• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Thor wrote
    As someone who never listens to film music because of the film (in fact, the film is as far as humanly possible away from me when I listen to soundtracks), I guess this topic's not for me.

More than half my soundtracks I haven't seen the movie to either. I just thought if there was a memorable part of the film, which had either partly lead to that track of music becoming your favorite or had just made your favorite track memorable. I thought it'd be interesting to hear. But please, you don't have to see the film or fill in the 'Moment in the Film' part to participate, if you haven't seen the movie. But it'd love to hear what your favorite track from Braveheart is or the next film that get's posted. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2009 edited
    Do we have to stick with one film at a time, or can we simply choose a film and a track? confused
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Probably better if we do the latter, as I don't own Braveheart. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Anthony wrote
    Probably better if we do the latter, as I don't own Braveheart. tongue

Agreed. tongue Well here's one from me:

Soundtrack: Hook - John Williams
    Track of Sound: (13) Remembering Childhood
    Moment In The Film: When Peter remembers his 'happy thoughts' and takes off soaring into the air.
    Why I Love It: The music from about 8:47 to the end is breathtaking, especially at (approx.) 9:22, 9:40, and 9:19 - 10:31. It gets a lot of plays from me.
  2. Anthony, here's a quote from my wife: "How can you be a soundtrack enthusiast and not own Braveheart?" She, by the way, is not a soundtrack enthusiast, but being married to me she can't help but know a thing or two.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2009
    Because I'm not a massive fan of Horner. Simple as that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    If you like film music, there must be some Horner that you like? Everyone likes a bit of Horner! confused
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    The Zorro's and Casper!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2009
    Is that it? What Horner scores have you heard?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I do like Batteries Not Included, and Swing Kids from Horner.
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Steven wrote

That's what I own. Scores I've heard include The Pagemaster, Jumanji, Titanic, Apollo 13, Commando and Krull.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony wrote

I am a big fan of Horner's music. Not Braveheart though so you're not alone. smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    sdtom wrote

They're his best.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Anthony wrote
    Steven wrote

That's what I own. Scores I've heard include The Pagemaster, Jumanji, Titanic, Apollo 13, Commando and Krull.

It's unfortunate you lack the desire to explore his back catalogue. He's produced some classics in his time.
  3. Anthony wrote

You don't have to be a massive Horner fan to enjoy Braveheart. That has to be one of his 5 best scores, imo. I would give it a shot if I were you. Although, if you've heard it and it's not your kind of music, by all means ignore it. I, for one, love it! It's the score that got me into movie music in the first place.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    christopher wrote
    Anthony wrote

You don't have to be a massive Horner fan to enjoy Braveheart. That has to be one of his 5 best scores, imo. I would give it a shot if I were you. Although, if you've heard it and it's not your kind of music, by all means ignore it. I, for one, love it! It's the score that got me into movie music in the first place.

It's fooking brilliant and everyone who doesn't think so are retards.....FACT!!!

I'm gonna play it now....
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    christopher wrote
    Anthony wrote

It's fooking brilliant and everyone who doesn't think so are retards.....FACT!!!

punk beer

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2009 edited
    Steven wrote
    sdtom wrote

They're his best.

biting wink

though I have a feeling Tom was taking the piss
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2009 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    sdtom wrote

They're his best.

biting wink

though I have a feeling Tom was taking the piss

So was I. Tom tries ever so hard to bait me. cheesy
  4. William wrote
    Soundtrack: Hook - John Williams
    Track of Sound: (13) Remembering Childhood
    Moment In The Film: When Peter remembers his 'happy thoughts' and takes off soaring into the air.
    Why I Love It: The music from about 8:47 to the end is breathtaking, especially at (approx.) 9:22, 9:40, and 9:19 - 10:31. It gets a lot of plays from me.

That's exactly my favorite track and part as well! Cool. smile
  5. Soundtrack: The Shawshank Redemption - Thomas Newman
    Track of Sound: (9) Suds On The Roof
    Moment In The Film: When Andy enjoys watching the beer he earned being guzzled by everyone else and has the feelings of peace and freedom wash over his face.
    Why I Love It: The cellos and horns are just hauntingly beautiful. The oboe just soars in my heart and makes me feel alive, just like Andy, every time I hear it.