• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2013
    There is? If so, I'd love to know where it can be found.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Thor wrote

I am not sure this is the correct one but I can't remember what it was I did but want to just go through things to see if they help.

Open iTunes > View > Show View Options...are "iCloud Download" and "iCloud Status" boxes ticked? If they are, try unticking them. Does this make a difference?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. FalkirkBairn wrote
    Thor wrote

I am not sure this is the correct one but I can't remember what it was I did but want to just go through things to see if they help.

Open iTunes > View > Show View Options...are "iCloud Download" and "iCloud Status" boxes ticked? If they are, try unticking them. Does this make a difference?

Not sure this will make a difference.

Try the following also.

Open iTunes > Edit > Preferences...then view the "Store" tab. Is the "Show iTunes in the Cloud purchases" box ticked? Try unticking it if it is. Does this make a difference?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. Also Thor, in the Edit > Preferences...view the "Advanced" tab. Is the "Keep iTunes media folder organised" box ticked? If it is then try unticking it. I don't have it ticked and (I think) this allows me the option of doing what I want with the tracks I download. I can then choose to put them in my library when I manually copy the files to the "Automatically Add to iTunes" folder.

The "Automatically Add to iTunes" folder will be in the "My Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/" location.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2013
    Yeah, I always have the 'Keep iTunes media folder organized" box unticked.

FalkirkBairn wrote
    Open iTunes > Edit > Preferences...then view the "Store" tab. Is the "Show iTunes in the Cloud purchases" box ticked? Try unticking it if it is. Does this make a difference?

I unticked this. However, now that I've downloaded the track again and put it in the right album, I'm not sure I dare to delete it again, as I may fall in the same trap again. When I right-click the file and try to delete, I get some options that I don't normally do when I delete tracks -- that has to do with deleting it from multiple units and crap like that.

Why is it so hard to get through to iTunes' skull that I ONLY use iTunes on my computer (or when I synch it up to my iPod)? I have ZERO interest in lofty clouds.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Is the track you are trying to delete on your PC or are your trying to delete the iCloud version?
  5. Have you tried moving or copying the track somewhere else of your hard drive so that you have a copy saved elsewhere?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2013
    I'm trying to delete it from my library, not my PC. That seems impossible, however. All it does it to make the file unplayable, but it is displayed and a cloud icon is displayed next to it so that I can download it again (even that didn't work for a few days untill it just did today). It's difficult to explain this; it's something that is better shown.
    I am extremely serious.
  6. By a horrible trick of fate I had the same problem today. I had song that was greyed out in my library that I couldn't delete - there was no option to do anything. I tried to redownload it but this download seemed to be stuck because of the original one that I couldn't delete.

The problem I had was that the original track - the one that I could not play was stuck at "processing - 100%". And since it appeared to be in limbo - appearing in my library but not finished downloading - I couldn't do anything with it.

I am not sure whether this is the same situation for you Thor but I found a solution that (so far) seems to have worked. This file has no disappeared from my library. If you use Windows Explorer to access your iTunes folder and you head for "iTunes > iTunes Media > Downloads" is there temp folder for the offending track (*.tmp)? In this folder there is the incomplete download called "download.m4a" (again, this was my situation and may not be yours). I deleted this folder and restarted iTunes (this was difficult to do and I had to reboot my computer). When the PC restarted, iTunes restarted, the song was no longer in my library and the temp folder was also gone. Unfortunately, as far as I can see the record of the purchase had gone too - but I haven't looked to see if it is in my purchased section in the iTunes store.

Like I say, this may not offer a solution for you but it may be worth checking to see if there is a temporary folder/file for your offending track.
  7. I'm wondering why, when I play my favourites playlist - shuffling by album - iTunes decides to play a selection from a score beginning with the letter B or C and then plays one beginning either L or M and then goes back and plays another B/C album. It sometimes throws me and inserts a seemingly random letter into the mix sometime, but usually the same small selection of letters keep being used.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2014 edited
    This is a little like the well known "iTunes shuffle isn't really random" issue, but oddly your shuffle doesn't seem to throw up the exact same order of albums each time, but rather stick to a certain limited range of albums.
    Very odd.
    Nevertheless, did you try the disable/enable shuffle option that is generally the solution for the 'static shuffle list' issue?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  8. Thanks for the comment Martijn. I was familiar with the fixed nature of iTune's "random" shuffle but this seemed to be a bit of a variation on that.

It's weird because I am adding tracks to this list daily but it doesn't really seem to make much difference to the preferred place in the album list that iTunes seems to favour. I'm just waiting for when the B and C albums are all used up and then see what it does. Then I may look into trying to mix it up a bit.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2014
    All of a sudden, all the music in iTunes is playing at an extremely low volume, even though the volume is set to max. This is not a problem outside iTunes, and it happened today. What gives?
    I am extremely serious.
  9. With iTunes playing, open the pc's general volume controls... is iTunes set to low? Windows seems able to remember different volumes for different programs (which I only recently found out when trying to work out why winamp was so quiet but mediaplayer was loud). Anyway, just a thought. good luck!
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
  10. Synchrotones wrote
    With iTunes playing, open the pc's general volume controls... is iTunes set to low? Windows seems able to remember different volumes for different programs (which I only recently found out when trying to work out why winamp was so quiet but mediaplayer was loud). Anyway, just a thought. good luck!

This is probably your best bet for a solution Thor.

I have found though that, on occasion, one change in a programme's volume can change all the volume settings. I can't remember now what it was but it was very annoying.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2014 edited
    Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, it doesn't have anything to do with that (that I can see). Even when both iTunes and general PC volume are maxed, it's still much, much lower than other players and media playback. This is annoying when I'm switching programs (like Youtube or Spotify, for example) and the sound comes BOOMING out of the speakers. But obviously also annoying when I use iTunes itself.

Incidentally, how does one edit and change these settings for individual programs?
    I am extremely serious.
  11. Have you taken a look at iTunes' graphic equalizer? Maybe there is a volume control there also?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2014
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Have you taken a look at iTunes' graphic equalizer? Maybe there is a volume control there also?

Where can I find that?
    I am extremely serious.
  12. Thor wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Have you taken a look at iTunes' graphic equalizer? Maybe there is a volume control there also?

Where can I find that?

In iTunes click on "View" and then "Show Equalizer". This brings up the graphic equalizer. On the left there should be a sliding option called "Preamp" with an "On/Off" checkbox. I my case the checkbox is ticked and the slider is in the middle of the scale.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2014 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Thor wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

Where can I find that?

In iTunes click on "View" and then "Show Equalizer". This brings up the graphic equalizer. On the left there should be a sliding option called "Preamp" with an "On/Off" checkbox. I my case the checkbox is ticked and the slider is in the middle of the scale.

Thanks. One has to uncheck it, then adjust, then re-check it for the changes to apply. Never knew about this. I think the volume was raised a bit now that it's over the middle.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2014
    I've always wondered if iTunes has this feature:

I've been adding so many new albums lately, that I can't even remember what I've added. As such, it would be brilliant if iTunes had a feature whereby you could see the 'latest album additions'. Is there such a thing?
    I am extremely serious.
  13. If you go to "view options", you can activate "date added" and then sort by that. If that helps.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2014 edited
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    If you go to "view options", you can activate "date added" and then sort by that. If that helps.

I can't find it in 'view options' (if I understood 'view options' correctly)....
    I am extremely serious.
  14. In the View tab, there should be something called View Options (alternatively, try ctrl+j). That should open a window full of check marks with stuff like artist, year, album, time etc. One of the options should be "Date Added"; check that to add a new "Date Added" column. Then you can go back to the main iTunes window and you can sort all your music by when you added it by clicking on the heading of the new "Date Added" column.

I should probably point out that I'm still using iTunes 10 (didn't like the look of iTunes 11 so decided not to get the upgrade), so all of this might not be useful at all. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2014
    Unfortunately, there is no 'date added'. Only artist, title, genre, year and evaluation. sad

But thanks.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2014
    There is a date added column. Or make a smart playlist which only includes albums added in the past two, three months.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2014 edited
    Yeah, I found it. What I had to do is to right-click on the mouse while it hovers over the column field (in "song" mode) -- then you get more alternatives. Unfortunately, it only works with "song" mode, not "album" mode which I use.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2014 edited
    As Erik said, make a 'recently added' smart playlist. You can set either how many albums, songs, MBs/GBs you want to appear in the list, or you can set it to a timeframe.

You can also adjust the volume of songs while you play them.

Okay, that was mean.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2014
    Damn, the volume is low again -- and doesn't reset itself to the normal level even when I follow the procedure from a few posts up. Why does this keep happening?

All the other media players work at the normal volume.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2014
    Hopefully there is a simple solution to this mild irritant. On the current version of iTunes (for Windows), when I edit an album's Metadata, it waits for me to input the first word of say the Artist and then as soon as I press space it decides I want the first thing it can think of and makes me then go and re-edit in order to put in the second word I actually want. So for example if I want to change artist to John Williams, it waits till I type in John then it decides I must mean John Barry and therefore selects that. I then have to edit the artist again and overtype Barry with Williams.