• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2009
    What did you do exactly on THAT THING? freezing
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    What did you do exactly on THAT THING? freezing

Apart from having a few goes myself you mean!?? ( you really should try it if you get the chance punk )

My work was solely to pull people into the dinghy ( bridge > jump > river...get the pic ) after they were lowered down after a jump.

A few tasty girls even did it topless biggrin lick
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2009 edited
    Tim, we did OF COURSE bring a Lonely Planet. However, it was an outmoded one from 2006, which is why we were a bit disappointed with Phi Phi (a LOT had happened there since then!). It's a crucial accesory on any trip, although - as Bregt says - some times it's better to just explore things on your own.

(Speaking of bungee jumps, here's a brief video of myself doing Norway's longest fall back in 2005, 88 meters to the ground....adrenaline kick, but I'm not sure I'll do it again!)
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thor wrote
    (Speaking of bungee jumps, here's a brief video of myself doing Norway's longest fall back in 2005, 88 meters to the ground....adrenaline kick, but I'm not sure I'll do it again!)

You.are.fucked.in.the.head shocked

I'd never, never do anything like that, no matter what! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    yeah
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2009
    Thor wrote
    Tim, we did OF COURSE bring a Lonely Planet. However, it was an outmoded one from 2006, which is why we were a bit disappointed with Phi Phi (a LOT had happened there since then!). It's a crucial accesory on any trip, although - as Bregt says - some times it's better to just explore things on your own.

yeah punk
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Thor wrote

punk beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    Anyone have any ideas on what I can do during a 12 hour layover in London? My flight is supposed to arrive at 5:30 am and then leave for Cairo at 5:30 pm. I don't want to stay cooped up in the airport that long, but is that really enough time to do anything and make it back through security and all that junk before my next departure?

And this will be right around Christmas if that makes any difference!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    David wrote
    Anyone have any ideas on what I can do during a 12 hour layover in London? My flight is supposed to arrive at 5:30 am and then leave for Cairo at 5:30 pm. I don't want to stay cooped up in the airport that long, but is that really enough time to do anything and make it back through security and all that junk before my next departure?

Which London airport?

12 hours doesn't give you much time at all.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    Timmer wrote
    David wrote

Which London airport?

12 hours doesn't give you much time at all.

Heathrow
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2009 edited
    There is the Heathrow express that travels between Heathrow and London every 15 minutes ( perhaps someone here can confirm this as I've not been in Heathrow for a couple of years ) , I'm sure that including checking out and ( most importantly ) checking back in for you're flight that you could spend at least 6 hours in London.

Considering it's one of the worlds greatest and biggest cities what would interest you the most...shopping? Museums? Monuments? Historic buildings?.........Pubs?? biggrin cool wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2009 edited
    Timmer wrote
    There is the Heathrow express that travels between Heathrow and London every 15 minutes ( perhaps someone here can confirm this as I've not been in Heathrow for a couple of years)

This is correct. smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    LSH wrote
    Timmer wrote
    There is the Heathrow express that travels between Heathrow and London every 15 minutes ( perhaps someone here can confirm this as I've not been in Heathrow for a couple of years)

This is correct. smile

Missing Australia already Lee??
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2009
    Timmer wrote
    There is the Heathrow express that travels between Heathrow and London every 15 minutes ( perhaps someone here can confirm this as I've not been in Heathrow for a couple of years ) , I'm sure that including checking out and ( most importantly ) checking back in for you're flight that you could spend at least 6 hours in London.

Considering it's one of the worlds greatest and biggest cities what would interest you the most...shopping? Museums? Monuments? Historic buildings?.........Pubs?? biggrin cool wink

Pubs would be very nice, haha -- any you recommend?
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Timmer wrote
    LSH wrote
    Timmer wrote

This is correct. smile

Yup. sad
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    LSH wrote
    Timmer wrote
    LSH wrote
    Timmer wrote

This is correct. smile

Yup. sad

The excitement of being back wears off very quick slant
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    David wrote
    Timmer wrote

Pubs would be very nice, haha -- any you recommend?

Quite a few but they are all outside of central London, not really feasable given the time frame. I'd suggest one thing you'd really want to see / do from a touristy angle.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote
    Bregt wrote
    Steven wrote
    Britisch!?
    Shit, when did we get invaded by the Germans?

Btw, Scotts are British. So, um.. yeah, you're right

But all European Union-ish members too right?

Yeah, you Europeans are all pretty much the same.
    Can't tell one from t'other in all honesty.

In the Union
    We will do just as we please
    In the Union
    we'll bring the US to its knees
    In the Union
    so many citizens to fleece
    In the Union, in the Union

Even those from overseas
    In the Union
    it's all-in for MEPs
    In the Union
    we'll subsidize all milk and cheese
    In the Union
    we'll tax sausages and peas
    In the Union, in the Union, in the Union (in the Union)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ^
    Always figured you were a Village People fan.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2009 edited
    Your Message Confounds Accuracy. angry
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2009 edited
    They want you they want you they want You as a new recruit.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2009
    Hey D, how was your holiday? wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    See the "LOST MEMBERS' thread mate kiss beer punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Will do.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2009 edited
    I've just booked a one-week trip to Turkey next week (with the same friend I went to Thailand & Cambodia with earlier this year). Should be a nice. Anyone have any recommendations of things to see or visit? We're going to the touristified Alanya, but intend to explore other parts of the region by rental car etc.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2009
    Be very careful on the streets of Turkey.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2009
    Christodoulides wrote
    Be very careful on the streets of Turkey.

Oh? Crazy drivers?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2009
    They have horrific accidents, and a very poor safety record overall. If you go to liveleak and youtube, their accident videos (amidst other things as killings and fights in the streets) are very popular and all over the place, even more than asian videos of the kind.
  1. Talking about world travels, if someone has the chance to visit Buenos Aires, Argentina, please feel free to drop me a line so we can meet here, I'd be more pleased to be with you. Once a friend from Brazil visited Argentina and we had great soundtrack talks and also visited some used cd stores lick

Well, you know what to do... wink
    so many scores... and not enough time... | http://soundtracklist.net
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2009
    It's a big country Luis. I really want to visit South America again and Argentina is very high on that list ( Patagonia in particular ), when I go I promise I'll call you but it could be some time away yet due to my money situation.