed by Tom Tykwer (Run Lola Run) from an original screenplay written by Eric Warren Singer, The International was shot on location in Germany and throughout Europe.

The high-octane score is by Tom Tykwer, working with Reinhold Heil and Johnny Klimek, who scored Tykwer’s previous films Run Lola Run and Perfume, as well as the television series John From Cincinnati and Deadwood.

http://www.colosseum.de/product_info.ph … ional.html
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2009
    I'm intrigued. After the successful Perfume, I hope they'll be able to do something interesting with this.
  1. lp wrote
    I'm intrigued. After the successful Perfume, I hope they'll be able to do something interesting with this.

I hope so too, because one of Heil / Klimer's latest project was absolutely boring shit
    Blood and Chocolate vomit
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2009
    ^ Indeed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2009
    http://www.colosseum.de/product_info.ph … ional.html

A few samples can be heard here, and it doesn't sound to me like anything other then pretty standard thriller stuff. So, no Lola Rennt-energy repeat. Didn't expect another Perfume either; that score seems to make people forget they also did Land of the Dead ;-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2009
    NEW INTERVIEW: REINHOLD HEIL's upcoming new Ballet work, "THE ZODIAC"

German film composer Reinhold Heil, who is known for his collaborations with director Tom Tykwer and fellow composer Johnny Klimek such as The International, The Perfume and Run Lola Run, has composed a ballet which is premiering with Janusphere Dance Company in New York on September 11. Heil’s piece is called ‘The Zodiac’ and is featured in the dance company’s new programme ‘According To Janusphere’ where other talents include jazz composer Dick Hyman and violinist Yuval Waldman.

MovieScore Magazine had the opportunity to perform a brief interview with Reinhold Heil on this new non-film work.

[original source here: http://moviescoremagazine.com/2009/09/r … et-piece/]

To read the entire article, log on here at moviescoremagazine.com
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2009
    Capsule Review: TOM TYKWER / REINHOLD HEIL / JOHNNY KLIMEK | The international (2009)

For anyone interested, please read here: http://christodoulides.blogspot.com/200 … limek.html
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Yes, I liked it too. Good score for a background listen, though not something worth to be nominated for a WSA.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bregt wrote
    Yes, I liked it too. Good score for a background listen, though not something worth to be nominated for a
    WSA.

You've seen the movie? It fits like a glove! smile Big fan of Tykwer here.
  2. Christodoulides wrote
    Bregt wrote
    Yes, I liked it too. Good score for a background listen, though not something worth to be nominated for a
    WSA.

You've seen the movie? It fits like a glove! smile Big fan of Tykwer here.

haven't heard nor seen it, but people told me the movie was pretty good
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2010 edited
    THREE, directed by Tom Tykwer

Music by Tykwer / Heil / Klimm
    ek

Really looking forward to this.
    http://thefilmstage.com/2010/08/24/firs … ers-three/
  3. Christodoulides wrote
    THREE, directed by Tom Tykwer

Music by Tykwer / Heil / Klimm
    ek

Really looking forward to this.
    http://thefilmstage.com/2010/08/24/firs … ers-three/

Clips:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Drei/dp/B004FH5 … p;sr=301-2
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2010
    Thank you Alan, if this is half as good as PERFUME, then i am wholly interested.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2010
    If you listen to the clips it sounds nothing like Perfume at all and doesn't sound half as good, that's not putting it down too much as I was interested in what I heard, it's just that Perfume is such a tall order to follow.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. I'd heard the clips but wasn't too interested. I'd be interested to hear what people think after having heard the whole thing.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2011
    Any info on this 2010 score?

TOMORROW, WHEN THE WAR BEGAN, music by Reinhold Heil and Johnny Klimek
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2012 edited
    The official site for CLOUD ATLAS now features a lenghty, what seems to be a climactic full cue from the original soundtrack from the film. It's a build-up starting with a simple piano motif backed by electronics, building into a fully orchestral crescendo and interesting small details in between. It's not very complex, but I'm sure it sets the tone for the score. It promises to be the most orchestral score to date since the guys did PERFUME with lots of opportunities for thematic development.
  5. Demetris wrote
    Any info on this 2010 score?

TOMORROW, WHEN THE WAR BEGAN, music by Reinhold Heil and Johnny Klimek

it sounded decent in the movie? tongue
    great movie too, fun and very spectacular at least though it's a total remake of Red Dawn (which gets a remake this year thanks to Hollywood)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2012
    BobdH wrote
    The official site for CLOUD ATLAS now features a lenghty, what seems to be a climactic full cue from the original soundtrack from the film. It's a build-up starting with a simple piano motif backed by electronics, building into a fully orchestral crescendo and interesting small details in between. It's not very complex, but I'm sure it sets the tone for the score. It promises to be the most orchestral score to date since the guys did PERFUME with lots of opportunities for thematic development.

Cannot.
    wait.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Here it is btw for anyone interested

The official site for CLOUD ATLAS

http://cloudatlas.warnerbros.com/index.php
  6. Thanks, D. That score could end up being very eclectic, if they let the multi-genre nature of the story spill over into the music. You've got historical, nautical, contemporary, noir, sci-fi, and post-apocalyptic genres in that story. I wonder if they'll try to make the soundtrack match the substories, or if they'll try to use the soundtrack to unify the disparate plot lines. Either way, it should be very interesting.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Oh absolutely!
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Watching the trailer feels like there's a whole lot more story than can possibly be fit into a 2 hour movie. I hope it doesn't end up feeling as disjointed as "The Fountain", as it seems to be conceptually similar...
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I didn't think Fountain was disjointed. Yeap, it was a very personal experience leaving a lot to be imagined and interpreted according to our experiences and one's self, but overall i loved the movie and the tone / feelings it created.
  7. I think one of the tricks with this CLOUD ATLAS score is that one of the 6 plots directly concerns a composer's effort to come out with a new shattering piece of music in the 1920s, against the backdrop of British nostalgia concert music and the growth of dodecaphonic music. All respect to Tykwer and his friends, but I don't know that they have it in them to pull that off. That's the sort of thing that needs a John Corigliano or an Elliot Goldenthal.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2012 edited
    Demetris wrote
    I didn't think Fountain was disjointed. Yeap, it was a very personal experience leaving a lot to be imagined and interpreted according to our experiences and one's self, but overall i loved the movie and the tone / feelings it created.
    It was disjointed, self indulgent, misguided, new agey everything-but-the-kitchen-sink-oh-no-wait-there-it-is, faux-relevant, half-assed, pretentious drivel hiding its painful narrative, spiritual and logical emptiness behind an overwhelming plethora of "heavy" concepts.

I didn't enjoy it much either.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  8. Despite being a huge fan of the somewhat similar TREE OF LIFE, I am in agreement on FOUNTAIN. Brave attempt, but fell pretty flat. I've watched it three times out of curiosity to see what doesn't work. Failures are sometimes more interesting than successes.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I love THE FOUNTAIN.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    I don't enjoy films where it is nearly impossible to figure out what the writer/director was attempting to communicate. Maybe "The Fountain" just went over my head, but I'm fairly intelligent and I rarely have any problem with that.

"Cloud Atlas" looks to be better just from the trailer, it just seemed like there was a ton of different plot threads to squeeze into one film...
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Scribe wrote
    I don't enjoy films where it is nearly impossible to figure out what the writer/director was attempting to communicate. Maybe "The Fountain" just went over my head, but I'm fairly intelligent and I rarely have any problem with that.

I love those films myself, especially if they combine visuals and sounds in poetic ways open to multiple interpretations.
    I am extremely serious.