• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2009 edited
    Cindy had a STROKE on New Years Day.
    She collapsed at her computer after feeling sharp pains on her side, her children called 911.
    She is in rehab , no address or computer access.
    She is walking now but has to relearn how to use her left side.
    No prognosis yet on a recovery time.
    She will be on some new drugs and she has no history of this in her family.
    Most everyone at her job Homedepot have been in touch with her, when I know more you will.

I got this message from a good friend of hers.
    Lets all keep Cindy in our prayers.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2009
    Moonie... Who is Cindy? Your cat? Or your wife? I'm not sure what to think. confused
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    William wrote
    Moonie... Who is Cindy? Your cat? Or your wife? I'm not sure what to think. confused

She mostly post on the FSM board , that's how I met her, shes a dear friend and loves film scores as we do, so she is definitely one of the family, as in filmscore family. Some here know her as well.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Ow shit! sad

Very sorry to hear that. The best!
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Really sorry to hear this about Cindy, she's one really lovely lady over at FSM.

I suspect Tom having personal experience will have something to say about this.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Very similiar to what happened to me except I had no headache, just dizziness and the inability to stand. The fact that she can walk is a +++. I wish I had the money to fly to the coast and be with her thru these extremely crucial times and can only hope she is given the care and rehab that I received at Sharp Hospital in San Diego.

Yet another warning to all on the board. Have your blood pressure checked on a regular basis!!!!
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    sdtom wrote
    Have your blood pressure checked on a regular basis!!!!

Word. slant
    (Though after repeated measuring, my doctor gave me a provisionary OK. cool )

Still slightly confused about the cat bit in the topic title though?
    Is it like some sort of nick name for this Cindy?
    (I don't know her shame but my best wishes go out to here, evidently.
    And I do like cats. cat )
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Just her nickname Martijn.

Keep on top of your BP my friend. There is simple to take medication in the early stages and just a little effort with the diet can put it in the 130/65 area. Remember that when the stroke happens there is little or no warning.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    And we should all be grateful that she survived as many who have strokes just pass away.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Terrible news, but I hope and think she'll make a full recovery. After all, she's quite young. My best wishes to her!
    I am extremely serious.
  1. indeed, terrible news, hope she recovers well and soon sad
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Terrible news indeed, all the best of wishes and positive vibes from me too. How old is she?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2009
    I had the opportunity to have a nice long talk with CAT/Cindy last night. She had the stroke the beginning of the year, was in ICU for 6 days and then she was transferred to the rehab unit where she is currently. It was very very similiar to what happened to me. She got a clot and it broke into the right side of her brain which paralyzed her left side completely. She is left handed which also means that she is going to have to learn how to use her right hand to feed herself, write, and all of the things you'd do with the other hand. She will have to go through a long slow process and the doctor's really don't know how much will come back to her. Her speech wasn't altered much but to be honest it was really difficult to talk to her without wanting to cry. Damn I know what she is going through especially with the brain. I could deal with the paralysis much easier than the feelings, emotions, no multi-tasking, forgetting. While I don't have the money to fly to the coast I'm going to keep in close touch with her via telephone and send her music.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Here's to stem cell research! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    Thanks Tom , your a good friend, keep us posted.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2009
    There is a clot busting drug also Steven but there are two problems. #1 they have to determine in the first couple of hours it is a stroke and #2 you have to be a candidate to be able to take the drug. From what I was told you can bleed to death very easily. When the stroke occurs on the right side the fact that you can answer some normal questions is a minus. If it is on the left side it you can't talk, thus.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2009
    Here's something that should interest you, Tom:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7795586.stm

One particular part of the article enrages me no end:

the idea has in the past been described by anti-abortion groups as a "sick proposal".

Here's to ignorance! beer rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2009
    confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I would love to come to the UK and be signed up for the test study.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    sdtom wrote
    confused

I was being facetious about people's ignorance.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I can't follow with Steven either...
    And "Facetious" is a word I haven't heard.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    It's when you're being really tious in the face.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Indeed. The opposite to being pious in the face. (You know, fake smiles and all that.)

Where are we going with this..??
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Pies in the face?
    We're talking Laurel & Hardy now?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2009 edited
    Abit like ... icecream
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Understand