• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2009 edited
    In which thread can I continue KFC/McDonald/burgers discussion? I wanna talk about MOSBURGER! (the best burger franchise in Japan lick )
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2009
    Miya wrote
    In which thread can I continue KFC/McDonald/burgers discussion? I wanna talk about MOSBURGER! (the best burger franchise in Japan lick )

Food Food Food

I've just put my old thread back up for you Miya.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    William, you rule! biggrin wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Just keep on trying Justin.
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    William wrote
    Justin, if you'd like any sort of critique for your most recent work, may I inquire as to why at 1:28 into the piece, in the horns, the C is held out indefinitely longer than the E? Both notes are in harmony, and I see no 'musical' reason for one to go on for a fraction of a second and the other to not... Or, oh?! shocked Is it possible the high (and I literally mean "high" wink) and mighty Justin made a mistake? Seriously, you obviously accidently held out one note longer. And if you were using a notation system, you could have easily fixed this problem with a quick edit, or better yet: WRITTEN THE NOTE THE WAY YOU MEANT IT TO BE PLAYED, rather than playing random crap on a keyboard and accidently holding out notes, not having a pre-existing tempo or even melody, etc. I'll grant you that some composers best work comes on the spot, playing around with the keyboard, but I'm sure even the melodies which come about in that manner are not good enough to be heard by an audience until they have been properly orchestrated, notated, etc. You, on the other hand, clearly have no melodies in your mind when you compose this 'music,' or, if you do, they were thought up mere moments earlier, and not given enough thought and work to make them as good as they could be. If you truly wanted to get better at music, you'd study, observe others, and stop being so darn egotistic! You're not perfect; you're not even a fraction as good as Zimmer, whose music actually possesses melodies, harmonies, beats, rhythms, and musical development, whereas yours possesses some quickly, effortlessly strung-together notes on a keyboard with some MIDI sound samples. Try to take our advice when we say you can't do it, or if you really think you can (Justin, I do have faith you could, if you'd just work more at it), then prove yourself; go study, learn an instrument or two, and then come back in a year with a decent melody or two and amaze us! In all honesty, I'd rather hear a single, unorchestrated good melody or idea than an attempt at a sloppy piece with poor everything. You have so far only given us the latter. I'm serious, Justin; ten seconds of good music - even for one instrument only - would go a lot farther with us than two minutes of chaotic sounds strung about. Just my two cents.

I know you probably but a lot of effort into that, so PLEASE paragraph it so I can read it. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote
    Indeed. There are lots of good restaurants that make those big, juicy awesome burgers but McD's are always a step ahead when it comes to taste smile And i'd too agree that they have raised their level of services and quality A LOT through the last 5-6 years.

shocked

Honestly?
    I have to tell you I have gone off McDonalds SO much!

I never was much of a burger joint person, but hey: after a night out it's the only place still open, so it's quick and easy.

Now we've just moved offices to the middle of pretty much an industry park (well, not really, but there isn't a lot of green or proper shops around), and right opposite us there's a Mac. Now the office caterer is shit and insanely expensive, so lunch choice for 99% of staff was really obvious: the laird McDonalds is NOT in danger of going out of business any time soon.

I joined my colleagues on the very first run, and as I stood in line behind like 40 people, I realized that the smell of the place was making me nauseous... and worse: that this had always been the case.
    I'd just never spent enough time in any Mac to properly realize it.
    I left the line and never looked back.
    I'm bringing a packed lunch now. smile

That's not to say I'm completely immune: I do visit the Burger King for a hamburger (or wild variety thereof) once ina while, and I do enjoy it (I think Burger King's meat quality knocks McDonalds out of the park, but hey, that may just be a matter of taste), and I once on a very sunny day visit the Mac for their ice cream varieties.
    I love their caramel sundaes and their flurries.... they used to have cappuccino-flavoured ones...lick

Timmer wrote
    Good bread rolls from a local baker ( McD's rolls are horrendous )

In that vein, did you ever read this?

In a few hundred years time, archaeologists will be amazed at the amount of perfectly preserved, obese Americans in cemetaries... freezing

Miya wrote

Please, please, please, PLEASE tell me that those odd, odd, odd, ODD Japanese people haven't invented a burger you actually put MOSS on. uhm
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. What's moss?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    moss, moss, moss and Moss
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  2. They wouldn't make burgers out of the latter, would they?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Nar. Too much skin and bone.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Just mush it all up with the rabbit's testicles and whatever else ends up in fast food burgers. So long as it tastes good!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn, as much as i'd like to chew on a McD's once a month or so, i'd never eat those as my everyday lunch. So i feel you!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote
    Martijn, ... So i feel you!

Can we have a video?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    No! shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Southall wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Martijn, ... So i feel you!

Can we have a video?

No.
    Have a LOLCat instead.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    justin boggan wrote
    Why do you want us to listen to your music? Or for that matter any member here? I think you already have the answer.

I want to give people the opportunity to enjoy my music. Is that your goal as well? Because, usually, BEFORE you offer the market a product, you make sure it works and is of good quality. Do you consider your music to be of good quality? If you don't, why do you waste our time?

mc
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    And we certainly enjoy your music, Mikael!
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    Christodoulides wrote

kiss

mc
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote

It's OK, but he's no Justin, is he?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Nobody is quite like Justin. smile
  3. And that's a compliment. To us. bunny
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Anthony wrote
    William wrote
    Justin, if you'd like any sort of critique for your most recent work, may I inquire as to why at 1:28 into the piece, in the horns, the C is held out indefinitely longer than the E? Both notes are in harmony, and I see no 'musical' reason for one to go on for a fraction of a second and the other to not... Or, oh?! shocked Is it possible the high (and I literally mean "high" wink) and mighty Justin made a mistake? Seriously, you obviously accidently held out one note longer. And if you were using a notation system, you could have easily fixed this problem with a quick edit, or better yet: WRITTEN THE NOTE THE WAY YOU MEANT IT TO BE PLAYED, rather than playing random crap on a keyboard and accidently holding out notes, not having a pre-existing tempo or even melody, etc. I'll grant you that some composers best work comes on the spot, playing around with the keyboard, but I'm sure even the melodies which come about in that manner are not good enough to be heard by an audience until they have been properly orchestrated, notated, etc. You, on the other hand, clearly have no melodies in your mind when you compose this 'music,' or, if you do, they were thought up mere moments earlier, and not given enough thought and work to make them as good as they could be. If you truly wanted to get better at music, you'd study, observe others, and stop being so darn egotistic! You're not perfect; you're not even a fraction as good as Zimmer, whose music actually possesses melodies, harmonies, beats, rhythms, and musical development, whereas yours possesses some quickly, effortlessly strung-together notes on a keyboard with some MIDI sound samples. Try to take our advice when we say you can't do it, or if you really think you can (Justin, I do have faith you could, if you'd just work more at it), then prove yourself; go study, learn an instrument or two, and then come back in a year with a decent melody or two and amaze us! In all honesty, I'd rather hear a single, unorchestrated good melody or idea than an attempt at a sloppy piece with poor everything. You have so far only given us the latter. I'm serious, Justin; ten seconds of good music - even for one instrument only - would go a lot farther with us than two minutes of chaotic sounds strung about. Just my two cents.

I know you probably but a lot of effort into that, so PLEASE paragraph it so I can read it. wink

Of course. wink Will do.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Steven wrote
    William, you rule! biggrin wave

Thanks. biggrin wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Perhaps he wants our opinion?
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    sdtom wrote

Who, Justin? Hasn't he already gotten our opinion? confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    He keeps composing new material
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I would suggest that if he is truly interested he take a class
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    sdtom wrote

He doesn't. He can't take criticism.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    sdtom wrote

That's what all of us have suggested...
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    sdtom wrote

I can't believe that none of you see this for what it is. What I would give to see Justin's face when we reads all of these comments!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!