• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2009
    DreamTheater wrote
    Nearly all the songs are played in their entirety

See? That's already spoilt it for me.

(wink I'm kidding. I'm kidding)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2009
    The Final Destination 3D

I´ve gone with Jordi to watch this. The movie sucks, as planned (not even Tyler´s music is allowed to shine, as it is edited everywhere and mixed really low). The movie is a copy/paste of the previous three with no intention of providing new ideas.

1 out of 5

A funny thing has happened after the movie though. We were with Jordi in the parking lot discussing the movie when a car has approached us. There was the driver and two more guys, one of them recording us with his cellular. The driver pulls over by our side and says "excuse me...." and then suddenly another guy has appeared from somewhere inside the car wearing one of these monster masks. He shouts "aaaaarrrrgghhhh!!!!" Jordi and I have looked at each other and then Jordi has pulled out his best performance, acting like a mad guy, screaming out loud at the face of the masked guy. Last thing I´ve heard, from inside the car, has been "this guy is nuts!" while they were leaving the place.

Too bad they don´t know how close to the truth they are.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2009 edited
    Marselus wrote
    The Final Destination 3D

I´ve gone with Jordi to watch this. The movie sucks, as planned (not even Tyler´s music is allowed to shine, as it is edited everywhere and mixed really low). The movie is a copy/paste of the previous three with no intention of providing new ideas.

1 out of 5

A funny thing has happened after the movie though. We were with Jordi in the parking lot discussing the movie when a car has approached us. There was the driver and two more guys, one of them recording us with his cellular. The driver pulls over by our side and says "excuse me...." and then suddenly another guy has appeared from somewhere inside the car wearing one of these monster masks. He shouts "aaaaarrrrgghhhh!!!!" Jordi and I have looked at each other and then Jordi has pulled out his best performance, acting like a mad guy, screaming out loud at the face of the masked guy. Last thing I´ve heard, from inside the car, has been "this guy is nuts!" while they were leaving the place.

lol

Jordi.Rules.

If only they knew they've been speaking with the legendary J.!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    You should have seen that. Priceless.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  1. As I have with almost every Halloween since it aired, I watched the Garfield Halloween special.

I dont' give a shit ... I fucking love that thing. smile

The songs are catchy and fun and not a pain to listen to, the score (Ed Bogus) is just as fun and I'd LOVE if there were a song/score released on CD one day.

It's Halloween night, none of the channels (ABC, NBC, FOX, so forth) are airing any Halloween specials. What happened to the days when this, the Cahrlie Brown special, and other aired? Right now they are showing "Bones", college football, baseball, and other shit. What's happened to the fun? The kind of stuff a family could enjoy together? The feel-good Halloween specials. What the FUCK does college football have to do with Halloween? That's it -- I need to go get my fuckstick and start beating someone over the head.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Ransom

The 1975 version. Absolutely ludicrous. But very funny. Sean Connery plays "head of security for the Scandinavian government" and is in charge of rescuing a plane-load of hostages who are being held by a bunch of upper-class English terrorists led by Ian McShane; and the "British ambassador to Scandinavia" who is being held hostage by another bunch of upper-class English terrorists who, amusingly, disguise themselves by putting entirely see-through stockings over their head, which doesn't disguise them at all but does squash their nose and ears. With plot-holes so gaping you can probably see them from space, you just can't take it seriously at all. But what a score!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Marselus wrote

LMAO lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2009 edited
    Marselus wrote
    one of them recording us with his cellular..

Oh my God! i didn't notice they was recording with the cellular! I can see my face in youtubeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee soon !!!

angry
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nautilus wrote
    Marselus wrote
    one of them recording us with his cellular..

Oh my God! i didn't notice they was recording with the cellular! I can see my face in youtubeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee soon !!!

angry

Want.
  2. Knowing

On blu-ray: amazing audio!

I enjoyed this one a lot. Up until the end the movie is just great. But I can imagine the ending will not satisfy all people... I had no problems with it though. The disaster scenes are very intense. Watch this with the right audio equipment and you're in for a big ride. And I thought Beltrami's score worked very well.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I had no problems with it too. Cage's performance isn't the best around, he's kind snoozy and heady but still, i found the movie very enjoyable and as far as his acting skills are concerned, he has done MUCH worse. The disaster scenes are spectacular and the ending didn't bother me either. I'd like it if Beltrami's score would be mixed a bit louder though, in the movie. It's often largely over-shadowed by sfx.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Beltrami's score was great I thought.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Drag me to hell

Drag me to hell if this movie doesn't rocks! punk punk

that's the Raimi we love!!! (ok, the first 2 spiderman are great too)

A sublime mix of terror and comedy. Young score is sublime.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Muppet treasure Island

Watching Mrs Peggy with Zimmer brass and Horns (Including Crimson Tide rip off) is an experience I never forget cool

PS:This movie and score kicks the ass to the Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2009
    Don't tell me you actually believe that the timing of the release and the whole thing, has nothing to do with his recent death and the media craze that follows? And that the producers rushed to glamour-up and release footage that would in other normal situations be simply in youtube, out of pure love? Srsly. I don't have a problem with people who went to see it since nobody forced me to (although nobody asked me for the plethora of giant posters in the city, movie ads, magazine ads, radio ads, tv ads etc etc that pop up in front of me all the time but you can't have it all wink ) but isn't it a bit naive to actually think that money isn't a factor in all this?

I personally think that you people are so jealous about Michael Jackson's popularity around the world. Because none of the film composer have or had this kind of reputation. I don't see any huge fan following for any film composers as Jackson had. Jackson was true genius. He can't be compared with any of the film composers. He might be pop singer but he did had certain knowledge of composing music. By the way, what's wrong with that? if this movie release based on his death, nothing wrong in that, it would be final opportunity for billions of fans around the world can see it in cinema theater.

Come on, yesterday i saw this movie in theater, wow! awesome sound effects and i myself discovered in his last days how this genius worked so hard to regain his glory. That's remarkable.

Mark my words, no singers or composers would get this kind of honor and respect from billions of fans around the world.
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2009 edited
    surrogates

When bruce Willis is not "wearing" his surrogate, he does one of his best and more human performances. I can't believe a such carismathic actor choose so many bad projects.

The film is decent, but it's by far the worst movie from Mostow. And with such material, a filmmaker like Paul Verhoven could have a very interesting movie.

PS:Marselus, You will love Ving Rhames look.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Sunil wrote
    Don't tell me you actually believe that the timing of the release and the whole thing, has nothing to do with his recent death and the media craze that follows? And that the producers rushed to glamour-up and release footage that would in other normal situations be simply in youtube, out of pure love? Srsly. I don't have a problem with people who went to see it since nobody forced me to (although nobody asked me for the plethora of giant posters in the city, movie ads, magazine ads, radio ads, tv ads etc etc that pop up in front of me all the time but you can't have it all wink ) but isn't it a bit naive to actually think that money isn't a factor in all this?

I personally think that you people are so jealous about Michael Jackson's popularity around the world. Because none of the film composer have or had this kind of reputation. I don't see any huge fan following for any film composers as Jackson had. Jackson was true genius. He can't be compared with any of the film composers. He might be pop singer but he did had certain knowledge of composing music. By the way, what's wrong with that? if this movie release based on his death, nothing wrong in that, it would be final opportunity for billions of fans around the world can see it in cinema theater.

Come on, yesterday i saw this movie in theater, wow! awesome sound effects and i myself discovered in his last days how this genius worked so hard to regain his glory. That's remarkable.

Mark my words, no singers or composers would get this kind of honor and respect from billions of fans around the world.

Yes, you caught me. Yes we are jealous. We are already started building a new website which will soon replace this (www.michaeljacksonismybabysdaddy.net), in hope of someone actually getting to know us and give a fudge about us.
  3. Eric wrote
    Doghouse (2009)

A Shaun of the Dead type of film - not as good off course , but it was entertaining and
    funny in parts . I actually didn't give a toss about the main characters , they were a bunch of
    unlikeable guys and I was totally on the female zombie side . Maybe that sexy axe wielding
    zombie chick in the wedding dress had something to do with that ... biggrin

Eric, I enjoyed this one too
    I thought the humour was at times pretty good (of course not Shaun of the Dead great) but still
    The Match of the day moment was hilarious and I thought the ending was very well chosen smile

enjoyed it very much
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    105 pages? shocked
    Time for another thread, methinks!

Continued here!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn