• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. There's an interesting piece of writing from Michael Barrett over at Film Score Monthly in the Film Score Daily Articles slot:

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/daily/a … ervention/

Does any of this sound familiar to anyone? It certainly does to me!

Anyone care to estimate how many discs they have still in the wrapping? For me, I manage to take everything out of the wrapper more or less immediately as I rip it the same day it arrives but when it comes to actually sitting down and listening to them (at the exclusion of all outside disturbances) there have been very few examples of this recently.
    shame
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. As much as it hurts to admit it: Yeah, too much to do, not enough time, and awfully less time to listen to great scores. A shame.
  3. There are always a couple of new albums lying around just waiting for a spin. It's mainly because I like having something new to listen to when I'm in the right mood, not so much because I have little time. And because there's tons of my old scores I still listen to regularly.

With my interest in new scores dying each year, sadly, I find myself picking up the older gems I missed back in the day. So I tend to listen to those first. Sometimes a month passes by between getting it in the mail and actually listening to it.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2009
    I have a good 30 new albums just sitting here waiting to be listened to. They are all out of there wrap and digitized but I haven't listened to them yet.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeap. Same here.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I usually listen the same day that I get the CD. However, there are many in the collection I've listened to once because I tend to make an immediate decision on the music which can be a mistake as there are scores that will grow on me especially if I get the opportunity to see the film later on.
    Thomas smile
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2009 edited
    No, this never happened to me, not even when I used to buy soundtracks on a regular basis.

Back in 2003 or thereabouts, I reached a saturation point in my collecting. I had almost 1000 soundtracks and wanted to spend more time with what I already had. Plus there were other things in life that become just as, if not more important than soundtracks, believe it or not.

So from that point on, I bought very few CD's. Only the must-haves and occasional exception. Certainly not enough to have them lying around, just waiting to get a spin.
    I am extremely serious.