• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthormarkrayen
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2009
    I had nightmares when I first saw that trailer a few months ago dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2009
    RV: Twilight

Saw it with my girlfriend yesterday and wasn't impressed. Way too cheesy.
  1. Since I need to be able to stop and pause often and have clearer sound, I am watching "Air Force One" on YouTube.

I have seperated all combined tracks from the old bad-sound 2CD boot, and the all excellent-sound 2CD boot, have noted which cues are not on which, and am now putting them in running order according to the film.

Right off the bat I notice the opening Main Title piece is missing about ten second of it's beginning, and other cue is missing a small piece from it's end, but so far, so good -- only appears (as I type this) one cue from the film isn't on either.

Anyway, running threw the film quickly. It's not a bad film. I think Goldsmith scored the film wisely and what Randy Newman did, did not give the film the emotional qaulities it needed. And fuck Zimmer in his ass -- the patrodic music he laughed about, hits the right marks and gives the film more.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. Zimmer didn't laugh Goldsmith's patriotic music, just said that Newman's irony isn't something for Wolfgang Petersen to grasp. He rather laughed off the director than the original score. I think he was pretty positive about the final effort, just that Hollywood (Petersen, whoever, really) didn't get the score.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2009
    Wild Hogs

I didn't think the day would ever come when I would - through choice - sit and watch a film starring John Travolta, Martin Lawrence and Tim Allen. But my friend told me I would like this - and he was right. Needless to say, William H. Macy steals the show, but this is a surprisingly funny film throughout.
  3. PawelStroinski wrote
    Zimmer didn't laugh Goldsmith's patriotic music, just said that Newman's irony isn't something for Wolfgang Petersen to grasp. He rather laughed off the director than the original score. I think he was pretty positive about the final effort, just that Hollywood (Petersen, whoever, really) didn't get the score.

No, he actually said in an interview that he "laughed" because it was "so patriotic".
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  4. Well, Aaron Copland is more than obvious choice for a movie about the President of the United States and it doesn't help how much the main theme owes to Fanfare for a Common Man. The time aside.

Goldsmith did his best work possible with the occurences and I love that score, but there is one thing. The film borders on insane when it comes to over-the-topness of the situation. Also Harrison Ford's performance borders on slightly ridiculous. Sorry but a "scared" Harrison Ford makes me rather want to HUG him rather root for him, in the whole movie he looks as if he was on the verge of crying. It wasn't so in The Witness or Patriot Games.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I'm going to have a two night watch of a classic "Casablanca" The other DVD is a lot of extra material. Outdated but top 100 film IMHO.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    markrayen wrote
    I had nightmares when I first saw that trailer a few months ago dizzy

It does not surprise me with such genius on display.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Well, Aaron Copland is more than obvious choice for a movie about the President of the United States and it doesn't help how much the main theme owes to Fanfare for a Common Man. The time aside.

Goldsmith did his best work possible with the occurences and I love that score, but there is one thing. The film borders on insane when it comes to over-the-topness of the situation. Also Harrison Ford's performance borders on slightly ridiculous. Sorry but a "scared" Harrison Ford makes me rather want to HUG him rather root for him, in the whole movie he looks as if he was on the verge of crying. It wasn't so in The Witness or Patriot Games.

I have to agree with you about the film, but I also have to say that I think Goldsmith made it a better film than it would otherwise have been. While I can understand the criticism of it being uber-patriotic, that's really what was needed - it may make some higher-end viewers laugh, but this is not a film which is aimed at higher-end viewers, and it would be a big help in making the film's actual target audience buy into it. I love Randy Newman like no other, and I think his music's sensational - but he was never get away with a score which would have functioned like somethiing like Elmer Bernstein's Airplane - sincere (and terribly impressive) though some of the action music was, some of it was just mocking the film.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Southall wrote
    Wild Hogs

I didn't think the day would ever come when I would - through choice - sit and watch a film starring John Travolta, Martin Lawrence and Tim Allen. But my friend told me I would like this - and he was right. Needless to say, William H. Macy steals the show, but this is a surprisingly funny film throughout.

Clearly you don't watch enough Family Guy. Peter Griffin saved me two hours.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    They really cleaned up the new copy of "Casablanca." Enjoyed myself a lot last night.

"Here's looking at you kid."
    Thomas
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    A classic film, one of my all time favourites.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Anthony wrote
    Southall wrote
    Wild Hogs

I watched enough Family Guy to realise I didn't like it at all. Who is Peter Griffin?
  5. Southall wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Southall wrote
    Wild Hogs

I watched enough Family Guy to realise I didn't like it at all. Who is Peter Griffin?

All it takes in one episode to know who Peter Gruffin is. That's exactly like saying:

"I watched enough Simpsons to realise I didn't like it at all. Who is Homer Simpson?"

Anyway, if you watched NEW FG, from when the show came back from cancellation, then your opinion is with justification, however, if you've not seen the original episodes, like hte first season, or the first Death episode, try it again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I watched two or three episodes when it first started, and some clips that people have told me are the funniest thing ever known to man. Sadly none of it raised even a hint of a smile from me - just not my thing.
  6. Oh well, won't argue -- FG isn't worth arguing over. Besides, being a fan myself, I understand it's not hte funniest thing ever.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2009
    Raiders of the Lost Ark

A great film - I never grow tired of it. Perfect score, too - one of the best. I've recorded all the films in HD and this was the start of my viewing - now looking forward to moving on to the others, but they're not as good as this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Southall wrote
    Raiders of the Lost Ark

A great film - I never grow tired of it. Perfect score, too - one of the best. I've recorded all the films in HD and this was the start of my viewing - now looking forward to moving on to the others, but they're not as good as this.

punk

I could watch this at any time and in any language. wink

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2009 edited
    sdtom wrote
    They really cleaned up the new copy of "Casablanca." Enjoyed myself a lot last night.

I feel the same way toward "Casablanca." I'll guess I've seen it 50 times before but each time I watch it I'll see something I've completely missed. The Oscar for the best film of the year is one that I heartily agree with.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    RV: The Incredible Hulk

Another first viewing. Pretty good movie. smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I really enjoyed it! I did feel that the score by Armstrong bogged it down though, I was expecting better.
  7. Tried watching "Savage Sam", a dog movie, just to hear a compsoer I had never heard work by before: Oliver Wallace. Film was just bad and corny; I've seen better TV work with dogs from that era. Turned the channel.
  8. William wrote
    RV: The Incredible Hulk

Another first viewing. Pretty good movie. smile

It is a very good movies, especially on Blu-Ray and in the perfect sound design punk
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    I envy you. beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    The Unit

Watched the last episode of the fourth and final season of this excellent show last night. I've been with it from the start and am disappointed it's over. Since I always look for over-simplistic, facile comparisons, I will call it a thinking man's 24. I wish more episodes had been written and directed by its creator David Mamet - but I guess that would be too much to wish for. He still did a surprising number. Disappointed it was cancelled.
  9. William wrote
    I envy you. beer

trust me, once you've experienced surround in your home, watching it on TV just doesn't cut it anymore shame

if you like movies, it would be the first thing to buy
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    The documentary called Bacall on Bogart had some interesting home movie footage that Lauren took on set during the filming of "African Queen" which I had never seen before. A lot of the material that they went over I pretty much knew about.

Thomas
  10. Erik Woods wrote
    Southall wrote
    Raiders of the Lost Ark

punk

I could watch this at any time and in any language. wink

-Erik-

Surely not? shocked

If there's one thing I've learned in a multilingual country, don't watch it unless the dub is absolutely 200 % perfect. Sadly, in reality most of the times it isn't even 50 % accurate. In fact, original version is the only version to go. How can anyone in a studio attempt to match the emotions and intensity of the role of the original actor? Exactly!

And Raiders is indeed a great film, but Doom is the most fun, and Crusade the funniest.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    PUBLIC ENEMIES

The first hour and a half is irregular, then it it's good enough.

It's like HEAD because in the 30's. It's far from Mann best works, but it's still a brilliant job.

PS: The digital shoots makes the film cheaper. I don't like this new techonology.