• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. I'm not sure whether anyone can help but here goes...

I'm looking for a track entitled "Rite De La Terre-Earth" which was composed by Edouard (Edward) Michael. I think that it was composed for the de Wolfe music library and it has been featured in the Kung Fu movie Avenging Eagle.

It had recently been included on the CD entitled "Kung Fu Super Sounds".

Cheers!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2009
    Not sure if this is the proper thread but since the title was generic I thought it would fit.

I'd like to get a cd from Amazon UK but the seller will not ship to the US. Would anyone be willing to receive the cd for me and then ship it later (will paypal the shipping costs)?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Does he ship to Europe?
    If so, drop me a PM with the details.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Martijn wrote
    Does he ship to Europe?

No. Only within UK. But thanks anyways.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    BhelPuri wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Does he ship to Europe?

No. Only within UK. But thanks anyways.

PM me.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2009
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2009
    BhelPuri wrote
    Thanks Tim! http://thediametrixletter.com/urdman.gif

No problemo smile beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2014
    I couldn't think where else to ask this.

And I'm passing this thread to my wife Melanie to ask the following....

Hi everyone, I need your advice on the following please:
    We would like to do 2 things;
    1. Buy a new flat screen 40"TV, under £500, which has HD, surround sound/sound bar. We would ike to watch films, view our photos and videos, link up to youtube and a new TV package, which is our 2nd requirement;
    2. We are currently on BT broadband with phone, with freeview box (have been with BT for years, but think the contract got renewed when we moved Feb 2013.)
    We would like to upgrade this to include a TV package with entertainment, latest films and TV series, plus TV on demand. Do we stay with BT, and what could we get? Or do we change provider, and if so, who do we go with and what will we gain?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2014 edited
    It's probably a question best posed to our fellow UK members (as I'm not even sure what BT is), but as for the TV, I recommend either a cheaper Samsung model (which seems to perform most of those functions) or a Philips, which is generally cheaper than Samsung anyway, so you might get more for the buck in terms of functions.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    Timmer,

On the subject of televisions, Panasonic are great. This model looks decent and can be found for around £400.

I loathe soundbars so will refrain from commenting on those. smile

In terms of broadband, I have been using Plus Net for the last fourteen years and have had no major problems. If you want TV and broadband in the same package you would probably have to go for Sky or Virgin Media. If you're in a Virgin cabled area that's the best option.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    You can't really go wrong with most LED TVs with that sort of budget, I would imagine. TV prices have come down considerably in recent years. You don't need to fork out lots for a "smart" TV in case you were thinking of going down that route, they're a waste of money (unless you're looking for a much larger 3D TV, in which case a smart TV is generally the only option available). If you want to play YouTube videos, get yourself a chromecast and you can control it from your phone, tablet or computer - which is far easier than using a remote controller to search for videos. Also, most new TVs come with USB compatibility, so photos and movies are easy to view. (They even work with MKVs these days, which wasn't always the case.)

Also, some of the newer LG TVs don't have an analogue stereo output, which is slightly annoying if you just want to plug in your headphones (I have one, and it has an optical output, meaning I had to buy a bloody optical to analogue converter so I can use my headphones with it!).
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thank you guys, this has been very helpful.
  2. A few days ago I bought a 32'' Sony Bravia for 400€ and I am very pleased with it.
    Give my compliments to Melanie. smile

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    At that price, I'm guessing it's a 'smart' TV?
  3. It is indeed.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Phew. I was going to say, €400 for a 'regular' 32" would be a bit excessive!

I'm thinking about getting a 55" 3D TV. To watch Godzilla every day on.