• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Harry worked with Stanley Myers too.

Rupert may be a protege of his brother biggrin

Regarding MV: Djawadi is rather a Badelt protege than Zimmer's
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  2. Djawadi is the best composer born in the same city as me. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2009
    Did Justin just make most of this up, or did he copy it from someone else who made it up? Mark Mancina a protege of John Williams? David Arnold a protege of John Williams? Elmer Bernstein a protege of Aaron Copland? Are we using "protege" in the sense of "may have met them once, and occasionally sound a bit like them"?
  3. Those two Williams ones were Google results, which are probably DICK.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  4. RZA

Known for spurattice useless scores and having a score rejected almost every year.

PROTEGE OF: CRAP

tongue
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2009
    Nico Muhly is a protege of Philip Glass
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2009
    Korngold was a protege of Wagner
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    And WAGNER was a protege of God.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    sdtom wrote
    Korngold was a protege of Wagner

Only in style, not in real life.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I am a protégé of everyone I have listened to.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2009 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    And WAGNER was a protege of God.

Wagner studied under Vaughan Williams!?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    No, Ceiling cat himself.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthormarkrayen
    According to this thread it seems it doesn't take much to make someone a protege. I read somewhere that a young Thomas Newman was given the task of orchestrating Darth Vader's death scene in Return of the Jedi, as a kind of exersize for the inexperienced composer (Perhaps it was uncle Lionel that pulled some strings?). I guess that makes him a protoge too according to this thread, even though he probably never even met Williams in that process.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2009
    markrayen wrote
    According to this thread it seems it doesn't take much to make someone a protege. I read somewhere that a young Thomas Newman was given the task of orchestrating Darth Vader's death scene in Return of the Jedi, as a kind of exersize for the inexperienced composer (Perhaps it was uncle Lionel that pulled some strings?). I guess that makes him a protoge too according to this thread, even though he probably never even met Williams in that process.

Considering the family pedigree it's not improbable at all that a young T. Newman met Williams.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2009
    Steiner did study from Strauss
  5. I once met a protege of Marc Shaiman who briefly posted over at the MMUK forum....What was his name again? smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2009
    I don't remember his name either
  6. Consider yourself lucky.