• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2009
    DreamTheater wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Southall wrote
    Raiders of the Lost Ark

punk

I could watch this at any time and in any language. wink

-Erik-

Surely not? shocked

If there's one thing I've learned in a multilingual country, don't watch it unless the dub is absolutely 200 % perfect.

You missed the point. I can't speak any other language than English but if I saw Raiders on TV dubbed in Spanish I would still watch it front to back.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  1. It's HEAD because in the 30s? What did you smoke, Jordi? biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  2. You mean Meat, not Head? tongue

Meat is a fantastic film, full of cinematic shots of ... well you know.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  3. Meat? lol
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  4. Erik Woods wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Southall wrote
    Raiders of the Lost Ark

punk

I could watch this at any time and in any language. wink

-Erik-

Surely not? shocked

If there's one thing I've learned in a multilingual country, don't watch it unless the dub is absolutely 200 % perfect.

You missed the point. I can't speak any other language than English but if I saw Raiders on TV dubbed in Spanish I would still watch it front to back.

-Erik-

I knew you was joking mate. wink

But Raiders in spanish? freezing vomit
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2009
    This thread is turning into euphemistic heaven. (But with an English spoken board of primarily non-English members, this is to be expected.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2009
    confused confused confused

I totally don't get this now.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Lilo and Stitch

How shocking to see a Disney animation about an unwelcome outsider who finally gets accepted by the end of the film. Who would ever have thought we would see the day? It's OK, but not in league with their better films on the subject (and pretty much all their films are on the subject).
  5. Death Proof

Second viewing and every bit as thrilling and awesome as the first time. Tarantino could make a film of my life and make it exciting. I wish!

Shame on me for not going to see this in the cinema. shame
    Shame on a lot of people for making this bomb.

The stunt and chase sequence at the end is just phenomenal !!!! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    franz_conrad wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Taxi Driver

TAXI DRIVER is a brilliant piece of work, however I'm not sure I can also recommend it to everyone who hasn't seen it. It left me feeling awful, and is on my list of well made films (REQUIEM FOR A DREAM, BEFORE THE DEVIL KNOWS YOU'RE DEAD) that I hope to never see again. Good for the head, not for the soul.

....but it's nothing short of brilliant, anyway you see it smile

THERE WILL BE BLOOD

Most brilliant cinema i've seen in many, many years. Top class, top quality.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2009 edited
    DreamTheater wrote
    Death Proof

Second viewing and every bit as thrilling and awesome as the first time. Tarantino could make a film of my life and make it exciting. I wish!

Shame on me for not going to see this in the cinema. shame
    Shame on a lot of people for making this bomb.

The stunt and chase sequence at the end is just phenomenal !!!! punk

Loved it too, esp. the hot babes!
  6. Is that a film you're likely going to see a second time D? Or just a one-time affair? I had a total blast second time. I was literally waving my hands like a little kid and going bananas when the credits started rolling by, just because the end was so justified. dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    I had to go to the centre of Tokyo to see this with subtitles... slant

BOLT

While I had a high expectation on this movie (as you all know... I love animated films, I love Disney, I love dogs, and Powell's score wink), it impressed me much more than I expected. The story is touching and well told, characters are likable, animations are smooth, and the visual style fits well in all of them. It's the first Disney movie that has something stir my emotions deeply since Brother Bear.

... Steven must say any warning is not needed, but I say here come some spoilers! wink ...

Two scenes especially struck me a lot. First is the Barking At The Moon sequence, where Bolt found happiness to be an ordinary dog (all dog lovers will love it!). It's very beautiful emotionally and visually. That song is also great. It's been a while since I last saw a good "montage song" sequence in animated films.

Another scene is Mittens' story ("declawed cat" line reminded me of a dog I know, who doesn't have vocal chords and was abandoned by his previous owner cry), it touched me so much because I didn't expect she could be more than an ironic companion.

As for visuals... it's also something I wanted to see. I really love the background style, it's moderately realistic yet feels like paintings even though it's still in 3D. I'm glad that it's not too detailed like Pixar's (I wish Ratatouille had been done in this style...)

For me this film is as good as Ratatouille (story-wise, I dare say) and Kung Fu Panda (visually). I gotta go to see it again! smile

p.s. Rhino is awesome.
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Powell's score works WONDERS in the film, and is thankfully NOT sparse mickey-mousing for a change, but full of strong thematic material and coherent melodies! Loved the film too.

DreamTheater wrote
    Is that a film you're likely going to see a second time D? Or just a one-time affair? I had a total blast second time. I was literally waving my hands like a little kid and going bananas when the credits started rolling by, just because the end was so justified. dizzy

Not really mate; i got what was to get out of it the first time i believe smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Miya wrote
    Two scenes especially struck me a lot. First is the Barking At The Moon sequence, where Bolt found happiness to be an ordinary dog (all dog lovers will love it!). It's very beautiful emotionally and visually. That song is also great. It's been a while since I last saw a good "montage song" sequence in animated films.

Me too. That was a really good montage and the song fit in perfectly. Has become a favourite of mine!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2009 edited
    DreamTheater wrote
    You mean Meat, not Head? tongue

Meat is a fantastic film, full of cinematic shots of ... well you know.

HEAT in the 30's I meant. How I said, the digital camera work makes the film a home video film. Anyway, the shooting in the wood is really great.

About the music, "journey to the line" moment aside, I think theres is some excerpt of "the corall atoll" from the thind red line in the beggining of the movie. I don't know if it's original or Goldenthal composing over a temp track.

UP

What a surprise!!!

I really loved this movie! A great mix of adventure, comedy and feelings. At last a pixar movie only made to entertain after so many self-satisfied pixar films like the incredibles or WALL E.

I put this picture in my top 3 animated pixar films: Toy story, Ratatouille and Up.

It's my first 3d movie ( ok, since some Freddy Kruegger movie a lot of years ago). It really makes the ticked price worth! it's amazing how this movie looks!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Miya wrote
    I really love the background style, it's moderately realistic yet feels like paintings even though it's still in 3D.

Actually many of the backgrounds in the movie were paintings that were later scanned into a computer.
  7. Christodoulides wrote
    Powell's score works WONDERS in the film, and is thankfully NOT sparse mickey-mousing for a change, but full of strong thematic material and coherent melodies! Loved the film too.

DreamTheater wrote
    Is that a film you're likely going to see a second time D? Or just a one-time affair? I had a total blast second time. I was literally waving my hands like a little kid and going bananas when the credits started rolling by, just because the end was so justified. dizzy

Not really mate; i got what was to get out of it the first time i believe smile

Well the way I see it, Tarantino's aren't simply watched. They are experienced. Good films just keep on surprising you. That's why I can never ever tire of my favourite films. They just keep handing out the goodies like it was the first time seeing them, know what I mean?
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2009
    RV: G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

A pretty good film! Saw it today with my girlfriend. smile Lots of good action stuff.
  8. Christodoulides wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Taxi Driver

TAXI DRIVER is a brilliant piece of work, however I'm not sure I can also recommend it to everyone who hasn't seen it. It left me feeling awful, and is on my list of well made films (REQUIEM FOR A DREAM, BEFORE THE DEVIL KNOWS YOU'RE DEAD) that I hope to never see again. Good for the head, not for the soul.

....but it's nothing short of brilliant, anyway you see it smile

I can't entirely agree. If the humanity of the work is to be considered an asset, it would not be a point in TAXI DRIVER's favour. Obviously this is just personal opinion, but I can only call a film so good when my primary reaction to it was that I never wanted to see it again.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

I probably watched this one 50 times between the ages of 7 and 10. And I hadn't watched it since, until last night. Very enjoyable film, despite a couple of flaws (and not being as good as its predecessor). Williams's score is so strong, too - one of his very best.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Southall wrote

I probably watched this one 50 times between the ages of 7 and 10. And I hadn't watched it since, until last night. Very enjoyable film, despite a couple of flaws (and not being as good as its predecessor). Williams's score is so strong, too - one of his very best.

Agree it is one of William's best score.

Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    Anthony wrote
    Miya wrote
    I really love the background style, it's moderately realistic yet feels like paintings even though it's still in 3D.

Actually many of the backgrounds in the movie were paintings that were later scanned into a computer.

Really? I thought they painted digitally on 3D backgrounds like Tarzan's Deep Canvas technique. Anyway that was nice.
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2009 edited
    Southall wrote

It was one of my most played films too. But now I consider this Indiana jones movie the weakest of the whole saga. I wan't to be missunderstood, it's a terrific action film, but Willie is annoying, the mcguffin is not too strong, and Spielberg and his "chieldrens" are too sugarish.

anyaway, Ford muscles shines as ever. And it could be a Bruckheimer production. moon

The Invasion

mmm...I liked it!

It has awful reviews, and a bad run in the box office. But I enjoyed a lot this remake.

Kidman botox is not so "present" in his acting , Craig is strong as always, and the film is always entertaning.

The fact, the main argument is about Kidman trying to "infiltrate" into the "bodysnatchers" make some kind of continuation of the last scene from Kaufman movie.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nautilus wrote
    I want to be missunderstood,

Oh, don't worry... you are already there.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nautilus wrote
    but Willie is annoying...

That was the point.

Nautilus wrote
    the mcguffin is not too strong

It's strong enough to send Indy on his journey. But the film isn't really about the stones... it's about saving the children.

Nautilus wrote
    and Spielberg and his "chieldrens" are too sugarish.

I don't get that from this film at all. Two great moments from the film involve children. When Shorty says "I love you" to Indy and at the end when the lost children are reunited with their families. Very, very strong and emotional stuff.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom is superb action adventure film!

Nautilus wrote
    And it could be a Bruckheimer production. moon

Some comments you might want to keep to yourself.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Erik Woods wrote

Nautilus wrote

-Erik-

The role of the woman , the light and smoke effects, the muscles, the non stop action. tongue

About the children, at least I had my favourite shoot from Spierlberg when Indy makes his apparition to rescue the childrens..
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Erik Woods wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    I want to be missunderstood,

Oh, don't worry... you are already there.

-Erik-

lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nautilus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

Nautilus wrote

-Erik-

The role of the woman , the light and smoke effects, the muscles, the non stop action. tongue

All executed ten-thousnad times better than Brucky could ever dream of.

Nautilus wrote
    About the children, at least I had my favourite shoot from Spierlberg when Indy makes his apparition to rescue the childrens..

Yes. the light from the mine car slowly revealing Indy just before he kicks some ass is indeed a powerful shot.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Nautilus wrote
    It was one of my most played films too. But now I consider this Indiana jones movie the weakest of the whole saga. I wan't to be missunderstood, it's a terrific action film

Just a few words: flying fridge, digital monkeys and flying rocks....yes, definitely a terrific action film rolleyes

Nautilus wrote
    Ford muscles shines as ever

When did they shine in the first place?

Nautilus wrote
    And it could be a Bruckheimer production

Funny quote of the month.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you