• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Did anyone watch the rugby yesterday?

The Ireland vs France game was, by far, the best of the two games. England played very poorly against Italy - the scoreline (36-11) was not a reflection of how well England played.

This afternoon I'll be sat in front of the telly cheering on Scotland as they take on the current six-nations champions Wales. Unfortunately, Scotland have been pretty poor the last few years and I'm hoping for some reversal in our fortunes this year.

If things do go bad for Scotland this afternoon then I'll just have to re-read what happened to England's cricket team in the West Indies (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket … 877077.stm) to cheer me up.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2009
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    If things do go bad for Scotland this afternoon then I'll just have to re-read what happened to England's cricket team in the West Indies (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket … 877077.stm) to cheer me up.

crazy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Perhaps James could send you "that" union jack chair Alan!? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I've never seen Rugby.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    One English rugby player would annihilate a whole team of American footballers! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I don't particularly like rugby either. I know very little about it, though I do know that however poor England are, at least they're vastly superior to Scotland.
  2. Timmer wrote
    Perhaps James could send you "that" union jack chair Alan!? wink

No!! Not....THE CHAIR!

Poor result for Scotland today. Wales beat us quite convincingly. Doesn't look good for the rest of the games.

Maybe an administrator could just delete this thread!?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2009
    Steven wrote
    One English rugby player would annihilate a whole team of American footballers! biggrin

FACT!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2009
    France beat Scotland and I honestly couldn't decide which of these two evils I wanted to lose more! devil wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2009
    Aren't they playing in San Diego today?
  3. Timmer wrote
    France beat Scotland and I honestly couldn't decide which of these two evils I wanted to lose more! devil wink

Scotland played a bit better this week - though all those handling errors they made made it so hard for them to do anything constructive.

Tim, you forgot to mention the England result. Though England played much better than last week they were soundly beaten by Wales.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2009
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote

Scotland played a bit better this week - though all those handling errors they made made it so hard for them to do anything constructive.

Tim, you forgot to mention the England result. Though England played much better than last week they were soundly beaten by Wales.

Don't I know it! slant

I've invited an old friend for dinner today and because he speaks with an English accent it's easy to forget he was born and raised in Wales until an early age......I'll be receiving flak this afternoon.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2009
    Not an American sport
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    Not an American sport

No Tom, but it is kind of similar to American "Football".....except it's not as poncy!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    The NFL has taken things to levels I've never dreamed of
    •  
      CommentAuthorJon Broxton
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2009 edited
    sdtom wrote
    Not an American sport

Yes it is. It was being played in the United States long before gridiron. In fact, gridiron evolved out of rugby. The ONLY truly American team sports are basketball and lacrosse, both of whict were invented there, and did not develop out of an existing European game.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2009
    I realize Jon that it evolved into American Football. My point was that there is little or no interest other than on a college level. I've seen SDSU playing on my way to the baseball field.
    Thomas smile