• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2011
    Anything is too much monies for me now it seems. Will have to wait smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2011 edited
    We will meet D! I won't marry until I meet you, your fiancée and Stavi! I have often tried to convince my friends to go to Greece, but so far that hasn't worked out though.

Timmer wrote
    Iceland is in my plans too, maybe even this year but damn it's bloody expensive.

Awesome. Timmer travelling again!

Having an MT meeting on Iceland was always a dream! (And if I would win a lottery, I'd organise the first film music festival on a volcano!).
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Mt Etna? biggrin cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    When I went to Reunion ( see profile pic ) I missed an awesome display of fireworks from the big volcano there by a Month slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Preferable one that is active indeed! I will invite Thomas Newman, who will compose an atmospheric rhythmic piece with volcano sounds, while John Powell will use lava as an instrument.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bregt wrote
    We will meet D! I won't marry until I meet you, your fiancée and Stavi! I have often tried to convince my friends to go to Greece, but so far that hasn't worked out though.

Timmer wrote
    Iceland is in my plans too, maybe even this year but damn it's bloody expensive.

Awesome. Timmer travelling again!

Having an MT meeting on Iceland was always a dream! (And if I would win a lottery, I'd organise the first film music festival on a volcano!).

I know of one particular forum guy, who doesn't need any convincing travelling to Greece!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    He'd get there a lot quicker if he ditched the clogs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2011 edited
    Yeap, so we've settled on Portugal/Spain.

There are a few incentives. My travelling companion has some family and friends in Porto who he hasn't met up with in a while and I'm starting to think seriously about attending the festival in Ubeda, Spain since the timing of it is excellent to stick on to the beginning of our trip.

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2011 edited
    LSH wrote
    Yeap, so we've settled on Portugal/Spain.

There are a few incentives. My travelling companion has some family and friends in Porto who he hasn't met up with in a while and I'm starting to think seriously about attending the festival in Ubeda, Spain since the timing of it is excellent to stick on to the beginning of our trip.

cool

Not a bad idea. I did the same thing in April last year, when the Morricone concert just happened to coincide with a London trip of mine. Great combo, meeting up with maintitlers as well.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2011 edited
    Yesterday I returned from a little trip to Luxembourg. We saw some impressive castles, rivers, didn't understand their weird language, had splendid weather, had a sunny BBQ, did a fairly hilly walk and ended up in the capital with lots of rain.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2011
    Bregt wrote
    Yesterday I returned from a little trip to Luxembourg. We saw some impressive castles, rivers, didn't understand their weird language, had splendid weather, had a sunny BBQ, did a fairly hilly walk and ended up in the capital with lots of rain.

You and your BBQs.

Luxembourg is on my to-see list, but not at the top of the European destinations, I must admit.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2011
    Bregt wrote

It's very scenic, I spent a day there once.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2011
    Sorry for posting this again, I posted it in World Events, and by all means, it is not.

Just booked the tickets for Iceland. Three weeks in September. No boat though, as that was just too damn expensive, unfortunately. I'd loved to have visited Faroer.

Together with the little road trip through central Spain (right after Ubeda), it's going to be a good year again!
    Kazoo
  1. I have so many plans when I am earning again on a regular basis!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2011 edited
    smile You should! Although you have been to Scotland several times, went to Madrid and had some trips through work, so I think you've had quite a nice range of holidays?

I spent way quite a bit of money on travel (though I do not spent much money on other things, but even then). I also have no calculations this year whatsoever. Still living at home is a luxury that does result in an bad habit.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2011
    Bregt wrote
    Sorry for posting this again, I posted it in World Events, and by all means, it is not.

Just booked the tickets for Iceland. Three weeks in September. No boat though, as that was just too damn expensive, unfortunately. I'd loved to have visited Faroer.

Together with the little road trip through central Spain (right after Ubeda), it's going to be a good year again!

Totally envious! I've never been to our fellow Nordic neighbour Iceland, but I've always wanted to. With three weeks at your disposal, you're bound to cover the country pretty well.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2011
    Bregt wrote
    omaha wrote
    Southall wrote
    Bregt wrote
    I also heard the war museum in Caen is very good, but we couldn't make it anymore.

I can confirm that it is.

That would be really fun! How far would Caen be from Paris?

This is the museum:
    http://www.memorial-caen.fr/portailgb/

According to Google Maps, it's about 200km, which is a 2,5 hour drive. By train it'll take you 2 hours and a taxi or bus. Here are some directions:
    Le Memorial at Caen is approximately a 15 minute drive from Caen Railway Station. Taxis available at the station. The train journey from Paris Saint-Lazare station to Caen takes around 2 hours and trains run every 2 hours or so. By car from Paris, take the A13 motorway and the museum is in the north of Caen just north of exit 6 of the N814.

Thanks! I'll research it!
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2011
    Bregt wrote

Iceland? That's cool and september shouldn't be too cool. smile How are you? Sorry that I've been really out of the loop. I just checked messages that were there since last september. : shame: We will be traveling sometime in June again but not sure where yet. It will be in North America. Ubeda should be fun. I'll check who is going to be there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2011
    Hey Martin, welcome back! How is everything?

Where will it be in North America?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2011 edited
    Just booked the flights for our trip to Portugal this Summer. Really fucking looking forward to getting away at last!

Just gotta start saving money now. slant

smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2011 edited
    punk

Money will be ok. smile

Will you now able to pass by Ubeda?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2011
    Unfortunately not anymore. We're going in late August till mid-September - for just over three weeks.

We were originally going in late July so we could swing by Ubeda but sadly we both have other commitments around that time.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2011
    It's enough to make you giddy...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-13274947
  2. Timmer wrote
    It's enough to make you giddy...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-13274947

I know! I watched this earlier. I wouldn't cross it completed let alone actually try and fix it. Who cares about having a great view at work!!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2011
    Bregt wrote
    Hey Martin, welcome back! How is everything?

Where will it be in North America?

All is dandy. We will be exploring the Yosemite park in California and along the coast to Big Sur, San Francisco, Muir woods and Napa valley. I read an article on iceland the other day and i think I kept it. there was some good tips in there. Cheers Bregt.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Hiya Martin wave

Yosemite, Muir, Napa..... :sigh: Have a great time, I just know you will! punk
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    Hi Tim,

Thanks. You have been to Yosemite? How was it? If you have any tips, it will be appreciated.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'm tired and off to bed, drop in here tomorrow and I'll tell you all I've got smile beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2011 edited
    http://www.frozenimage.net/images/Ama%2 … _thumb.jpg

I've been across this bridge on four seperate occasions, yes, it is as dodgy as it looks.

p.s. On one occasion while crossing that bridge I saw someone I never even spoke to but I still remember him, but then, it's not often you see someone who's an exact double of Marty Feldman. dizzy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2011
    I found this pic on the net...

http://www.wideview.it/travel/Nepal_2005/Big/326.jpg

This is the (in)famous Cho-La Pass where I jumped the Crevasse, I couldn't find a pic of the crevasse itself.

One day ( I promise Bregt ) I will get my slides on to CD so I can up-load them.