• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2014
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Great that you had a great time in Edinburgh.

I do have a question Thor. I see that you wore little rosette-style celebrations for your country's 200th anniversary. Were you at all mistaken either as a candidate for the upcoming European elections or a Rangers supporter?

He, he....no, but we did get some looks. Are they the Rangers colours? That would have been embarassing in the country of the Celtics.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2014
    ...and potentially dangerous.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Timmer wrote
    ...and potentially dangerous.

Potentially!

My brother now lives in Larkhall which is about 15-20 miles outside Glasgow. And round where he lives the green lights on traffic signals have wire mesh over them because they are always being targeted by Rangers supporters.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2014 edited
    Thor wrote
    Just returned from a long weekend in Edinburgh with a friend of mine. Terribly hung over.

It's basically three days of drinking and binging on unhealthy foods, but I still love it!

That sums up my last visit to Edinburgh, although I didn't get any sleep due to being in a hotel filled with pissed/drugged up Oasis fans.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2014
    Once, many moons ago, this could have been me.

http://time.com/112672/climber-falls-video/
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Once, many moons ago, this could have been me.

http://time.com/112672/climber-falls-video/

Yeah -- as the video says, that's the real life 127 HOURS right there.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Remember that 127 hours was also a real life event.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Remember that 127 hours was also a real life event.

It was...but I believe they took quite a few artistic liberties, as one does with a film like that.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yes they did. Point taken.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2014
    So I'm off to New York in a few hours.

I never got any response in my thread about the Williams/Boston Pops concert, nor if there was any Maintitles members living in New York who would be willling to meet up, so I'll take that as a definite "no, there are no members from New York here at Maintitles".

But should there be, feel free to post here!
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Have a good flight and a great time in the States! Take care, Thor!

wave Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Have a safe trip and enjoy!

I think Jim Lochner lives in New York but he's not a member here.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Anyone been to Séte, France here? Given my shameful lack of French, how's the English in this part of France?
  3. English in France, anywhere in France? Ha, that's a good one!

V.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Anyone been to Séte, France here? Given my shameful lack of French, how's the English in this part of France?

Are you going on holiday?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2014
    Captain Future wrote
    English in France, anywhere in France? Ha, that's a good one!

V.

Shit.

Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

Are you going on holiday?

Oui! Off to meet up with a new housemate who will be moving in this September to study at Essex uni. I need to brush up on some French to impress her...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2014
    Une fille?

Cela fait sens. biggrin

feel free to correct any shitty French I write
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2014 edited
    I can't! I need Monsieur Google...

But yes. You are correct in that assumption.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2014
    None of you foulr care less, but I've just had an fam gathering in neq york and loads of other stuff and I'm dtunk anf I've had lots yo trll. Repot com7ng soon.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2014 edited
    Thor wrote
    None of you foulr care less, but I've just had an fam gathering in neq york and loads of other stuff and I'm dtunk anf I've had lots yo trll. Repot com7ng soon.

Monsieur Google?

We need Gobbledy Google!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    biggrin

Nice.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2014 edited
    shame

The combination of drunkeness and a stupid, tiny samsung galaxy keyboard makes these late night rants even less coherent than usual.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    We're still waiting for the repot.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yeah, it's way past com7ng. Approaching com8ng, even!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    You sound a little dtunk.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    You thrink?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2014 edited
    Bregt wrote
    I just booked a return ticket to Bucharest for mid June because Cristian, a friend of his and I will be undertaking a new hike for 5 days. It's in the Retezat mountains in South West Romania, part of the mighty Carpathian range. It's one of Europe's last wildernesses apparently and it has lots of glacial lakes all over the mountains. and our Romanian member hasn't been there himself either. Will be cool and a lot longer then last year. smile

I'm back!

I went hiking with Cristian and some of his friends in a remote part of the Carpathians, the Retezat Mountains. While the weather was shit the first two days, everything worked out after that and we had some fantastic walks on the cliffs and ridges. On the way back, Cristian and a friend took me to a short road trip through Transylvania and we visited a rather great castle in Hunedoara and I saw some gypsy palaces. On the way back to the airport we also had a stop in Sibiu, where I was last year, and that was a great way to end the trip. It's a beautiful town, and because of the great weather, it was buzzing with people. Had a great time and thanks a lot to Cristian and his hiking buddy Catalin to show me another part of this really interesting country, both nature and historic. We have some plans for next year too!

Related: Has anyone been Tatra in Slowakia/Poland?
    Looking for an easygoing hiking area to go with my girlfriend and combine with some culture and sightseeing (Bratislava and some other towns). Or perhaps straight go to Lofoten but that seems very far away.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2014
    Apparently Hawaiian beaches have some fairly easy-going hiking options.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    But ... that's so flat.

It at least needs to be a 1000m high and have more rocks than sand. I hate sand! Preferably it also has to be colder but not necessarily more windy, though some wind sure is a plus!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Why don't you come in Greece Bregt? Seriously now, Sparta were i used to live is perfect for easy going hiking in Taygetos and has a lot of culture and sightseeing around. Mystras is 2 klm from Sparta, Keadas 5 klm off and in 2 hours you can be in Monemvasia which is breathtaking! And you will walk where Leonidas walked. I'll be off in two weeks. I miss it so much it hurts.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...