• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. For me, iTunes is great. Though I am waiting for my first software wobbly moment.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2011
    D, try deleting them from iTunes and adding the tracks/folder back in again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2011
    It was the "convert to aac 128kbps" button that was causing the problem, i disabled it and all was ok again.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2011 edited
    For some reason, my Elfman odds'n'ènds "album" has been all screwed up. It contains about 100 tracks and they're way out of sequence. For example, the tracks from THE SIMPSONS are spread out all over the place. So is there any way to re-organize these without editing the info to change the track number manually on every single one?
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Thor wrote
    For some reason, my Elfman odds'n'ènds "album" has been all screwed up. It contains about 100 tracks and they're way out of sequence. For example, the tracks from THE SIMPSONS are spread out all over the place. So is there any way to re-organize these without editing the info to change the track number manually on every single one?

Keeping in mind that I've not been too useful with solutions to iTunes problems, could you have tracks from multiple disc issues? Perhaps iTunes has ordered all the tracks from Disc 2s to after all the Disc 1 tracks?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. Can anyone help me with searching around iTunes Store? I think I mentioned before that it's really difficult to search iTunes Store for new and upcoming releases. There doesn't seem to be an easy way to structure the catalogue by release date or to even select genres. All you can do is to search for keywords and hope that "soundtrack" or "score" has been included in the album's title.

Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2011
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Thor wrote

Keeping in mind that I've not been too useful with solutions to iTunes problems, could you have tracks from multiple disc issues? Perhaps iTunes has ordered all the tracks from Disc 2s to after all the Disc 1 tracks?

Are you talking about creating "artificial" disc 2, 3 etc.? That could help me group the tracks in bolks, but I would still have to edit each track manually to have all the tracks from single scores together.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thor wrote

Gonna need a screen grab for this one.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  4. Thor wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Thor wrote

Are you talking about creating "artificial" disc 2, 3 etc.? That could help me group the tracks in bolks, but I would still have to edit each track manually to have all the tracks from single scores together.

No. What I am referring to is maybe something that doesn't affect you. When 2-CD sets are bought as downloads sometimes the file names are labeled with something like (Disc 2) at the beginning of the file name, or the file is tagged to tell you that the track is from the second disc.

When you list all these tracks from different albums they tend to be ordered alphabetically by file name (which is usually equivalent to track number because the file name tends to begin 01, 02, 03, etc). But with some tracks that begin (Disc 2) 01, (Disc 2) 02, etc these will be arranged to the top of any list ordered by alphabetical order.

I am not sure I am helping.
  5. FalkirkBairn wrote
    Can anyone help me with searching around iTunes Store? I think I mentioned before that it's really difficult to search iTunes Store for new and upcoming releases. There doesn't seem to be an easy way to structure the catalogue by release date or to even select genres. All you can do is to search for keywords and hope that "soundtrack" or "score" has been included in the album's title.

Thanks.

I am hoping that my own iTunes Store question doesn't get lost in Thor's responses.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Alan - I haven't searched through the iTunes store in a really long time but I assume finding new stuff is pretty much identical to the way the store was configured a few years ago when I last used it. You should be able to search for music by genre. Find the MUSIC tab on the top column and then select SOUNDTRACKS. On the SOUNDTRACKS page, right in front of you, you should see a heading called NEW AND NOTEWORTHY. Browse through the albums displayed or click SEE ALL to see all the NEW AND NOTEWORTHY soundtrack releases. When you select SEE ALL look at the top right hand corner and you will see SORT BY tab. Select RELEASE DATE.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  6. Thanks for the help Erik.

iTunes isn't the easiest to search. The new titles, I am sure, doesn't list all new titles. Just the noteworthy. I does not list pre-orders. And the place where you can view pre-orders doesn't separate into genres. So you have to trawl a lot of dross to find anything interest.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2011 edited
    Erik Woods wrote
    Thor wrote

-Erik-

Let me just rephrase in more simple terms:

Is there any way to re-sequence the order of tracks without manually typing in the number on each track?

When you have close to 100 tracks in one album to sort out, it's a heck of a job!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thor wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Thor wrote

-Erik-

Is there any way to re-sequence the order of tracks without manually typing in the number on each track?

When you have close to 100 tracks in one album to sort out, it's a heck of a job!

Only if you add those 100 tracks to a playlist, order them in there, and play the tracks within that playlist only.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Erik Woods wrote
    Thor wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Thor wrote

-Erik-

Only if you add those 100 tracks to a playlist, order them in there, and play the tracks within that playlist only.

-Erik-

I see. So there's no way of re-inserting that playlist as an album proper once I've ordered them there?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thor wrote
    I see. So there's no way of re-inserting that playlist as an album proper once I've ordered them there?

Nope. iTunes relies on the ID Tags for sorting. If they aren't complete then you are going to have problems.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Great. Seems like I have the work cut out for me.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2011
    My cover album function has gone wonky.

when I try to add a cover album in "edit info", I just get an empty square and then the picture just turns black!

Whazzap?

Let me know if I should include a screen capture.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Is this an isolated incident or is this happening with all of your albums?

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Erik Woods wrote
    Is this an isolated incident or is this happening with all of your albums?

-Erik-

All of my albums.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Not sure what's going on but seems like others have been experiencing the same problem. You might want to read through the following threads to find your answer.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/32 … p;tstart=0
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread/18 … p;tstart=0

Hope that helps?

-ERik-
  7. I don't let iTunes do any of my tagging, etc. I get everything sorted in MediaMonkey (track titles, album details, cover art) and then add them to iTunes once everything is to my liking.

I've only started adding comments to the comments box in order to create smart playlists. And, so far so good!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Erik Woods wrote
    Not sure what's going on but seems like others have been experiencing the same problem. You might want to read through the following threads to find your answer.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/18 … p;tstart=0

Hope that helps?

-ERik-

Thanks! That helped.

Hopefully, iTunes will remedy this bug by their next update.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2011
    I'm still struggling with the tidying-up bit from earlier.

What if I make a playlist, organize the sequence of tracks by clicking and dragging, THEN edit the info individually to have the correct track number and THEN somehow copy/replace the tracks BACK in their albums proper. Is that possible? Won't they then have the same sequence as the playlist?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2011
    Strange. When I click the album cover in the lower, left corner of the player, it's supposed to pop up in a separate window. But it doesn't happen. The player just "blinks", but no window appears.

Not a big deal, but a bit annoying.

Anyone?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2011
    Èh, nevermind. It seemed to fix itself.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2011
    I imported some wav-files into iTunes (and I presume they converted the files to appropriate format in the process), but now I can't seem to add an album cover for them. The files are not write-protected. Whazzap?
    I am extremely serious.
  8. Thor wrote
    I imported some wav-files into iTunes (and I presume they converted the files to appropriate format in the process), but now I can't seem to add an album cover for them. The files are not write-protected. Whazzap?

Personally, I would have converted using something else and changed tags and added artwork outside iTunes. Then I would have just left iTunes to add them to a library with all the rest done elsewhere.

I don't do any of that sort of thing in iTunes. MediaMonkey is my workhorse when it comes to converting and tagging, etc.

That's no help to you. Just saying. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2011
    Yeah, it's a pain in the ass to do that work inside iTunes itself. I should really find another way. Another annoying thing is that if you play the tracks in cover view (which I prefer), it's all jumbled, but if I play them in the track listing view, they'll obviously play in the correct order.

I have a suspicion the reluctance to add artwork is because the files are wav.
    I am extremely serious.
  9. I have never really understood the art of adding artwork to files and placing them on, in my case, mp3 players. I do the same thing with tracks when adding artwork and sometimes it works and sometimes it does not.

It has gotten to the stage where I have to customise the covers in something like GIMP to a size I know causes the least amount of trouble, import the artwork (and change tags) in MediaMonkey and only then add them to iTunes - and I do this the same way too: copying the tracks from MediaMonkey and into the folder that automatically adds tracks to iTunes. Usually this works. Though it doesn't always when I do the same with my Creative Zen.