• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2017
    Scotland is on my to-visit list...and has been for decades!
    I should really get to it soon before I'm too decrepit to properly hike around and enjoy it!

Sounds like a brilliant weekend, Thor. Any photos? (of the venue, I mean. I gather everything else would just look like selfies with filled mugs and glasses... wink )
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I didn't take a lot of pics. Here's a stock photo of the venue (the antler ball room), at least:

http://donnamurrayphotography.com/wp-co … phy-39.jpg

And a video of the area:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cryK5cPwy2o
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2017 edited
    Thor wrote
    On to a brilliant 3-course dinner inside the huge hall, followed by live bands and dancing -- both traditional folk music...

So you had a taste of a ceilidh? A bit of a Dashing White Sergeant or a Gay Gordons?

I've not been to that part of Scotland - Royal Deeside. Glad you had a good experience.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Thor wrote
    On to a brilliant 3-course dinner inside the huge hall, followed by live bands and dancing -- both traditional folk music...

So you had a taste of a ceilidh? A bit of a Dashing White Sergeant or a Gay Gordons?

Could be....if I had any idea what that was. We were dancing in circles, in groups, and then exchanging people along the way.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Thor wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Thor wrote

Could be....if I had any idea what that was. We were dancing in circles, in groups, and then exchanging people along the way.

The Dashing White Sergeant - https://youtu.be/Wm_5l_bs-6Y

The Gay Gordons - https://youtu.be/DAP8swdy8qA

And one I forgot...Strip The Willow - https://youtu.be/vboU2A59POs

Ah, takes me back to the few weeks before the school Christmas party when P.E. would be scrapped in favour of reminder lessons of the dance moves for the party - which was, like your wedding reception, was a mix of Scottish country dancing and disco.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2017
    Glad you had a great time Thor. I love Scotland. ( and I still haven't put my recent pics up on FB )
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2017 edited
    Arrived on Fur yesterday (most of you should know my Danish island paradise by now, especially Bregt who's actually been here!), and enjoying life immensely with my mom, dad, sister and 2 1/2 year old niese. Plenty of beers already, and looking forward to a week of biking, more beers, hiking and eating.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2017
    punk

Beautiful place.

If it is ever possible, we'd love to come back, perhaps part of a longer trip then, and after the renovations.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2017
    Absolutely!

I've gotten FOUR ticks already! Three of them, I managed to brush off before they took a bite; the fourth took a bite in my crotch. I removed it with my fingers, but now I have to monitor the development.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2017
    Bregt, I found the score card from our minigolf session (with your hole-in-one) inside our guest book. Should I keep it or throw it away?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Thor wrote
    I've gotten FOUR ticks already! Three of them, I managed to brush off before they took a bite; the fourth took a bite in my crotch. I removed it with my fingers, but now I have to monitor the development.

Been frolicking naked through the woods again, have you, Thor?
    God. Norwegians.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Thor wrote
    Bregt, I found the score card from our minigolf session (with your hole-in-one) inside our guest book. Should I keep it or throw it away?

Ha! Keep it there yes, and when we come back we will take it with us. smile

Greetings to everyone there. Slightly envious.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Martijn wrote
    Thor wrote

Been frolicking naked through the woods again, have you, Thor?
    God. Norwegians.

I love frolicking!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Bregt wrote
    Thor wrote

Ha! Keep it there yes, and when we come back we will take it with us. smile

Greetings to everyone there. Slightly envious.

OK, will do.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2017
    Man I am itchier than ever. I'm busy putting a plan together right now because I've got to get going, I fancy at least a couple of months. After dipping my toes in a few minor travels that have been mostly "local" such as Cornwall, Northern Ireland, Scotland and a too brief journey to Iceland it's time for something bigger and I am HUNGRY! lick
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Good to hear, Timmer! I know the 'travel bug' has always been in you, even in periods of "downtime".

I haven't really done a long-distance travel since Morocco two years ago, and I'm itching for another one too . Alas, there are circumstances that prevent me from doing more than long-weekend-type holidays at the moment.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Indeed Thor smile

My plans need some good working out as I'm doing it all independently and will be travelling by myself. I'll give an update on my destinations when I've confirmed that it's all logistically possible.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2017
    come to America Tim and we'll have a great time in Minnesota
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2017
    I'm sure we would Tom but my plans lie in the East smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2017
    Timmer wrote

Belgium? biggrin

Anyway, that's cool! Keep us updated.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2017
    Bregt wrote
    Timmer wrote

Belgium? biggrin

Hah! biggrin

I was thinking of hiking the entire country of Luxemburg. Not sure what I'd do with the rest of the day though?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2017
    Bought my flight ticket. Returning to Nepal for some serious hiking then up over the Himalaya to Llasa, across China and down into Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia and finally Thailand where I fly home from after 4 months.

Can't fooking wait. punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    That's a spectacular holiday. Are you working out in preparation of the physical toll?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yes, I'm off to the pub tonight wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Srsly? I'm doing a lot of cycling but I'll need to get out and about in the countryside doing plenty of walking.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2017
    Timmer wrote
    Bought my flight ticket. Returning to Nepal for some serious hiking then up over the Himalaya to Llasa, across China and down into Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia and finally Thailand where I fly home from after 4 months.

Can't fooking wait. punk

shocked spin punk

I admire your sense of adventure! Slightly envious of your spirit.
    Kazoo
  2. Good thing your employer agreed too such an extended leave.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2017 edited
    And the money required! I don't think I'll ever afford a holiday like that. But I can dream. Meanwhile, I'll have to live vicariously through Timmer, come November.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2017 edited
    On my way to Berlin. After a year for sitting at home, these few days feel practically like a full-on vacation.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2017
    You're going to help Merkel form a government, or tell her how it worked out so far in The Netherlands? wink

Have a good trip!
    Kazoo