• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2015
    No. I'll try when I'm sober.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2015
    But it's Thursday?! Nevermind...

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2015 edited
    Thursday is a good day to get drunk.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2015
    Fuck, the album art thing is annoying.

Do not UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE download this update. Let me be the guinea pig here. Now I will at the very least continue updating in the hope that they'll fix this. It can't become much worse.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2015 edited
    Just step it on down, Thor.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Martijn wrote
    Just step it on down, Thor.

Sounds risky. I don't want to lose my whole library and/or set-up. The guy says there are issues with this procedure in Windows 7, which is what I have.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    C'mon now, Thor. I can't do all your Google work FOR you!

Another workaround would be to simply make a backup first of your entire system, so you could go back should you screw it up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    'Back up your music' should be in The Ten Commandments.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I won't lose my actual music files by uninstalling iTunes, of course, but I could potentially lose the library file in iTunes -- and then it would be a HELL of a lot of work to get my albums back in; in the right style and order.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I said SYSTEM backup. Not file backup.
    Although just making a reserve copy of your iTunes library files should be enough.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Martijn wrote
    Although just making a reserve copy of your iTunes library files should be enough.

yeah
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Martijn wrote

Sorry, but this is getting too advanced for me. I'm rather stupid in all things computer compared to many here.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    OK, I randomly stumbled on one "solution", sort of.

I can copy a picture online, then press ctrl-v in the SMALL window in the top left corner in the 'add album art' area. I cannot right-click the mouse and paste, however.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Not sure whether this is the result of a ploy by Apple to force people to upgrade to the latest version of iTunes - or whether it is a problem with iTunes/just for me...

Anyone know what the iTunes error 5002 is? Messageboards have a whole host of possible errors but I was wondering if anyone knew what it actually is?

And, possibly on a related issue, after having logged out and back in again, when I click on the "iTunes Store" to take me to the store I get the information window telling me that this (i.e., the iTunes Store) us currently unavailable in the UK.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. FalkirkBairn wrote
    Not sure whether this is the result of a ploy by Apple to force people to upgrade to the latest version of iTunes - or whether it is a problem with iTunes/just for me...

Anyone know what the iTunes error 5002 is? Messageboards have a whole host of possible errors but I was wondering if anyone knew what it actually is?

And, possibly on a related issue, after having logged out and back in again, when I click on the "iTunes Store" to take me to the store I get the information window telling me that this (i.e., the iTunes Store) us currently unavailable in the UK.

Stand down everyone! It seems to have resolved itself on its own.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2015
    FalkirkBairn wrote

It's the universally unhelpful 'unknown error' code.
  3. Yes, these codes seem to be completely meaningless.
  4. Minor inconvenience, but incredibly frustrating: when I delete a track from a playlist it deletes the one next to it as well! Any ideas as to what's going on? crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2016 edited
    I've gotten a promo of A.R. Rahman's MUHAMMED: MESSENGER OF GOD (well, the title is irrelevant, really), but when I import it to iTunes, track 1 and 2 are placed at the end of the album. I go in to edit the track to specify 'track 1' etc., but they still won't move to the top. What gives?
    I am extremely serious.
  5. Check and see whether those tracks aren't indexed to a disc number or something; also that the album artist is consistent for the entire album.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2016
    Thor wrote
    I've gotten a promo of A.R. Rahman's MUHAMMED: MESSENGER OF GOD (well, the title is irrelevant, really), but when I import it to iTunes, track 1 and 2 are placed at the end of the album. I go in to edit the track to specify 'track 1' etc., but they still won't move to the top. What gives?

Exactly the same for me and I spent ages trying to figure it out (and failed). Fortunately when transferred to the iPod it appears in the correct order. Mysterious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Check and see whether those tracks aren't indexed to a disc number or something; also that the album artist is consistent for the entire album.

Both of those things are as they should be. Clearly, there must be something going on a micro level (data written into the track itself that is not edit-able in iTunes) or something.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Those two tracks do actually have a different "Sort album as..." set, but changing it to be the same as everything else doesn't seem to make any difference. I don't know if that's one of the things that iTunes now irritatingly "remembers" somehow from original settings, regardless of what you change it to.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2016 edited
    You have to change the sorting options. Make sure the Album, Album Artist, Artists and Composer are the same as the Sort As tag. I have the same promo as you guys. It's all fine on my end.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Erik Woods wrote
    You have to change the sorting options. Make sure the Album, Album Artist, Artists and Composer are the same as the Sort As tag. I have the same promo as you guys. It's all fine on my end.

-Erik-

That did the trick, thanks! Just deleted the "mixed" boxes in the 'sort as' tag.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2016 edited
    So I got an album, and wanted to edit some of the information. But iTunes won't let me. Nothing happens when I press "OK" after I've edited. Is there a "lock" of some kind preventing me from doing this?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2016
    Nevermind. I found out it was a good, ol' 'write protection' in the files themselves.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2016
    Hi guys, need your help here. I am using itunes 10 on an old but trusty mac ppc g5 for my music hard disk (4 terra) and spotify here at the side at office. is there a way in music-albums, on the thumbnail view of whole albums, to sort (arrange) by date added or date modified or something? i can only get alphabetical sorting of albums here. thank you
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2016 edited
    Demetris wrote
    Hi guys, need your help here. I am using itunes 10 on an old but trusty mac ppc g5 for my music hard disk (4 terra) and spotify here at the side at office. is there a way in music-albums, on the thumbnail view of whole albums, to sort (arrange) by date added or date modified or something? i can only get alphabetical sorting of albums here. thank you

I don't think there's any way you can arrange the albums by date in 'thumbnail' view. You have to enter 'song view', and then click the 'date added' column from there. But Erik is the expert here; I have iTunes 12, so I can't doublecheck my own. In iTunes 12, there is a bar on top -- even in thumbnail view -- that says 'Recently added', and that included the recent 50-60 albums added. I don't remember if iTunes 10 had that.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2016
    thank you Thor, ppc g5 only lets me update up to 10 and i am happy with it. will try your solution thank you
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.