• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2017
    My lovely cat Gomez. I'm gutted to say I don't think he has long left sad
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2017 edited
    Sorry to hear it, Timmer. But from what you've described, he seems to have lived an unusually long life? (and of course, may hopefully still continue for a while). I remember you talking about him in the early days of FSM, even.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote

Oh man. sad

I was convinced there was a painting of Gomez ageing somewhere.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    biggrin sad

It really isn't looking good. He's gone down really fast the last few days, he's not eating and he can barely stand up. Trip to vet today.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Sorry to hear that, mate.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    21 is a long time to get to love your household member.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I can't have pets or I would get one. What I do have is a small forest behind the apartment which has deer, rabbits, and 50 different kinds of birds including ducks because there is also a pond. Fish?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote

Oh gosh. sad
    21 (very) roughly corresponds to 104 in human years. Bloody amazing

But yeah, I *did* kinda expect him to shrug and have a go at another 21.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I see on Facebook that Gomez was put down today, Timmer. Again -- condolences. I've never owned a pet in my life (unless you count aquarium fish, which I had for a year or two in the 80s), but I've heard the attachment that many of my friends had to their pets, so I can fully sympathize.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Very sad to hear.I lost my 15 year old cat this year, she died at home out of old age and was horrible to go through, really looking a member of the family. can't even imagine how much more difficult it must be after 21 years!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    beer To Gomez.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Other than the old age, was it because of the hit? or he wasn't well since long ago?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote
    beer To Gomez.

yeah
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Awww thanks guys hug beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Demetris wrote
    Very sad to hear.I lost my 15 year old cat this year, she died at home out of old age and was horrible to go through, really looking a member of the family. can't even imagine how much more difficult it must be after 21 years!

I'm sorry to hear that D, these furry little critters are family indeed.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Demetris wrote
    Other than the old age, was it because of the hit? or he wasn't well since long ago?

Nothing to do with stuff crashing on top of him but it showed a symptom of his back legs going that he couldn't make a small jump. He was okay all week though he wasn't eating as much and was sleeping in the cupboard under the stairs rather than his usual sleeping next to me but went downhill so fast over the last 24 hours, he could barely stand up, wasn't eating or drinking. The vet said his liver was enlarged and he was seriously dehydrated and would probably have only hours left, she also said it was nothing uncommon for a cat of his advanced age to fade that quickly. I cuddled and stroked him as he was put to sleep, he looked so peaceful.

Last night he struggled onto the couch next to me and cuddled up for about an hour, his purr was so much weaker than it usually was, I think he was saying goodbye.

gods I'll miss him sad
  2. I'm so sorry, Timmer.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  3. cry I'm sorry too, Tim.
    I only once had a dog, called Asterix, when I was a teenager. He had to be put to sleep too eventually.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Horrible thing to loose long-time pets. They really are family. God i even connect more with pets than i do with certain people. So i feel you 100% really my thoughts are with you. Get a new pet soon, to channel your love and energy to it and honor Gomez.
  4. Sorry to hear that, Timmer. 21 years is really great going for a cat though, even if that's probably not much of a comfort right now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2017
    Timmer go out and get another one. 21 years is a long time for a cat. I was told that 18 was a long time for mine. Lot's of cats need a good home my friend.
  5. I'm more of a dog person myself but whenever one goes, it's as devastating as losing a family member. It certainly was with our previous dog, that had a vicious tumor and was too young to be put down (not even 10 years). I was a wreck the day that happened, and the days after her abscence was surely felt. sad

R.I.P. Gomez.
    All the best Tim.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2017
    Again thank you all. His absence is acutely felt and I am still heartbroken by his loss.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2017
    yes, a house is never the same without the ol' beloved cat around. Felt it too this year. Plans to get another one? we had 4, now minus 1 and i'd never imagine my life without cats.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    hope he gets another one
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I am in no rush to get another one. I'll think long and hard about that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2017 edited
    Oh yes, take your time. In my experience with our dogs, after a dog would pass away, the first time you don't want to think about having a new one. You need to give the loss of your pet a place, take your time with it. Then, after a while, there comes a moment in which you realize it's time to look around for a new pet, to fill the emptiness in the house. That moment will come, sooner or later. No need to rush.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    aaaw my condolences :-/
  6. BobdH wrote
    Oh yes, take your time. In my experience with our dogs, after a dog would pass away, the first time you don't want to think about having a new one. You need to give the loss of your pet a place, take your time with it. Then, after a while, there comes a moment in which you realize it's time to look around for a new pet, to fill the emptiness in the house. That moment will come, sooner or later. No need to rush.

Agreed. You cannot instantly replace one pet with another. As with all living beings the duration depends on how close one has been to it. When the pain is too deep and one simply cannot imagine losing one all over again, it's best to just treasure the memories and move on.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2017
    Absolutely Gilles. Gomez isn't replaceable but I understand where other people here are coming from. All the thoughts and comments were much appreciated, only time will tell if I'm ready for another furry companion.