• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2009
    Long before Christopher Gordon this composer, IMO, was Australia's finest film composer, it's just a criminal shame that there is barely any of his music out there on CD which probably accounts for the fact that he never gets mentioned. I only have one CD of his music, A Town Like Alice / Iceman but my two favourite scores by the composer, The Devils Playground and Circle of Iron ( aka The Silent Flute, a film written by and to star Bruce Lee before his untimely death ) have never seen the light of day.

Anyone know of any other scores by this superb and underrated ( more un-heard of ) composer that have had a release?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. From memory, there is a compilation that covers a lot of his films, including one relatively well known American comedy (whose name I don't recall).

Smeaton is a tricky one for me. He joins the esteemed ranks of James Horner and Philippe Sarde in plagiarism for his reverse engineering of 'Hall of the Mountain Grill' in his score for PICNIC AT HANGING ROCK.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2009
    I'll have to see if I can find more info on the compilation album.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorDavid OC
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2009
    I loved his score for Peter Weir's The Cars That Ate Paris which I saw recently, a very effective mix of creepy and dramatic writing. Iceman is his best though, a great work with some amazing atonal writing if I remember correctly.