• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2009 edited
    Why does it always seem to me like the majority of fans of rap and other 'popular' styles have no grasp of spelling or grammar whatsoever? For example, take the following email I just received from some band (from who knows where that I don't even remember subscribing to):

"Hi

there seems to be some big mess up, here's the deal,

ok i just took over this band in November, lord knows what the guy before me did, but well it doesnt look good. And i feel sorry for Irv and for Andy, cause it looks like what littlemoney they did make he ran off with.

I've been using this fan reach, what i assumed was their fan based, but it turns out there's few people are getting emails they dont want, out of the 50'000 on th mailing list, i can't afford to reply to you all so, here's the crack.....

look, inorder to not get anymore emails, you dont have to write back, you just have to click on unsubscribe, somewhre below, lower down the email, replying to me doesnt work, i get 100s of emails daily at the moment, i cant reply to them all, i took over the band in late november, i assumed it was all in order...

look we've got 50,000 people on our mailing list, most of the time is spent writing to people, fans. sending tracks, photos and replying as well as much more, than someone replying saying, how did i get on this list, i dont know how you got on the list!!!! i dont know how you got on the list ok!!! just click unsubscribe!!!

i cant actually deal with that, i dont have the answer, i just took over managing this band, and someone has made a right mess...

Well someone signed you up, i dont know how ok...... i reallly dont, maybe someone doesnt like you, or something, and thinks this is some sort of punishment, look out of 50,000 emails its not. easy for me to just put things straight, there is A thing at the bottom of the page saying unsuscribe...CLICK IT AND YOU WONT GET ANY MORE EMAILS!!. i CAN'T purely can go through and unsubscribe everyone that is accidently on the list... maybe your friend signed you up for a laugh, god knows....

anyhow, no adverts here just trying to clear up whats going on.

please it says unsubscribe at the bottom of the page, just click there and you're done, no more messages, ok.......

any how, turns out the last guy was a complete phsyco... even before he knew me he was using the band, they played gig which he took all the cash for, he nver gave them a chance...

i'm in charge now, me Benno, i officially took over since late. thats it, i i didnt realise when this was handed over what a mess that guy made,, i just took charge and tried to follow,

ok, so apologies, and otherwise enjoy the music, the inconvenience the respective party has been delt with.

in the mean time enjoy the music

www,myspace.com/jesuistrois

as you can imagine, Irve and Hughes are both not happy about thissitution and were unaware this is what the previous guy was on about. but well, i'm at the rudder now, an hpoefully will steer them to success, indespite.

respect

Benno

(who is very unhappy at the way things were, but is trying his best to resurect)"

Incorrect grammar, lack of punctuation, bad spelling, etc. Heck, the guy doesn't even know how to correctly type out his own MySpace address! Yeesh! vomit But this is not the case with most 'classical' publications, letters, and articles. Why? confused Why does more refined music seem to go hand-in-hand with better writing skills, and more modern, popular music with crappy writing?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2009
    Somebody needs a chill pill. biggrin cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Anthony wrote
    Somebody needs a chill pill. biggrin cool

rolleyes biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I wouldn't worry about it William. Best thing to do is not to read it in the first place. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    The faulty language and grammar is one thing. But how many times did he point out that mailing list had 50.000 subscribers and that he just took over the band?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I'm glad that there are a few that care enough in the world today. But then the audience he is reaching probably feels this is just fine which is very sad.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Steven wrote
    I wouldn't worry about it William. Best thing to do is not to read it in the first place. wink

Good point. And I'm not "worry"ing about it; I just thought it was interesting. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2009
    sdtom wrote
    I'm glad that there are a few that care enough in the world today. But then the audience he is reaching probably feels this is just fine which is very sad.
    Thomas

Agreed. I've never understood why certain genres of music (some of which I wouldn't classify as "music" at all) are associated with different cultural images, ideals, etc. Music is music. Period.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2009 edited
    Couldn't disagree more.

As musicology, sociology, psychology and history of music will tell you, Music has always been associated through the eras with certain social traits, characteristics and elements, right from its very birth and up to date. There's no logical way or reason why one would try to disjoin the two, as people created music through the ages to express their concerns, feelings and their own selves which were altogether formed throughout and echoed the social (and other) surroundings and circumstances they lived in.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2009
    Christodoulides wrote
    Music has always been associated through the eras with certain social traits, characteristics and elements, right from its very birth and up to date. There's no logical way to disjoin the two, as people created music through the ages to express their concerns, feelings and their own selves, altogether formed throughout and echoed the social (and other) surroundings and circumstances they lived in.

Very good point! But why is it that popular styles seem to be more closely associated with bad grammar, language, etc. than the more 'classical' styles? What is it about the music that connects it to certain ideas, standards, images, etc.?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2009 edited
    Its source of birth. The people who make it, the historical, social background in which they live(d) and their own personal background.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2009
    I'm glad I grew up in the 50's then.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Hey, don't get bugged out, daddy-o!
    Gotta keep hip to the jive, or the bob's just a big tickle, right?
    Now it's cookin, like, crazy, man!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I can Martijn to a point.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    dizzy biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2009
    Watch "Gran Torino" and you'll understand somewhat.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2009
    Martijn wrote

LOL biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    William wrote
    Martijn wrote

LOL biggrin

Do you usually take 4 months to find something funny!? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I usually have to consult a panel of scientists, psychologists, military leaders, politicians and cat wranglers before I can decide whether or not something is funny. Due to the inherent bureaucracy of the whole process, 4 months is pretty standard time for a response.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Timmer wrote
    William wrote
    Martijn wrote

LOL biggrin

Do you usually take 4 months to find something funny!? wink

I do when I miss it the first time. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Steven wrote
    I usually have to consult a panel of scientists, psychologists, military leaders, politicians and cat wranglers before I can decide whether or not something is funny. Due to the inherent bureaucracy of the whole process, 4 months is pretty standard time for a response.

That's right! You tell 'em, Steven! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2009 edited
    Steven wrote
    cat wranglers

applause

If I hadn't been already professionally involved with that company and know that the only cats left are cat-astrophes and the place has gone wholly to the dogs, that ad would make me sign up with them in a heartbeat!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote

I have an easy and very effective solution for all this, personally:

MARTIJN.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote

I have an easy and very effective solution for all this, personally:

MARTIJN.

How do we know it works? biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    If that ever stops working, then it will just mean we simply blew our funny fuses.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Btw, STEVEN, that cat cowboy video made me smile like a retard, i almost ripped my cheeks apart, i couldn't smile any wider! Thanks beer