• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAlthazan
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2009
    New release from INTRADA:

JAY CHATTAWAY - MISSING IN ACTION (Complete Score)
    Intrada Special Collection Volume 91 - limited to 1000 copies.

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.6 … egory=2020

In mono, unfortunately.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    THX for the heads up on this ... wink
    Too bad it's in mono but according to the text it was only preserved in that format .
    Better this then nothing right ?
    I've got the original Silva Screen (FILMCD 056) release from this .
    The upcoming Missing In Action III will be in stereo though so that's good .
    Looking forward in getting it ...
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Isn't MIA 3 nothing more than a Goldsmith ripoff?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2009 edited
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Isn't MIA 3 nothing more than a Goldsmith ripoff?

confused

Just noticed that this CD is already sold out ! sad
    Only a 1000 copies made , pfff ...
  2. it is already sold out. I'm guessing a lot of non filmmusic buffs bought this, and are planning to sell it for a lot of profit up on ebay

Pfff, really these guys are a pain in the ass

I'm not saying I wanted a copy, hell no. But come'on! Not one Day? Of a not well known composer?
    Give me a break
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    I'd better be faster then lightning when Missing In Action III comes out then !
    Maybe it has already sold out as well ? biggrin

I would've liked a copy but I'm not gonna pay massive amounts to those greedy
    auction pirats ! angry
  3. Eric wrote
    I'd better be faster then lightning when Missing In Action III comes out then !
    Maybe it has already sold out as well ? biggrin

I would've liked a copy but I'm not gonna pay massive amounts to those greedy
    auction pirats ! angry

indeed Eric, and what are we going to do when a Williams or Goldsmith or Horner or Zimmer is released?
    Take a break from work just to order it on the workplace?
    Or perhaps take a sick day, or wake up in the middle of the night

Pff, vultures biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2009
    INTRADA Announces:

BRADDOCK: MISSING IN ACTION III
    Music Composed and Conducted by JAY CHATTAWAY
    INTRADA Special Collection Volume 93

In Canon's 1988 final installment, Braddock: Missing In Action III (1988), the focus shifts to the plight of Amerasian children -- children born to U.S. servicemen and Asian women and orphaned or abandoned during the war. The story finds Braddock defying the authorities once again as he attempts to locate and rescue his long-lost wife Lin (Miki Kim) and son Van (Roland Harrah, III) from the clutches of the evil General Quoc (veteran character actor Aki Aleong,). The film ultimately evolves into an Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom style rescue of a large group of imperiled children, which Braddock must guide safely out of the country. Chuck Norris took a more active role in Braddock, co-writing as well as starring, while brother Aaron Norris took the directing reigns for the first time. Joining them was another former collaborator, whose rise to industry success during the 1980s had paralleled Norris’ own: composer Jay Chattaway.

Missing in Action, which had figured prominently in the temp score, would be re-used for much of the film. The fact that Chattaway and music editor Jack Tillar had conceived and recorded the score to Missing In Action in a versatile “modular” style that allowed elements to be overlayed and combined in various ways made this an easy strategy. As the score began to take shape, it quickly became apparent that the heroic tone of the film was, in fact, distinctly different from the original Missing In Action. “We ended up doing a lot of new original action and heroic music as well,” Chattaway says. Intrada has released the complete scores to all three Missing In Action films. This final disc in the series features all of the original music written for Braddock, as well as special stereo mixes of material recorded for the first film and repurposed for the third film. One of the highlights of the new score is "Lin's Theme," featuring flute over a bed of warm strings -- it becomes the model for the score’s emotional core. This release features the entire score mixed from the complete ½” 30 I.P.S. four-track stereo sessionmasters and is limited to 1000 units.

TRACKLISTING:
    01. Main Title ("Missing In Action") 1:45
    02. Lin's Theme 3:55
    03. The Search; The Drive 3:03
    04. Flashback; Lin's Struggle 1:36
    05. Nasty Trucks; Braddock Shot 1:46
    06. Priest's Tale 2:02
    07. Up The River 1:42
    08. Reunion 6:39
    09. Narrow Escape 2:43
    10. Quoc; How Do You Do?; Search The Mission 4:47
    11. Scare Kids; Rape 1:42
    12. Kill Rapist 1:00
    13. Kids Walk 2:46
    14. Car Chase – Jeep Chase ("Missing In Action") 3:48
    15. After Crash ("Missing In Action") 2:10
    16. Father/Son; Braddock Crawls To Border 1:48
    17. Mothership 3:06
    18. March To Freedom; End Credits ("Missing In Action") 5:26

INTRADA Special Collection - Volume 93
    Retail Price: 19.99
    AVAILABLE NOW
    For track listing and sound samples, please visit
    http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.6100/.f

----

Just listen to the final cue - March To Freedom; End Credits ("Missing In Action"). shocked WOW! What a cue!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    4 releases coming from Varese CD club on 19th March.

Haven't a clue what they'll be?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote

You mean March 23rd! wink

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  4. Not to be a wet blanket, and this merely reflects my own tastes, but I'm afraid there are few CDs on earth I'm less likely to buy at the moment than a Jay Chattaway score for MISSING IN ACTION III. I'm surprised this kind of title can sell given the state of the US economy.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    franz_conrad wrote
    Not to be a wet blanket, and this merely reflects my own tastes, but I'm afraid there are few CDs on earth I'm less likely to buy at the moment than a Jay Chattaway score for MISSING IN ACTION III. I'm surprised this kind of title can sell given the state of the US economy.

Well, maybe that's why it's a 1000 unit limited edition.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2009 edited
    Erik Woods wrote
    Timmer wrote

You mean March 23rd! wink

-Erik-

I see you have passed my observation test padwan.

okay okay....i was wrong slant shame
  5. already sold out dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    already sold out dizzy

Check ebay in a week or so slant
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  6. Marselus wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    already sold out dizzy

Check ebay in a week or so slant

and that's what scares me, I never planned to buy this release
    But what if it's something you really want? And you're out of luck to grab a copy before you have it buy it for triple the price on ebay?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Erik Woods wrote
    INTRADA Announces:

BRADDOCK: MISSING IN ACTION III
    Music Composed and Conducted by JAY CHATTAWAY

Just listen to the final cue - March To Freedom; End Credits ("Missing In Action"). shocked WOW! What a cue!

-Erik-

Agreed! That section from 1:25 to 2:25 in the end credits is gorgeous. Something very Morricone-sque about it. Wow!
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    already sold out dizzy

Not again !!!
    Grrrrrrrr ...

angry angry angry

And yes , it's already been offered on Ebay !!
    Money wolves !!
    • CommentAuthortjguitar

I don't remember it from the MIA cd though! LOL
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    but I'm afraid there are few CDs on earth I'm less likely to buy at the moment than a Jay Chattaway score for MISSING IN ACTION III.

There are hundreds, if not thousands, of score discs that I have not bought, yet I bought this one. It's certainly a better listen than The Burbs!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    What was so special about these scores then? This must be high on the list of quickly sold-out scores?
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    Nothing special necessarily, I just am a fan of Jay Chattaway and have been ever since Star Trek: The Next Generation.

There's also a lot of people who buy Intrada "Special Collection" titles no matter what tehy are, because they wnat a complete collection, like the Varese Club.
  7. Someone needs to explain why this one sold out so quickly. Jay Chattaway? Missing In Action? III?

I didn't listen to the clips so maybe the music was that good?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2009
    Bregt wrote
    What was so special about these scores then? This must be high on the list of quickly sold-out scores?

A few years ago I'd have bought it to see what the fuss was about, but the saturation is too much now. I've never even heard of Missing in Action (and they made THREE of them!?) nor heard anything of Mr Chattaway apart from his bland Star Trek music so this was never going to be on my list, but based on the sales of these titles, they must have something going for them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2009 edited
    Anything that has a "special", "complete" or "limited" tag on it, vanishes instantly regardless of other, objective factors. That should make you stop wondering on "why's" whenever this happens again wink smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2009
    Christodoulides wrote
    Anything that has a "special", "complete" or "limited" tag on it, vanishes instantly regardless of other, objective factors. That should make you stop wondering on "why's" whenever this happens again wink smile

The only time this "limited" shit bothers me is when it's something I really want. I curse all who buy just to flog at inflated rates on e-bay.