• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2009
    justin boggan wrote
    No, the notes that countinue for what would have been in a real orchestra a spot for drums. I guess that's the battle march. I have something else playing right now, so I can't play it.

Hmmm... I hear what you're talking about, but I don't hear anything necessarily bad-sounding about that section. confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2009
    Here's another, and another, and another, and another, and another, and another, and another, and another, and another. Whoo! I'm on a roll today. spin Some are a lot better than others, and they are not numbered in chronological order. Feedback is welcome and appreciated. beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2009
    Bump. smile
    • CommentAuthormarkrayen
    I listened to some of it, and think you are very talented. But if you want serious feedback you have to upload a notated score for me. I particularly enjoyed piece nr. 6 (which through it's simplicity isn't as poorly structured as some of the other pieces), and I was inspired to explore the simple theme you used myself in a little excersize I call "Rhumba for William" wink

I've uploaded the score with suggestions for a possible orchestration, and a midi mockup to listen to. I've added chord symbols in the exposition so you can see exactly what I did to your theme...

Score:

https://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php? … UkVLSkE9PQ

Midi:

https://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php? … aWJIRGc9PQ

- Mark biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    markrayen wrote
    I listened to some of it, and think you are very talented. But if you want serious feedback you have to upload a notated score for me. I particularly enjoyed piece nr. 6 (which through it's simplicity isn't as poorly structured as some of the other pieces), and I was inspired to explore the simple theme you used myself in a little excersize I call "Rhumba for William" wink

I've uploaded the score with suggestions for a possible orchestration, and a midi mockup to listen to. I've added chord symbols in the exposition so you can see exactly what I did to your theme...

Score:

https://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php? … UkVLSkE9PQ

Midi:

https://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php? … aWJIRGc9PQ

- Mark biggrin

Hey, thanks for the comment, and that's quite a cool arrangement of my theme! You obviously have some extensive music training, and I really appreciate any suggestions you may have. Just out of curiosity, what program did you use to create the MIDI and PDF score files?
    • CommentAuthormarkrayen
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2009
    I use Finale (2006 edition) notation software. I know its outdated now, but I spent such a long time learning it that the thought of an upgrade terrifies me!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    markrayen wrote
    I use Finale (2006 edition) notation software. I know its outdated now, but I spent such a long time learning it that the thought of an upgrade terrifies me!

Well outdated or not, it's better than what I use! tongue
    • CommentAuthormarkrayen
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    markrayen wrote
    Which is?

GarageBand for the Mac. shame
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    Why don't you score a scene in a movie?
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    KevinSmith wrote
    Why don't you score a scene in a movie?

You mean a regular feature film? Take away the actual score and write my own? That may be a possibility... Or are you referring to something else? confused
  1. That's a good idea, William.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2009
    I just recently got Sibelius 6! biggrin So, I not only have a new, professional way to write music, but a new piece to show you all: The Tricky Fingers, for solo piano. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Very impressive. (Though I think would benefit from a slightly slower tempo?)
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2009 edited
    Steven wrote
    Very impressive. (Though I think would benefit from a slightly slower tempo?)

Perhaps; I'll play around with it a bit. wink Glad you like it (or, at least I think you like it uhm)!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I do. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Steven wrote
    I do. wink

Thanks. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2009
    William it's wonderful! But yes, it would be a first, I will have to agree with Steven ( tongue ) . A slower tempo will probably suit it better. smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Stavroula wrote
    William it's wonderful! But yes, it would be a first, I will have to agree with Steven ( tongue ) . A slower tempo will probably suit it better. smile

Thanks! And I'll definitely look into slowing the tempo down; thanks for the suggestions! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2009 edited
    Don't listen to her! She's evil! It's all lies!!!

...wait, she's agreeing with me?
    Huh. That's new.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Very nice piece; now let's see you actually playing it on the piano tongue

Kidding; i liked it, it has very interesting rythmic-melodic elements, it's overall style kinda reminded me of a modern take on something like Brahms' Hungarian Dances.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Steven wrote
    ...wait, she's agreeing with me?
    Huh. That's new.

Weird, huh? biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Christodoulides wrote
    Very nice piece; now let's see you actually playing it on the piano tongue

Kidding; i liked it, it has very interesting rythmic-melodic elements, it's overall style kinda reminded me of a modern take on something like Brahms' Hungarian Dances.

Thanks, Demetris! beer
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2009
    William, I've written about 15 minutes of separate thematic ideas, would you take a look at what I've done?
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2009 edited
    Yes! I'm quite interested! cheesy