• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2009
    I had a go at this composing malarkey! cheesy

And this is what I came up with.

Thoughts?

Thor wrote
    Hey, that's quite good. Has this kind of chug-along rhythmic flair. The only thing I missed was a more melodic presence, or at least some kind of thematic, musical evolution.

Martijn wrote
    I'm siding with Thor: arguably no worse (or better) than most film score "soundscapes". A theme or melody would help this along immensely.

I like your samples and the combination of instruments.
    It's quite clear you have listened to your share of ex-MVs! (Not a bad thing, mind: there's people making good money using that particular style, and it's interesting to see it's relatively (!) easily being emulated). cool

PawelStroinski wrote
    Work a bit on the melodic side. The orchestrations are very good already (I LOVE the harp!). You've got talent.

Cheers fellas! I guess I'll be writing more music soon then! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    GarageBand with a collection of samples I scavenged from various places.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It shows promise Anthony. What did you have in mind when you composed it?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I had no aim. Just to get something to a level where I was happy enough to post it here. I was playing around for several hours before I started on this track. A lot of what I came up with before this was Teddy Shapiro guitar-schmaltzy stuff that didn't appeal to me. Maybe I'll have a go at something like that a bit further down the line.

(I guess it's a bit ironic that the two things I've managed to do straight away is what we associate with low budget comedy films and media ventures).
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2009 edited
    Anthony wrote

Thoughts?

It's OK, for using LOOPS. I too use GarageBand, and recognized your use of multiple pre-written loops. Why don't you mention that little piece of information in your opening post, rather than falsely leading everyone believe you've written it on your own?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2009
    William wrote
    Anthony wrote

Thoughts?

It's OK, for using LOOPS. I too use GarageBand, and recognized your use of multiple pre-written loops. Why don't you mention that little piece of information in your opening post, rather than falsely leading everyone believe you've written it on your own?

If this is true, then I suggest Anthony wastes no time at all in turning up in Santa Monica and getting a fortune for doing the same thing in Jerry Bruckheimer and Michael Bay films.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Southall wrote
    William wrote
    Anthony wrote

Thoughts?

If this is true, then I suggest Anthony wastes no time at all in turning up in Santa Monica and getting a fortune for doing the same thing in Jerry Bruckheimer and Michael Bay films.

biggrin
  1. Hmm, you guys inspire me to show some of my own, though I DID share my pieces before and they were commented only by...

William, I think!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Hmm, you guys inspire me to show some of my own, though I DID share my pieces before and they were commented only by...

William, I think!

I don't remember whether I commented or not, but... cool beer
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    William, do you know how to get drumming to sound good in GarageBand? The various kit samples don't compare to the stuff the Magic GarageBand can churn out. confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Anthony wrote
    William, do you know how to get drumming to sound good in GarageBand? The various kit samples don't compare to the stuff the Magic GarageBand can churn out. confused

Hmmm... IDK. I always use the 'Orchestra Percussion Kit' (available in the Symphony Orchestra Jam Pack) and sometimes the 'Rock Kit' for my compositions, using only a few samples from the latter. The thing that stinks most is that you never know exactly which percussion instruments you're writing for, as each instrument sound is represented by a single line or space on the music staff, rather than an individual instrument track. And it depends what you mean by "drumming." Do you mean like rock drumming, or general orchestral percussion stuff? confused Also, don't forget to check out the 'Tuned Percussion' tab (also available in the Symphony Orchestra Jam Pack), which includes instruments like the crotales, timpani, and chimes (tubular bells).
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2009
    I'm trying to do some decent rock-style drumming, but unless I spend hours layering sample after sample on top of each other I can't get anything good out of it. sad
    • CommentAuthormarkrayen
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2009
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Hmm, you guys inspire me to show some of my own, though I DID share my pieces before and they were commented only by...

William, I think!

really
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2013 edited
    Here's some stuff i've been composing recently for a short film in Cyprus about a guy who thinks he's a superhero and he's a bit of fucked up in the head, with a very tragic and heartbreaking story evolving underneath eventually.

WHISPERS (indie short)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6f_yHcCz0M

And here's the piece's streaming link itself (wav, uncompressed):
    http://soundcloud.com/demetris-chris/wh … 13-trailer
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2013
    Demetris wrote
    Here's some stuff i've been composing recently for a short film in Cyprus about a guy who thinks he's a superhero and he's a bit of fucked up in the head, with a very tragic and heartbreaking story evolving underneath eventually.

WHISPERS (indie short)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6f_yHcCz0M

And here's the piece's streaming link itself (wav, uncompressed):
    http://soundcloud.com/demetris-chris/wh … 13-trailer

cool :like:
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thanks mate! smile beer Appreciated
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Good work, D. It's a sound very much 'of our times'. That's one long teaser, though....are you sure there's any footage left? wink
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    thanks mate! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Hey, well done Demetris! I like it. Is it part of the score too, or is this trailer music separate from that because I see you are in the credits of the movie too.

Movie made me think a bit of Kick-Ass but then it changed. wink
    Euroman eh. Loved the sign on the costume. biggrin
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It's uni man smile it's part of the score, on top of this melody, his theme will be built . I am doing the score too. Thank you so much ! Movie is quite black in Essence smile
  2. Hey!

There is a competition by Hans Zimmer and Bleeding Fingers. Please checkout my entry at this link:

https://soundcloud.com/anibalalonso/han … tion-music