• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2009
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    I don't have problem with fast food in general, no big fan either, but when i rarely crave some McD's for instance, i DO crave them! But KFC are simply unbearable, no matter the instance!

I had a McDonald's winter feast burger last week. MMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! I'm lovin' it!

(Sorry Tim. I hadn't better tell you my state of inebriation at the time.)

McD's have improved a lot from the early days but there are far FAR better burger outlets, I'm sure every city has one, you just have to know wwhere to go but I'm not averse to the odd McD now and again.

Of course there are. McDonald's burgers are no gastronomic pieces of art, and most regular restaurants serve better, more elaborate burgers. However, they're just so damn good in their straightforward saltiness, that there is really no competition if you want just that particular taste.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2009 edited
    Timmer wrote

Make your own two burgers a Month then.

Yeah, that's the best solution indeed beer What do you like your burgers to have in? Where do you get your hamburgers from? The local butcher's?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    I don't have problem with fast food in general, no big fan either, but when i rarely crave some McD's for instance, i DO crave them! But KFC are simply unbearable, no matter the instance!

I had a McDonald's winter feast burger last week. MMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! I'm lovin' it!

(Sorry Tim. I hadn't better tell you my state of inebriation at the time.)

McD's have improved a lot from the early days but there are far FAR better burger outlets, I'm sure every city has one, you just have to know wwhere to go but I'm not averse to the odd McD now and again.

Of course there are. McDonald's burgers are no gastronomic pieces of art, and most regular restaurants serve better, more elaborate burgers. However, they're just so damn good in their straightforward saltiness, that there is really no competition if you want just that particular taste.

Indeed. There are lots of good restaurants that make those big, juicy awesome burgers but McD's are always a step ahead when it comes to taste smile And i'd too agree that they have raised their level of services and quality A LOT through the last 5-6 years.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Yeah, that's the best solution indeed beer What do you like your burgers to have in? Where do you get your hamburgers from? The local butcher's?

Mince from the local butchers.

Good bread rolls from a local baker ( McD's rolls are horrendous )

Salad and relish to the individual taste.

And, of course, CHEESE.

I could give you my own recipe to make burgers if you like but there are plenty of recipes on the web anyway.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Mince from the local butchers.

Good bread rolls from a local baker ( McD's rolls are horrendous )

Salad and relish to the individual taste.

And, of course, CHEESE.

I could give you my own recipe to make burgers if you like but there are plenty of recipes on the web anyway.

I know, i have some of them too, just asking out of curiosity. What kind of sauce you use?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Just a bottle of burger relish.

Actually I much prefer making my own Kebabs rather than burgers biggrin lick

This IS the food thread isn't it!???

ooops! It's Justin's composition thread biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. But appropriately, we're discussing shit food bunny
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    PawelStroinski wrote
    But appropriately, we're discussing shit food bunny

biggrin beer
  2. New untitled piece:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx1ulWyJfK4
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    This is the only thread that I'm glad has gone off topic! Keep it up, boys! And you can't talk about KFC without bringing up their Famous Bowls

And for some commentary about said bowls may introduce to you Patton Oswalt

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote

Good home-made burgers are better than any you tend to get out. Absolutely delicious. My own recipe has varied over the years; at the moment it's very simple, just beef, a little onion and some seasoning.
  3. justin boggan wrote
    New untitled piece:

At least you've heard of Aaron Copland. But I wish this piece:

1. Didn't go out of range with the horn
    2. Had a really better rhythm
    3. Had the horn theme actually more organized and not out of the tempo.

Goldsmith inspired?

Still you can't compose.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    PawelStroinski wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    New untitled piece:

At least you've heard of Aaron Copland. But I wish this piece:

1. Didn't go out of range with the horn
    2. Had a really better rhythm
    3. Had the horn theme actually more organized and not out of the tempo.

Goldsmith inspired?

Still you can't compose.

NOOO!!!! You reacted to him. That's exactly what he wants! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    justin boggan wrote
    New untitled piece:

lol

Sorry Justin... but this is honestly the first piece that has made me laugh out loud. It sounds like my 2 and half year old pounding on his toy grand piano. And the title of this "piece" makes it even more funny!

Justin... don't take my advice or anyone else's for that matter. Just keep doing what you are doing! punk

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  4. Actually, according to a Google search, the french horn is within it's playing range, and the keyboard on the program doesn't go below or higher -- it just cuts off with dead air.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Erik Woods wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    New untitled piece:

lol

Sorry Justin... but this is honestly the first piece that has made me laugh out loud. It sounds like my 2 and half year old pounding on his toy grand piano. And the title of this "piece" makes it even more funny!

Justin... don't take my advice or anyone else's for that matter advice. Just keep doing what you are doing! punk

-Erik-

I too was cracking up at this one. Justin, you've once again managed to waste two minutes of my life, though I'll admit, I can hear some attempted thematic structure and harmony, but... Dude, I PLAY horn, and I can tell you Pawel is right when he says you took the horns way out of range. And the orchestration - if you could call it that - is very odd and screwy. And I still would hesitate to call this stuff music. But other than that... beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    justin boggan wrote
    Actually, according to a Google search...

And since when can mere a mere "Google search" be deemed reliable? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Steven wrote
    I bet all of this attention gives Justin a hard on.

Yeah, some sort of metronome would give it a less random sound.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    Justin, I'm curious: why do you want us to listen to your music?

mc
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    moviescore wrote

mc

That's what I'm wondering... I wonder if he submits it to any other forums? Or just MainTitles?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    To be fair, there are many people out there who THINK they're good at something, yet they really aren't. That's why it's always far more entertaining to watch the first few episodes of "Idol" before the people who actually CAN sing are left. It's entertaining - and a bit embarassing, of course - to watch these people make a fool of themselves, deluded as they are about their own "gift".

Either that or - as has been pointed out earlier - Justin's just having a gas with us.
    I am extremely serious.
  5. moviescore wrote

mc

Why do you want us to listen to your music? Or for that matter any member here? I think you already have the answer.

Or really -- why do people who hate it keep listening anyway? Don't they have anything better to do? I know when I hate something, I don't listen to it again, and if one person continually cranks out stuff I don't like, I stop listening all together -- there are plenty upon plenty of things out there to do and listen to, so why stick with something you hate?
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2009
    justin boggan wrote
    I know when I hate something, I don't listen to it again, and if one person continually cranks out stuff I don't like, I stop listening all together -- there are plenty upon plenty of things out there to do and listen to, so why stick with something you hate?

Justin, I'm just failing to understand how you can "hate" a professional, well-established film composer's music, but not your own? confused Certainly you must at least recognize 'music' when you hear it, which Zimmer's is, but your stuff is not, in my opinion.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    God I love Justin.
  6. We're just telling you how CAN'T you do it, that's all. You're doing something you really can't and when professionals tell you what you do wrong you call them idiots.
  7. William wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    I know when I hate something, I don't listen to it again, and if one person continually cranks out stuff I don't like, I stop listening all together -- there are plenty upon plenty of things out there to do and listen to, so why stick with something you hate?

Justin, I'm just failing to understand how you can "hate" a professional, well-established film composer's music, but not your own? confused Certainly you must at least recognize 'music' when you hear it, which Zimmer's is, but your stuff is not, in my opinion.

Exactly one the reasons why I am constantly discussing in this thread. If Zimmer is crap, Justin's music was in the toilet before he even touched a keyboard.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    PawelStroinski wrote
    William wrote
    justin boggan wrote

Exactly one the reasons why I am constantly discussing in this thread. If Zimmer is crap, Justin's music was in the toilet before he even touched a keyboard.

lol Sir, how correct you are!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2009 edited
    Justin, if you'd like any sort of critique for your most recent work, may I inquire as to why at 1:28 into the piece, in the horns, the C is held out indefinitely longer than the E? Both notes are in harmony, and I see no 'musical' reason for one to go on for a fraction of a second longer and the other to not... Or, oh?! shocked Is it possible the high (and I literally mean "high" wink) and mighty Justin made a mistake?

Seriously, you obviously accidently held out one note longer. And if you were using a notation system, you could have easily fixed this problem with a quick edit, or better yet: WRITTEN THE NOTE THE WAY YOU MEANT IT TO BE PLAYED, rather than playing random crap on a keyboard and accidently holding out notes, not having a pre-existing tempo or even melody, etc. I'll grant you that some composers' best work comes on the spot, playing around with the keyboard, but I'm sure even the melodies which come about in that manner are not good enough to be heard by an audience until they have been properly orchestrated, notated, etc.

You, on the other hand, clearly have no melodies in your mind when you compose this 'music,' or, if you do, they were thought up mere moments earlier, and not given enough thought and work to make them as good as they could be. If you truly wanted to get better at music, you'd study, observe others, and stop being so darn egotistic! You're not perfect; you're not even a fraction as good as Zimmer, whose music actually possesses melodies, harmonies, beats, rhythms, and musical development, whereas yours possesses some quickly, effortlessly strung-together notes on a keyboard with some MIDI sound samples.

Try to take our advice when we say you can't do it, or if you really think you can (Justin, I do have faith you could, if you'd just work more at it), then prove yourself; go study, learn an instrument or two, and then come back in a year with a decent melody or two and amaze us! In all honesty, I'd rather hear a single, unorchestrated good melody or idea than an attempt at a sloppy piece with poor everything. You have so far only given us the latter. I'm serious, Justin; ten seconds of good music - even for one instrument only - would go a lot farther with us than two minutes of chaotic sounds strung about. Just my two cents.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2009 edited
    justin boggan wrote
    why do people who hate it keep listening anyway?

Two words...

"Symphonette 2"

'nuff said!

punk

I honestly can't WAIT for the next one.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Erik Woods wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    why do people who hate it keep listening anyway?

Two words... "

Symphonette 2"

'nuff said!

punk

I honestly can't WAIT for the next one.

-Erik-

LOL biggrin Erik, you crack me up.