• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2016
    Also any way to clear out automatically or semi-automatically anyway the duplicate songs? or is it only manual selecting each duplicate and deleting them ? thanks
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Only manual as far as I know, but you'll want to do it that way anyways because iTunes isn't necessarily smart about these things (i.e. it'll flag any two tracks called "Main Titles" or "End Credits" or whatever by the same artist, even if they're from different scores).
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I know there's a site of Apple scripts that are REALLY useful for this. Let me try and dig it up.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    http://dougscripts.com/apps/dupinapp.php
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    That's the one. shame
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2016
    On my album of Ola Kvernberg's NORTH, all the tracks are marked with "clean" -- like, I guess, you see on some rap albums with juicy lyrics. But this isn't that. How do I remove these "tags"?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAsuaMM00iA
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Cheers!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2017
    So I made a playlist, and everything was fine.

Next day, and I want to edit the list. But whenever I click a track to move it up or down, I can't. A blue frame appears around the whole selection. What gives? Have I write-protected it involuntarily or something? How do I change it back?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2017
    Anyone?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Make sure none of the sorting headers - Name or Title or Album, etc. - are highlighted. If one of those columns are sorted then you can't reorder the tracks manually. Instead, click the first column to the left of the NAME column and make sure the arrow is pointing up. Now you should be able to manually sort again.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Erik Woods wrote
    Make sure none of the sorting headers - Name or Title or Album, etc. - are highlighted. If one of those columns are sorted then you can't reorder the tracks manually. Instead, click the first column to the left of the NAME column and make sure the arrow is pointing up. Now you should be able to manually sort again.

-Erik-

Ha! Right you were. So easy. Cheers! smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2017 edited
    Dammit, I "accidentally" updated my iTunes, and the new version is EXTREMELY sluggish and lagging. Why is it that with every update, they manage to make it worse and worse?

Is there any "safe" way I can revert to the previous version?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2017
    I loved a joke I saw a couple of years ago about how miraculous it was that every year Apple managed to find people to work on updating iTunes who didn't like music and had never used a computer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2017 edited
    Fuck this update!

I wanted to see how many scores I have from the year 1999, but I can't seem to find the way to do it. With the earlier version, I could have the albums listed as a list with different columns, and I could click the 'year' column to sort. Now with this newest version, I can't seem to find it.

Anyone?

Btw, every time I click something (at all!), I have to wait 10 seconds because it lags. So navigating around in iTunes has now become a MAJOR hassle.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2017
    Nevermind, I found it.

But damn, I still hate this latest update.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. I don't use iTunes other than to purchase music (hardly ever for just listening). It's just to have them in a legal way. I listen through other means. I too got the notification to install an update.
    I will not be doing that because Thor has said it sucks donkey balls.

Thanks for the warning ! Let's keep this thread bumped so I shall not succumb to what Apple wants me to do. wink
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I think the former version of iTunes that I had installed worked fine. This new one, not so much. Perhaps my computer is too old for handling the new software, but the constant lagging is insanely annoying. I've never experienced anything like this before.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. The more stuff one installs on an computer, the slower it becomes. But since I did a clean install of Windows 7 * on my now ancient rig and installed the OS on an SSD, my pc has essentially kept its startup and working speed, it hasn't slowed down at all since almost 2 years ago. I'm actually pretty surprised by this.

* I will not be upgrading to the crap that Microsoft wants me to use called Windows 10.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  4. I'm quite happy with Windows 10. You have to take care of the leaks of course. And get rid of Cortana. After that its W7 deluxe.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  5. How do you actually get rid of Cortana? Not that it works in Polish.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  6. You have to do a fix in the Regestry. I would have to look it up myself now, but it's easy to find really. It's still there in the background actually, but it's not part of the START menu anymore. Or so I believe. I might reappear with updates. So far it didn't.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  7. Windows 10 is okay. I stuck with 7 as long as possible but circumstances arose that forced me to go to 10. Wasn't happy at first but honestly, I got used to it really quickly.
  8. It's the whole presentation of 10 that annoys me. Cannot get used to how everything works (or doesn't to be exact). 20 year younger me wouldn't have minded as much as the now me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Even I don't have any major issues with Windows 10, and I hate everything.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2017 edited
    I ask again -- is there ANY way at all to revert back to an earlier version of iTunes (from 12)? The current version is simply too sluggish to work; I often have to wait up to 20 seconds to do anything when I change, say, from 'genre view' to 'album view'. When I type in the search field, it takes 5 seconds to react for each letter I type!

And by revert back, I mean a way that doesn't destroy my massive iTunes library?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2017
    http://bfy.tw/C8zG
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2017 edited
    I tried googling around, but alas found no relevant help for my situation, with my software (Windows 7, PC). Not without risking my whole library, anyway (backup or no backup, it would still be hellish to import my 1500 albums all over again if I succeeded with the revert).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2018 edited
    Once in a while, I'd like to put my whole library in shuffle mode, but I can't seem to make this work in iTunes 12. When I click the shuffle icon, nothing happens. Any suggestions?
    I am extremely serious.
  9. Thor wrote
    Once in a while, I'd like to put my whole library in shuffle mode, but I can't seem to make this work in iTunes 12. When I click the shuffle icon, nothing happens. Any suggestions?

If you have a big library maybe it's taking a while for it to do? Doesn't iTunes have to create a shuffled list of your whole library before playing it rather than playing a song then choosing the next, then choosing the next, etc.?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn