• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2009
    Hey guys ...

Dunno if this has been discussed before but I'm wondering how you all keep track of your OST collection ? Do you make a list in Excel or is there any decent software available for keeping track of your CD collection ? I use DVD Profiler for my DVDs and I'm happy with it , so is there something similar for organising your CDs ? THX for any hints or tips ... wink
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I use iTunes.
  1. I use my eyeballs.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    justin boggan wrote
    I use my eyeballs.

This is the most sensible thing you've EVER said. I do the same.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Eric wrote
    Hey guys ...

Dunno if this has been discussed before but I'm wondering how you all keep track of your OST collection ? Do you make a list in Excel or is there any decent software available for keeping track of your CD collection ? I use DVD Profiler for my DVDs and I'm happy with it , so is there something similar for organising your CDs ? THX for any hints or tips ... wink

I'm a huge fan of OrangeCD, which I've been using for a couple of years now. It's cheap, intuitive and very customisable.

The main reason I started with a database was for insurance purposes, believe it or not... slant , but it's also a great way of showing off your collection on the web (there are several export functions). cool
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Soundtrack Collector
    http://www.soundtrackcollector.com/index.php
    You can put your collection up.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Some good suggestions here , THX ... except for the eyeballs thingy ... shocked
    You can't make an OST list from that ... biggrin
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
  2. Martijn wrote
    Eric wrote
    Hey guys ...

I'm a huge fan of OrangeCD, which I've been using for a couple of years now. It's cheap, intuitive and very customisable.

The main reason I started with a database was for insurance purposes, believe it or not... slant , but it's also a great way of showing off your collection on the web (there are several export functions). cool

I'm also a big fan of OrangeCD. A great resource.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2009
    Really? first time i hear about it! How does it work exactly? Can you also play the audio files or is it just a cataloging software?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  3. Christodoulides wrote
    Really? first time i hear about it! How does it work exactly? Can you also play the audio files or is it just a cataloging software?

It can also play the audio files.

I usually populate the database by scanning ripped tracks. And if these tracks are left in the same folders then they can be played via WMP. But I tend to transfer the files to another hard disk after ripping and so have to manually redirect the path to the new location.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  4. Southall wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    I use my eyeballs.

Come now, when I said Tyler Bates was givng us more shit, or that "Iron Man" was a big steaming pile of ferret bile, weren't those spot on?
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    justin boggan wrote
    Southall wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    I use my eyeballs.

Come now, when I said Tyler Bates was givng us more shit, or that "Iron Man" was a big steaming pile of ferret bile, weren't those spot on?

Of course, but I didn't say it was the ONLY sensible thing you've ever said, despite what others may think. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    I used to catalog everything with Collectorz.com Music Collector (and Movie Collector), but I've lost all my cover images when I had to format my pc. Just didn't feel like adding all the cd's again. slant
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2009
    check out soundtrack collector which is fairly easy to do
    listen to more classical music!
  5. Martijn wrote
    Eric wrote
    Hey guys ...

I am still using OrangeCD as my database of choice for all my soundtracks. Recently though it was getting a bit bloated with the 4600+ records in the database. And this amounted to a database size of over 150MB. This meant that the program was taking ages to load and then taking ages to go from place to place within the program. I'd assumed that it was the large number of entries in the database.

But it seems that the slowness is down mostly to how the artwork is stored. So for anyone using OrangeCD and finding things are a bit slow here's something to try to speed things up:

1. Choose "View" from the menu along the top
    2. Select "Preferences"
    3. Go to the "Imaging" tab
    4. Check the box "Store covers in external files if size exceeds"
    5. Add "0" in the KB size box next to the box
    6. Uncheck the box "Store thumbnails in the database"
    7. Press OK
    8. On the prompt that says "Database must be compacted once..." press "Yes"

Having done this myself the performance of OrangeCD has improved drastically - and my database size is now reduced from 150MB to just 18MB. Nothing looks to have changed visually in the database. I assume that all the covers and thumbnails are now linked to a file separate from the database itself (though I have yet to find that file and where it is located).