• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2018
    I've always just pressed the shuffle button, and it's jumped around the whole library. But googling around, this seems to be an issue with 12. I've tried some of the suggestions various places, but nothing has worked so far.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Rule #1 of iTunes: never update until the dust settles and you can check what Apple has managed to mess up this time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2018
    Yeah, I learned that the hard way.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2018
    Make sure Shuffle SONGS is selected and not ALBUM or GROUPING. Works fine on my end!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2018
    Doesn't work for me. Even in 'song' mode, it only shuffles the album I'm playing, not the whole library.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2018
    I found a shortcut.

I have to let an album play out, so that nothing is playing. Simply pressing the pause button, and the shuffle does nothing. But if an album has ended, the shuffle works.

Bizarre.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2018 edited
    [Nevermind]
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorKerryling
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2018
    Here, let's talk about iTunes files. files purchased from iTunes store are protected by the stuff,called DRM technology. As a result, you are not able to use them as you like, even if you purchased them legally. But luckily, if you used them for personal use, you can use iTunes Media Converter Software to release this limitation and use iTunes files according to your need. But don't use for commercial usage. Apple will blame you for that.
  2. Are you in any way associated with that DRMare company?
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  3. Captain Future wrote
    Are you in any way associated with that DRMare company?

I would tbink so.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2018
    Files by iTunes do not use a DRM, that is spam. I have been listening to my iTunes music on my android phone for years now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2018 edited
    How can I sort the albums from each composer by year in iTunes 12?

I have album view (covers) in alphabetical order, but within each composer, I want chronological.

I seem to remember this was an option in previous incarnations before, but I have no I idea how it works now.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2018
    Thor wrote
    How can I sort the albums from each composer by year in iTunes 12?

Select the composer and then sort by year.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I'm not sure that works.

I have all albums on display. Then I want to sort them alphabetically by composer, and below that by year. If you have a walkthrough for this, I'd appreciate it. I need to organize stuff to know what it is I'm missing (pr. the "loss of ALL music" dilemma).

[btw, I'm completely sloshed drunk tonight, so I'll be checking this out tomorow]
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Thor wrote
    [btw, I'm completely sloshed drunk tonight]

Again?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Always.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Click on the album column. Keep clicking until you see 'album by artist/year'
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/jsq9q189g1bwi … s.png?dl=0

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Hmmm....I don't have that display. I always prefer to have the album graphics grid. But I think I found it -- first click 'view', then 'sort by', and then there's a SECOND 'sort by' in the drop-down menu.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2018
    Another thing:

Is there a way for iTunes to organize artists that start with numbers (like 10CC) to be listed in the beginning, not at the end after Z?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Yup.

Highlight ENTIRE album. Right click and select GET INFO. Go to SORTING tab.

In SORT AS do the following....

Let's say I'm sorting '2001'. Keep the ALBUM as '2001' but sort the album as 'a 2001' That'll move the album to the top of the list.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Erik Woods wrote
    Yup.

Highlight ENTIRE album. Right click and select GET INFO. Go to SORTING tab.

In SORT AS do the following....

Let's say I'm sorting '2001'. Keep the ALBUM as '2001' but sort the album as 'a 2001' That'll move the album to the top of the list.

-Erik-

Thanks! Alas, that didn't help. The albums are still at the bottom (be aware that I always list album graphics; not sure if that has any impact -- I right-click the album cover; should I highlight all tracks and right-click them instead?).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Highlight all the tracks in the album and apply my instructions above.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2018
    Tried again, didn't work. I kept "Bloody Tourists" as the name of the album, but then put 10CC in the "sort as" box right beneath it, and nothing happened. Like this, right?

http://celluloidtunes.no/_oldsite/non-w … itunes.jpg
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2018 edited
    Thor wrote
    Tried again, didn't work. I kept "Bloody Tourists" as the name of the album, but then put 10CC in the "sort as" box right beneath it, and nothing happened. Like this, right?

http://celluloidtunes.no/_oldsite/non-w … itunes.jpg

No... copy and paste the following into your ALBUM ARTIST, ARTIST and COMPOSER SORT AS column.

a 10CC

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2018 edited
    A! OK, forgot the A, and to have it in more columns. It was stilled placed AFTER A.R. Rahman, but I assume that's because it reads 10 as a 'T'.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Or the full stop after the A takes precedent over the 1 in the list.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Or the full stop after the A takes precedent over the 1 in the list.

Yeah, I tried different versions, like a.a.10cc, but that seemingly didn't help. No biggie, though.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    a 10CC.

You need a space between the a and the title of the album.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Erik Woods wrote
    a 10CC.

You need a space between the a and the title of the album.

-Erik-

It's all in the details! That did the trick! punk
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2018
    I've received Chris Young's THE CORE, but I can't seem to get the 2CD set to merge into one unit in iTunes (even if all the info is the same -- except that one is labeled Disc 1 of 2, and the other 2 of 2). Any suggestions?
    I am extremely serious.