• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2009
    plindboe wrote
    Thor wrote
    Speaking of big cats, have you guys seen this touching video?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btuxO-C2 … ature=fvst

Very touching indeed. Got tears in my eyes. I'm such a softie.

Peter wave

You know, generally I'm dead set against the anthropomorfism of animals.
    Animals are not human, and they react completely differently from what we think (or would like to think).

But there's no way I can interpret this footage as anything but the most genuine affection from Christian.
    To see such a huge, powerful animal be so deliriously happy and gentle is very touching indeed.

I love the way Christian's mate joins the fun and can't really decide whether these weird two-footers are competition, part of the pride or dinner! applause
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2009
    Martijn wrote
    You know, generally I'm dead set against the anthropomorfism of animals.

Oh, I definitely agree. That said, I did't find any gross violations in this video (the wife thing seemed tongue-in-cheek).

I do think however that a feeling as love, or at least related feelings, can be found in other social mammals. So I wouldn't call it anthropomorphic to attribute such feelings to animals, rather I'd call in anthropocentric that we even describe such feelings as exclusively human to begin with.

Animals are not automatons after all, their behaviours are determined, like ours, primarily by a complex of feelings and thoughts. Due to our shared evolutionary past (as mammals) and shared survival techniques (as social animals) we should not be surprised to find certain traits shared (as social mammals), even when it comes to feelings and thoughts.

Martijn wrote
    But there's no way I can interpret this footage as anything but the most genuine affection from Christian.
    To see such a huge, powerful animal be so deliriously happy and gentle is very touching indeed.

I love the way Christian's mate joins the fun and can't really decide whether these weird two-footers are competition, part of the pride or dinner! applause

Indeed.

Peter applause
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2009
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ^
    shocked I just clicked here to post this very story!!

That story put a smile on my face biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Buscat rules!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Martijn wrote
    Buscat rules!

Sweet lord almighty, those pictures are less than half a mile from the house where I grew up!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    And yet this nostalgic tour of Melancholy Inc. was brought to you *free* of charge.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    "Those men have a deposit on that meat."
    "A monetary deposit?"
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Impressive. I wonder if the cat has to work during weekends as well.
    James, can you check?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2009
    Catbus rules!
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2009
    Who says cats don't swim?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLOLWY9R … r_embedded

smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Christodoulides wrote

smile

cats are cool punk
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2009 edited
    Christodoulides wrote

smile

That's one of them thar catfish billy bob.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2009
    The Cat's Diary

Day 983 of My Captivity

My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength.

The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet. Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates my capabilities. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a "good little hunter" I am. Bastards!

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of "allergies." I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage.

Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow, but at the top of the stairs.

I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released, and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded. The bird must be an informant. I observe him communicate with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe. For now ...

biggrin

Taken from this page:
    http://www.goodeatsfanpage.com/Humor/ot … _diary.htm
  2. lol
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    Who said that cats and dogs couldn't get along?!

My dog and a visiting cat:

http://imgur.com/EztYJ.jpg

aaaaaatchoo... gesundheit
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Tintin wrote
    The Cat's Diary

Day 983 of My Captivity

My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength.

The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet. Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates my capabilities. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a "good little hunter" I am. Bastards!

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of "allergies." I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage.

Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow, but at the top of the stairs.

I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released, and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded. The bird must be an informant. I observe him communicate with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe. For now ...

biggrin

Taken from this page:
    http://www.goodeatsfanpage.com/Humor/ot … _diary.htm

Spot on! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Hahah, nice! Reminds me a bit of Stewie from Family guy to be honest wink Especially funnier in contrast to Dog's diary!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2009 edited
    Tintin wrote
    The Cat's Diary

Anyone else mentally hear The Great Escape theme playing in the background? biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Tintin wrote
    Who said that cats and dogs couldn't get along?!

My dog and a visiting cat:

http://imgur.com/EztYJ.jpg

aaaaaatchoo... gesundheit

I love the "I'm am not amused" face on the cat. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Hmmm...to me it rather looks like "one wrong move. Just one...".
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    And the dog is pleading....do I really have to share My couch with a cat? sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    applause
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    Timmer wrote

Actually, my dog wants to play with the visiting cat all the time but unfortunately, the cat doesn't want to. he loves it when Nicolas comes here, once a year when our friends are on vacation.
    The cat tolerates him and they often do "noses". I came back from work one day and saw that they were sitting like that on the same couch so I "had" to take a picture.

Anyone knows how to upload a video? I have a little one to share...
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    Martijn wrote
    Hmmm...to me it rather looks like "one wrong move. Just one...".

That is usually Nicolas' feeling. He tolerates but doesn't want the dog to move too much.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Tintin wrote
    Timmer wrote

Actually, my dog wants to play with the visiting cat all the time but unfortunately, the cat doesn't want to. he loves it when Nicolas comes here, once a year when our friends are on vacation.
    The cat tolerates him and they often do "noses". I came back from work one day and saw that they were sitting like that on the same couch so I "had" to take a picture.

Anyone knows how to upload a video? I have a little one to share...

rapidshare? megaupload? yousendit?
  3. Okay, as someone who is more of a dog person, this little clip has enough of an adorableness quality to make me a cat person for life. beer

Can a kitten possibly be any cuter?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2009
    Here is a little video I have done with our visiting cat last october:

http://rapidshare.com/files/325990864/IMG_0000.mp4.html
  4. DreamTheater wrote
    Okay, as someone who is more of a dog person, this little clip has enough of an adorableness quality to make me a cat person for life. beer

Can a kitten possibly be any cuter?

haha, ssssssssssoooooooooooooooo cute cheesy
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  5. Fucked up just enough...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4PR9NZlAB4
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.