• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2009
    I have a terrible hangover today, as I went to bed 6 in the morning after a night of mixing white wine, beer and licor. Not good.

Anyways, what are some of your hangover habits? What are some of the things you MUST have or do the day after? Do you have any tips for the rest of us drunkenbolts to get back to normal as quickly as possible?

When I finally awaken, I usually move from the bed to the sofa. After looking dazingly at the TV for a while (usual some kind of sport) while drinking water and hopefully some potatoe chips (I MUST have salt!), I get up to take a long shower. The important thing here is to FIRST splash some icecold water in the face. Then I eat an easy breakfast (two slices of bread) before brushing my teeth thouroughly. Depending on how bad the hangover is, I am then ready to face the world and get a few minutes of sunlight before it turns dark again.

For dinner, I need something salty again. Junk food is ideal, or some kind of MEAT. Veggies or fish, no thank you!

People often talk about some measures you can take at the end of a night out, such as getting something to eat (kebab?) and drinking lots of water before you go to bed. However, I've never really noticed that much difference.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    The Hangover Thread?

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII LIKE IT! cool beer

Once you have an arse kicking hangover there's not much to do except wallow in self-inflicted self pity and wait it out. I find that herbal, fruity teas seem to make me feel better and as soon as my stomach can handle food then it's got to be a traditional English fry up lick
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2009 edited
    I too always drink at least half a liter/one liter water before I go to bed.

Never had any hangovers the day after.

But then, I don't drink as much as you guys. You're all mad! Not my goal either, I just want to be pleasantly drunk.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    I too always drink at least half a liter/one liter water before I go to bed.

Never had any hangovers the day after.

I'm sure a night on the tiles with me n' Thor could change that! devil wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2009 edited
    I am drunk. Just came home from a huge party....basically it was just me and my gf at the beginning, at the usual bar we hang out which is a very nice place with good, loud music. But next thing you know is we are mixed with a huge company of crazed, dancing people, lots of free drinks and alcohol flying around in our mouths, shirts, everywhere. It was great fun time but now i am dizzy. Very, very dizzy. And my g/f has almost passed out on the couch, have to dress her up for bed now! kiss kiss
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2009
    I've just gotten over a cigar hangover (if you can count that?).
    I had a big fat Romeo & Julietta that I smoked way too fast and felt very ill for a day and a half!
    I was also drinking a couple of scotches too which wouldn't have helped!
    Every week I have a cigar or two but now just the thought of it.............. vomit
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    I am drunk. Just came home from a huge party....basically it was just me and my gb at the beginning, at the usual bar we hang out which is a very nice place with good, loud music. But next thing you know is we are mixed with a huge company of crazed, dancing people, lots of free drinks and alcohol flying around in our mouths, shirts, everywhere. It was great fun time but now i am dizzy. Very, very dizzy. And my g/f has almost passed out on the couch, have to dress her up for bed now! kiss kiss

dizzy

Sounds excellent D punk

I look forward to hearing you're state of mind later this Sunday biggrin spin beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Tim, my friend. I am surprisingly perfectly ok. Must be the huge amounts of water i consumed inbetween the drinks, thus the infinite visits to the toilet since!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Tim, my friend. I am surprisingly perfectly ok. Must be the huge amounts of water i consumed inbetween the drinks, thus the infinite visits to the toilet since!

biggrin beer

Personally I feel a bit sideways today dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    What did you do last night?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    There isn't one person here who doesn't know the answer to the hangover cure. I find it amusing in a way at all of the things we try. Would we go to this extreme if we had strawberries dipped in chocolate the night before. Somehow I think we'd just avoid and there would be no problem.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    On a more serious note the body processes the amount of alcohol at a fixed amount, an ounce per hour. Drinking water doesn't dilute the effect nor do particular foods. A two ounce shot of 100 proof whiskey has the same effect as a 12 ounce cocktail with 2 ounces of whiskey. The difference would be time ie if you took two hours to drink the 12 oz cocktail and just drank the shot straight down. If you took 15 minutes for the 12 oz cocktail and 2 minutes for the shot the effect is the same.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote

same old same old beer wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    he'll never change
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

punk beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

punk beer

And tonight as well. I won't drink much but I'll be playing in a ( what seems for the moment, regular ) pool contest.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Friday AND Saturday AND Sunday!?!?! Man, what has Mel to say about this? shocked smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Friday AND Saturday AND Sunday!?!?! Man, what has Mel to say about this? shocked smile

We don't like to cramp each others style, Mel visited friends on Friday but did come out with me last night. As for tonight she just wants her own space and that suits me fine cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I smell one of these around the corner biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    I smell one of these around the corner biggrin

shocked biggrin

Not at all, we have a very equal relationship. Next week I'll be by myself for two weeks as Mel is going to Berlin to stay with her Dad.

Party time!!! punk fireworks champagne drink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    HAHAHA sweet! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    How do you call those them btw? "Πλάστης" is we call 'em.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    How do you call those them btw? "Πλάστης" is we call 'em.

Eh? Wahhh? dizzy confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    These

http://www.tallos.gr/products/08771.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2009 edited
    I had a hangover from tsipouro yesterday. Couple it with smoking which I haven't done for a long time and with a bit of a bad mood and I was completely wasted.
    By the way D. πλάστης = rolling pin. kiss
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well thanks! I never want to see such a thing in front of me! shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Christodoulides wrote
    Well thanks! I never want to see such a thing in front of me! shocked

lol
    Αμα εισαι καλο παιδι δεν νομιζω να δεις! wink
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    That's what YOU say. I contend differently.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2009
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

punk beer

And tonight as well. I won't drink much but I'll be playing in a ( what seems for the moment, regular ) pool contest.

Which I won! punk cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2009
    Thor wrote
    Do you have any tips for the rest of us drunkenbolts to get back to normal as quickly as possible?

The answer to this is just too obvious, isn't it... rolleyes
    I can't believe people go through so much effort to feel sick!

In my family I am a drinker, but I really really enjoy it the most when it's not overdone. I don't understand what is fun about feeling sick, feeling thirsty, losing your memory and do things you regret.