• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. I was recently interviewed in a swedish newspaper. The interview was mainly because of my giant keychaincollection but I also mentioned my soundtrackcollection. The link is: www.bt.se/nyheter/mark/

Have fun even if you can`t swedish
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2009
    Haha, cool. That's an odd hobby though. wink
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2009
    Most original hobby i've ever heard biggrin biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Me, I collect anoraks! lick

(wink Hope it's a sympathetic article, Toby? Just asking as keychains and soundtracks -as far as the majority of people, and especially the media, is concerned- generally not the best cocktail party pickup lines make... slant )
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Hehe! Do you have 1898 'nyckelringar' ?? I like the one with the whoopee cushion!
    Perhaps I can have a look here and see if I have some Dutch ones for you?

Thanks for promoting film music. Although I'm not so sure we'll get rid of that geeky image any time soon!!
    wink
  2. Bregje wrote
    Hehe! Do you have 1898 'nyckelringar' ?? I like the one with the whoopee cushion!
    Perhaps I can have a look here and see if I have some Dutch ones for you?

Thanks for promoting film music. Although I'm not so sure we'll get rid of that geeky image any time soon!!
    wink

Yes I have 1898 (different) keychains or nyckelringar as it is called in swedish. I`ve been collecting keychains a lot longer than soundtracks but that doesn`t make me less interested in film music. Actually I think film music/soundtrackcollecting is closer to my heart than the keychaincollecting. And Bregje, that would be nice of you to see if you have something for me, I thank you in advance.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2009 edited
    Martijn wrote
    Me, I collect anoraks! lick

(wink Hope it's a sympathetic article, Toby? Just asking as keychains and soundtracks -as far as the majority of people, and especially the media, is concerned- generally not the best cocktail party pickup lines make... slant )

Actually, collecting soundtracks doesn't HAVE to be an off-putting pickup line. Depends on the WAY you say it. smile And obviously that you don't go on and on about it.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I've finally met someone who at the very least doesn't mind the listening experience of a soundtrack although she is really into my classical collection. She actually asked me this morning to play first "Perfect Fool" from Holst and then Resphigi's "Brazilian Impressions."
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Play her GLADIATOR next smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    We'll see
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote

Brilliant idea!!! rolleyes
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    Long live google translate!

Music has a key role in Tobias:
    "I have maybe some collector mania"

Mark yesterday 10:17 | Last updated yesterday 10:18

Tobias Börjesson from Skene's a real collectors.

Tobias Börjesson has the largest collection of instrumental soundtrack.
    In addition, he has 1 898 different key rings.
    - I have a little collector mania, "he says and laughs.

Tobias Börjesson from Skene looked much on film as a child. He was also attracted to the music and now he has 1046 records with instrumental filmusik.

- I hear daily on the soundtrack and it is not unusual that I rented the film because of the music.

But it is not the usual soundtrack where the songs often are not even in the movie.

- My discs are the real film music is specially composed for the film.

Favorite composer is Jerry Goldsmith and Tobias Börjesson has over 100 discs of his music.
    Goldsmith is one of Hollywood's most productive composers who have made music for films, 250-300, including the plane ofthe Twelve Monkeys, Alien, and Rambo.

- It is action-oriented music and it appeals to me.

Two years ago, Tobias Börjesson at an international film music conference in Madrid and got to meet their idols Alan Silvesteri (Night at the museum) and Christopher Young (Spider Man 3).
    - The three days were the best in my life.

Tobias Börjesson is also active in various forums on the internet and discussed "Holy Gral", that is, discs that are difficult to obtain and which can cost up to $ 500.

Apart from film music as he collects on key rings. He received the first of his grandmother and grandfather when they had been in Sri Lanka.
    - I thought that was nice and it became my thing to collect key rings.

Now it will be crowded on the boards covering the walls in the basement. He rarely buys herself, but may be of friends and the rings come from all over the world.
    - All I know know that I collect.

If he can duplicate counting, he does not enter them in the collection.
    What would happen if key rings destroyed?
    - I would be very sad because I had gathered in 21 years and it is Sweden's third largest collection.

The largest collection in Sweden is 9 400 key rings and the largest is at 21 000.
    - If I continue to accrue during the rest of my life so maybe I can get the largest collection.
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Not too bad for an automatic translator! It's actually comprehensible!

I love the bit about PLANE OF THE TWELVE MONKEYS, though, a more obscure feature in Goldsmith's output, about a league of wacky terrorist monkeys that take over an airplane. smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Brilliant idea!!! rolleyes

I know.
  3. Thor wrote
    Not too bad for an automatic translator! It's actually comprehensible!

I love the bit about PLANE OF THE TWELVE MONKEYS, though, a more obscure feature in Goldsmith's output, about a league of wacky terrorist monkeys that take over an airplane. smile

Yes, I remember that one. Didn't it star Bruce Willis, Charlton Heston, Brad Pitt and Samuel L. Jackson?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2011
    (Bump.)

I was wondering - does anyone here have an e-mail address for Toby? I PMed him here at MainTitles but he doesn't seem to be on here anymore. I just have a very small filmmusic-related inquiry to make.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2011
    fommes wrote
    (Bump.)

I was wondering - does anyone here have an e-mail address for Toby? I PMed him here at MainTitles but he doesn't seem to be on here anymore. I just have a very small filmmusic-related inquiry to make.

He's on facebook here:

http://www.facebook.com/tobias.borjesson?ref=ts

I don't believe I have his e-mail.
    I am extremely serious.