• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Can't you remove the 1/2 2/2 tag with some mp3 tag editor? I'm using mp3tag.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2018 edited
    No, I've added those tags myself. They were supposed to make the two things merge (the Disc 1 and 2 thus only being visible in ONE album). But despite having identical tags, they still display as two albums.

By the way, the two CDs are in two separate folders on my harddrive, but that shouldn't make a difference when tagging the albums for iTunes use.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Are they subfolders of the same THE CORE folder? Doesn't iTunes treat separate folders as separate albums?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Are they subfolders of the same THE CORE folder? Doesn't iTunes treat separate folders as separate albums?

Yes, they are sub folders, but I've never had this problem before. I've always had each CD in their respective sub folder for multiple CD sets, and it's never caused a problem when "assembling" them in iTunes. Weird.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2018
    Make sure all of your SORTING tags are all the same. Sometimes different sorting tags can separate albums.

-Erik-
    host and producer of CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Erik Woods wrote
    Make sure all of your SORTING tags are all the same. Sometimes different sorting tags can separate albums.

-Erik-

They are the same.

I even tried to remove the 'disc 1/2' tags in the hope they would merge (and I could separate them afterwards), but that didn't work either.

I guess I could try to put the CDs in the same folder, rename the tracks, import the album and then try to separate them in disc 1/2 again inside iTunes. But lots of work!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2018
    Make sure you are checking the SORTING TAGS. They are in a separate tab from your main tags. SORTING TAGS allow you to sort your music without impacting your main tags like NAME, ALBUM, ALBUM ARTIST, ARTIST and COMPOSER.

Once you highlight all the tracks in the album you want to change, click get info and look for the SORTING TAB, not the DETAILS tab.

BTW, moving your music to another folder won't matter. This has everything to do with Metatags.

-Erik-
    host and producer of CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2018 edited
    Yeah, I did check the 'sorting tag', not the 'details tag'. They are identical. Everything is identical, so they should have merged.

Perhaps there's something I need to do with the files themselves? They're not write-protected or anything.

It's bizarre. This has never happened before; there's always been some small detail I've overlooked that has prevented the merge, but I've looked it over again and again and again. I can't find anything, in any tags, that is different.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2018
    Send me a track from disc 1 and disc 2 and I’ll have a look for you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    OK, done!Thanks!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Just what I thought.

Your album titles are different.

Disc One is labeled as The Core . Disc two is labeled as The Core. You have a single blank space after the "e" on disc one.

So, highlight every single track in the album and rename it The Core.

Fixed.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Aaaargh. So were WAS a tiny detail I overlooked after all!

Thanks for looking at it with a keen eye, Erik.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Any time my friend!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2018 edited
    [Nevermind...I think I sorted it out]
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Does anyone know if you can change track numbers of multiple tracks at once (other than changing them all to the same number)?

I often cut tracks into smaller parts, and it's annoying if, say, I decide to cut track #2 of a 20-track score into two parts and then have to manually add +1 to every track after it. Does anyone know of a way to do that more efficiently and in a less time-consuming manner?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2018
    I don't think there is. One of the major hassles of iTunes -- you can't just click-and-drop sequence of album tracks (unless you're doing playlists), but have to add each track number manually.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2018
    This might work for you... as long as you are an Apple user.

https://dougscripts.com/itunes/scripts/ … numbertags

-Erik-
  4. Ah, sadly I am not. Thanks anyway. smile