• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2009 edited
    MovieScore Media presents

THE HOME OF DARK BUTTERFLIES

Music Composed by
    PANU AALTIO

Sound clips and more info:
    http://www.moviescoremedia.com/butterflies.html

CD distributed by Screen Archives Entertainment:
    http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm?ID=11432

Download album on iTunes here:
    http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSt … p;s=143441

Finland's contribution to the 2009 Academy Awards, The Home of Dark Butterflies, features an astonishingly beautiful orchestral score penned by newcomer Panu Aaltio, a composer who has been working on many of Tuomas Kantelinen's scores as an assistant and orchestrator, and who also scored acclaimed Finnish horror film Sauna last year.

His score for The Home of Dark Butterflies is a deeply emotional work, recorded with a string orchestra in London, conducted by Matt Dunkley. 26-year old Aaltio makes prominent use of solo piano in his score, while his string writing has a stroke of minimalism that perhaps will remind some listeners of the work of Michael Nyman.

"The style of the music is somewhat different from what I had done before. I’ve always had minimalist influences in my work, influenced by my background in electronic music as well as classical. But here we went an extra step into that direction," the composer says. "And the instrumentation in the music is purposefully cold to match the look and atmosphere of the film."

Panu Aaltio's score for The Home of Dark Butterflies was nominated to the 2009 Jussi Award in Finland.

MMS09005 THE HOME OF DARK BUTTERFLIES - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
    Music Composed by PANU AALTIO
    Release date: February 10, 2009.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2009
    Alright! I've listened to the samples and I can't wait to get this one. It sounds lovely!
    Just one question... will this be available on FilmMusicDownloads or is it only CD/Itunes?
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2009
    Hi, the Film Music Downloads shop will be discontinued. In its current form, that is. All music will be available in 320 kbit mp3 format from our site, but we are working on solving the logistics!

mc
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2009
    Anyone heard this yet?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    moviescore wrote
    Hi, the Film Music Downloads shop will be discontinued. In its current form, that is. All music will be available in 320 kbit mp3 format from our site, but we are working on solving the logistics!

Hey!
    I missed this!

What's going on?
    Is there going to be an alternative?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. Bregt wrote
    Anyone heard this yet?

nope, but I'm going to
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Just bought it on iTunes (a first! woohoo), the sound clips sounded fantastic!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2009 edited
    Holy! Memories in the Water is absolutely stunning! It's not very unique or whatever, but it sure drives the tension and drama, backed by the beautiful main theme, it's a very strong piece.
    Kazoo
  2. I really like this score. The theme at the core of it is very simple, but very moving.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  3. Mikael,

Could you let me know when this becomes available from your new store?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  4. FalkirkBairn wrote
    Mikael,

Could you let me know when this becomes available from your new store?

purchase it Alan, it is really a beautiful score
    review coming soon smile
  5. I shall - when it becomes available at Mikael's new online shop. I've listened to the clips and really like them.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2009
    Intrada has shipped this along with Memories of Me. I should be getting it anytime now smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2009
    Another VERY impressive release by MovieScore Media, already topping some of the best scores of this year, with this and Red Canvas, Imago Mortis and Alexandra.

COngrats Mikael.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2010
    A stunning score, no matter how many times i've revisited since (and they're a lot smile ) Anyone who's also seen the movie can comment?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  6. nope, haven't seen the movie, but it's a great score indeed