• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2012
    A question for Erik and itunes experts:

I have formatted my pc and re-installed itunes 64bit

Now when i re-authorized the pc with the itunes store and connected my iphone 3gs
    the 'sync apps' option on the iphone was unchecked. When i click on it to check it i get the following warning:

"are you sure you want to sync apps? all existing apps and their data on the iphone "demetris' iphone" will be replaced with apps from this itunes library"

......what do i do????
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Is it the exact same iTunes library that you had before you formatted the PC?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I guess so? Previously i had it enabled (the option to sync the apps and whenever i downloaded something on the iphone it downloaded right away into itunes once i plugged it in) and also have it synced on icloud too (this doesn't sync apps though). What about the content? For instance pages (from iWork) documents?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Not sure... I don't want to be the guy that messes things up for you.

You might want to check out places like iLounge and the Apple Support forums to get an answer to this.

Sorry!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2012 edited
    No worries Erik smile Thanks, i will do so. Thanks for not shooting it blank here and having me loosing things eventually, (well, perhaps at least, who knows) although it makes sense that it's like you suggest; but with apple sync and the whole thing you never know, asking is the only way! I will do so there, where you suggested.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2012 edited
    OK, so I updated to iTunes 11.0.

Quite a few changes. Need some time getting used to.

Does anyone know how I can make the background black (in 'album' display)? And also how to make the covers smaller? They're too big now, since I have to scroll for ages to get to where I want.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. As I mentioned in an extended post on Erik's Facebook page, I'm still on version 10.3.1.55

I've always been reluctant to upgrade because of the potential for it all to go pear-shaped during the update. Or because the updates meddle with the things I like with the current version I have.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2012
    I just watched this youtube clip on the major differences;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0Jj6OoRa18

I'm not a fan of the new tracklisting as it looks less organised. Thor is there still a cover flow?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    As I mentioned in an extended post on Erik's Facebook page, I'm still on version 10.3.1.55

I've always been reluctant to upgrade because of the potential for it all to go pear-shaped during the update. Or because the updates meddle with the things I like with the current version I have.

Worse: ever since version 10, there's some "precognitive guesstimate" function buildt in that "guesses" how much space the material you want to load to your iPod will take.
    On my 180 GB iPod, these guesses are off by as much as 6-7 GB!
    So iTunes 10 will tell me that I'm 5 GB over the size limit, when in fact I'm actually 1 GB below!

And here's the kicker: rather than just being able to load whatever material will fit (which should then simply lead to my iPod being filled with what I like and still have 1 GB to spare)...iTunes will then REFUSE to let me load ANYTHING onto it!

It's actually a known problem that's never been addressed in 10.
    I'll *try* 11, to see if this incredibly irritating limitating bug has been fixed, but I'd just as soon stay on 9, which works fine.
    (That rhymed!)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    francis wrote
    I just watched this youtube clip on the major differences;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0Jj6OoRa18

I'm not a fan of the new tracklisting as it looks less organised. Thor is there still a cover flow?

I couldn't find it, no.

When I click 'album' display (which I always use), there is only one set display -- white background, relatively big covers. No way to edit that I could find. Annoying.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Contacting iTunes (or Apple) support is near-to-impossible, I found out, so I've posted my query on the messageboards they have. Hopefully, someone will respond.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Not at all, i contacted apple numerous times and they were really polite! You have to log into your itunes profile and then http://www.apple.com/support/contact/ then get started, my topic is not listed and eventually you'll reach them!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Depends on whether your product is still under warranty, I guess.
    I've tried several times to bring my issue (described a few posts up) to their attention, and never even got so much as an acknowledgement.

Talking about warranty, I've just found out that Apple is not supporting iPad 1 any more (so no more updates, upgrades or security patches). So, e.g., I can't upgrade to iOS 6.
    After a miserable two years.

I know it's not a one-to-one comparison, but in contrast to realising that Windows XP received 14 years of support, this paltry two years is a bit galling.
    And no, I'm not gonna buy a ridiculously priced iPad 2 or 3.

I'm becoming ever increasingly disenchanted with Apple (and I never was much of a fan to begin with).
    I hate that they're the only company to provision a small, handy MP3 player with (currently) still the best available capacity, because I would be ecstatic dumping the whole brand altogether.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    They answered one problem i had with my itunes purchases very fast and polite but i didn't try anything else yet. Well yeah their marketing is ridiculous, i got ipad 2 last year and there's already 3 and 4, ipad mini out and rumous of 5 soon!! Ridiculous but since people are loading their hard-earned cash to them, it's no wonder they keep doing it. It's been like that before but after Steve Jobs' death, they've exaggerated that method even more.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    New doesn't necessarily mean better, as this version of Itunes proves. I'll stick to my current one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Maybe I'm missing something, but I have not been able to get through to a customer service person. I'll always end back at some FAQ site that doesn't answer my question.

And the query I put out on the messageboard seems to have been deleted or something.

This is really, really hard!

Here's the closest I get:

1. I go here: http://www.apple.com/support/contact/
    2. Click 'get started'
    3. Click 'iTunes' --> 'iTunes player'
    4. Click 'Library & Content management' --> "Playing and managing content in iTunes"

I get a phone possibility. What I need is to send an e-mail.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thor, in your pm's you'll find the email address from which i got a perfect solution for my itunes case a while back. But i had a purchase, money problem. Not something that bothered me and couldn't find how to change it. They might now answer to you but you'll never know unless you try. Oh and you didn't get this email from me though! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    OK, thank you!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    This version of iTunes is a significant downgrade. All the added features are relitivily useless and are gimmicky.

What is with the gigantic font size?

I will NEVER use the new tabs. I'm currently using the old school three columns up top (Genre, Artist, Album) and the list of songs on the bottom with the left had sidebar activated. What REALLY pisses me off is that he got rid of the artwork panel which has been located in the bottom left hand corner of the app. since it was first released. How utterly retarded. And for the first time ever... and mean ever... iTunes crashed on me yesterday! First Final Cut Pro X now this. Terrible!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Final Cut pro x is retarded, all professionals who have been using it are turning back to the superior 7th version. Same with this itunes it seems (you can always get back to the 10th version from filehippo.com). It seems that the new Apple management, with their constant product changes and price drops (relative to the past) are looking for a change of buyers. They're shifting from the serious professionals of the past, to the masses; kids, teens, social media. After all the new itunes says it's more social oriented, in its installation menu. Go figure...
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Going back to iTunes 10.7 is a royal pain the ass even if I do a restore from Time Machine. I'll then have to rescue the backed-up library, restore playlists (if possible), play counts and whatnot. Too much of a hassle. Hopefully, Apple reads all the complaints and adds a patch to restore some of the stuff that was idiotically removed from the app.

Another stupid omission. In mini player there is no progress bar and the volume controls are now in Airplay. Who thought this was a good idea?

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Hopefully, a future update from iTunes will remedy some of these issues.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2012 edited
    Demetris wrote
    Final Cut pro x is retarded, all professionals who have been using it are turning back to the superior 7th version.

I have to disagree here, I find it much easier to work with and less time consuming. I've worked with both versions and X gets the job done quicker IMO.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    francis wrote
    Demetris wrote
    Final Cut pro x is retarded, all professionals who have been using it are turning back to the superior 7th version.

I have to disagree here, I find it much easier to work with and less time consuming. I've worked with both versions and X gets the job done quicker IMO.

It's a flashy windows movie maker whilst they took out all the manual customization features that made final cut pro a professional software.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    francis wrote
    Demetris wrote

I've been a Final Cut user for a very, very long time and FCPX is garbage. More like iMovie Pro. iMovie is garbage.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    francis wrote
    Demetris wrote

I've been a Final Cut user for a very, very long time and FCPX is garbage. More like iMovie Pro. iMovie is garbage.

-Erik-

Exactly my friend smile
  2. Sounds like I did the right thing with just sticking with the version of iTunes I had originally and have gotten used to?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    You know what... I usually do, too. No one to blame really but myself... and Apple!

-Erik-