• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2009
    Erik's is superior, no doubt about that. But I don't get the "selections from" either. Most commercial soundtracks are "selections from", but never include that in the title. It's like that odd FAR & AWAY credit, which read "Music TAKEN FROM The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack". Taken from?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thor wrote
    Erik's is superior, no doubt about that. But I don't get the "selections from" either. Most commercial soundtracks are "selections from", but never include that in the title. It's like that odd FAR & AWAY credit, which read "Music TAKEN FROM The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack". Taken from?

I thought you'd be the one that would have supported this. Don't you agree that the album contains only SELECTIONS from the original score?

BTW, the ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK tag has abothered me since day one since technically if the album WAS indeed the ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK it should also contain sound effects and dialogue.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Erik Woods wrote
    I thought you'd be the one that would have supported this. Don't you agree that the album contains only SELECTIONS from the original score?

Yes, but don't you think it somehow insinuates that it's a LESSER experience because you're not getting the whole thing?

BTW, the ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK tag has abothered me since day one since technically if the album WAS indeed the ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK it should also contain sound effects and dialogue.

-Erik-

Well, 'soundtrack' is a word with multiple meanings. It's the soundtrack of the film with, as you say, effects and dialogue (on separate "sound tracks", but merged into one in the end) and then it's the purely musical entity sold on album as a spin-off product. Can be confusing for some, especially since the word 'score' also has multiple meanings (written score sheets, original instrumental score, 'pop score' etc.).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thor wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

Yes, but don't you think it somehow insinuates that it's a LESSER experience because you're not getting the whole thing?

I don't know... does it? tongue wink I think the SLECTIONS tag tells the consumer exactly what they are going to get just like the tag COMPLETE ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SCORE tells them exactly what they are going to get.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Erik Woods wrote
    I don't know... does it? tongue wink I think the SLECTIONS tag tells the consumer exactly what they are going to get just like the tag COMPLETE ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SCORE tells them exactly what they are going to get.

-Erik-

Perhaps. To me, though, it's really irrelevant WHAT it's called. It could say "music pulled out of a donkey's ass" and I wouldn't blink. All I care about is how it holds up as a "singular album entity".
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Music Pulled Out of a Donkey's Ass

Composed by Steve Jablonsky
    Executive Produced by Hans Zimmer

Yes, makes sense.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Music Pulled Out of a Donkey's Ass

Composed by Steve Jablonsky
    Executive Produced by Hans Zimmer

Yes, makes sense.

biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. How exactly does one pull music from a donkey's ass? And more importantly, is it painful for the donkey? These are the questions I need answered.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    DreamTheater wrote
    How exactly does one pull music from a donkey's ass? And more importantly, is it painful for the donkey? These are the questions I need answered.

The fact that you don't know is why you are not skilled and knowledgeable enough to work for Remote Control Studios, while Steve Jablonsky is. smile
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    lol
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Love Actually (Promo)
    http://scoretemple.blogspot.com/2009/11 … ually.html

smile
    scoretemple.ch - custom covers
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2009
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2009

Perfect timing for the new suites...thanks!! smile
  4. Much better than the official cover.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2009
    Erik Woods wrote
    Since the Amazon version of THE CHRISTMAS CAROL CD art bah-freakin-lows here is something I slapped together a few hours ago.

-Erik-

Now that I am finally getting around to buying this score, I am very glad to have this much better cover. Thank you Erik smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2009 edited
    Since no one else seems to have made one, here is my attempt at a better New Moon cover. It's not spectacular but anything beats the original:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3 … =523601762
  5. Scribe wrote
    Since no one else seems to have made one, here is my attempt at a better New Moon cover. It's not spectacular but anything beats the original:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3 … =523601762

it's at least something completely different, very nice work Scribe smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthormsi2
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2009 edited
    Scribe wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Since the Amazon version of THE CHRISTMAS CAROL CD art bah-freakin-lows here is something I slapped together a few hours ago.

-Erik-

Now that I am finally getting around to buying this score, I am very glad to have this much better cover. Thank you Erik smile

Thx erik, way better.

btw, can anyone make a good front cover for a Far Off Place (Horner)? The one i have currently is in low resolution and i would like something better.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2009 edited
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Wow, the difference when you compare them is amazing... the original looks so cheap, unbelievable, could be a CD from the one dollar basket or something.

Well done Erik! :whip:
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2009
    Oh, I forgot, only Erik can use the personal :whip: emoticon... biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2009
    :whip:

-Erik-
  6. punk We have our very own Indy punk
  7. Erik Woods wrote
    :whip:

-Erik-

now, this is a personal emoticon that kicks but
    but where did it go? dizzy
  8. Indy doesn't need quoting, let the man talk for himself. beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2009
    Anybody have a back cover for Armstrong's The Incredible Hulk?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2010
    My custom cover for The Guardian. Unfortunately this was the biggest resolution I could make it in due to the material available.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    A good score btw!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  9. Anthony wrote
    My custom cover for The Guardian. Unfortunately this was the biggest resolution I could make it in due to the material available.

not bad, not bad at all, now here's hoping it has some music by Trevor Rabin to back up that cover smile
    • CommentAuthorLars
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Anthony wrote

not bad, not bad at all, now here's hoping it has some music by Trevor Rabin to back up that cover smile

i've seen a 37 minutes promo score on ebay. google is a good friend to find this.
  10. Hello everyone, want to share with you my new website for custom covers, hope you like it, any comments and suggestions are most welcome wink biggrin

soundtrackList.net

and now, a cover I made for a score we all hope will get a chance to listen to...

Elfman please come back biggrin
    so many scores... and not enough time... | http://soundtracklist.net