• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Do you hate it when a score or even a simple track isn't discovered on CD?

Here you'll have a collection of what I find some of the most neglected moments not to appear on a soundtrack. For all clarity, it can mean that a soundtrack has been released of it, but that this specific track isn't included on it. I didn't pick most of the classics, I didn't want to make this game too easy wink

Simple Rules
    - 1 point for the title and 1 for the composer
    - Scores are in chronological order
    - Bonus is 7 (title) 3 (composer)
    - One score of the 80's, all the rest is 90's and 2000

It is that simple!!!

The Hints

1. perhaps one of the most requested scores of the 80's 3 movies were made of it, this one never received a full release, a song soundtrack with 2 tracks was released by MCA Records
    2. another trilogy, this time by Disney, it stars the boy who played alongside Tom Cruise's wife Katie Holmes in that other teen series
    3. A flop by all standards, it starred a man who appeared in The Final Cut and a sister of the man who starred in Con Air
    4. if white men could jump, black man could run on ice
    5. Superman was a caped hero, this dude had a green cape, movie is directed by the main actor
    6. orchestrator who wrote music for the other 2 movies of sample 2
    7. She appeared in the Holiday, the other woman appeared alongside Richard Gere, this composer shows signs of his talent everywhere, oscar nominated
    8. why they made a cruise was beyond me, it worked perfectly allright on a bus?
    9. the composer of track 3 and 4 shows a Jewish composition
    10. to be franke, the ape was always the star in the countless movies
    11. starring a girl who clicked and a girl who terminated, together they shared a prison cell
    12. Coen, Coen, oh well for once not a Coen but a sports score
    13. it appeared in a trailer of one of his computer animated movies, it worked so wondrously everyone assumed it was the score from that picture, this score is reviewed on my old site
    14. if you count the dogs you'll need to count a lot, from the composer of sample 2 and 11
    15. he's wanted, he's a black beauty, he's zany, he's magical
    16. South African composer scores African picture, and no it is not Trevor Jones
    17. I know it looked corny in the movie, at least he introduced us to bullet time
    18. a sports drama in the hood, the bullet time actor shows the kids he's ready to change
    19. I got glass up my ass. Just another foul mouth quote from this actor, who's buddy is shooting like james bond,from the composer of 16
    20. one of the actor's biggest errors, but the score surely sounds magical. And one track on the album? His fans are still haunted by nightmares!
    21. I know, it reminds you of Zimmer's True Romance, but this composer just couldn't remember something for longer than a day. Dates Man DATES
    22. remake, remake, it is like 300 men who watch you
    23. there is hell to pay, and to think Varese released it. Oh boy
    24. a tale like no other, a true story, a composer who gives it his best, and only an itunes release, pfff if the 8 dogs could howl
    25. action that doesn't belong in Disney, he that doesn't belong in Disney, the movie on the other hand is Disney all the way, video release
    Bonus: This is for the only real diehards, it is not for a film, but at least it was composed by a filmmusic (too early deceased) god. The other piece of the event, composed by the most famous composer was released on CD under a special compilation

If the hints are too hard, I'll make easier ones after a while! I'll see how it will turn out depending on the scores.

Let's see who's the real connaisseur here smile

https://www.yousendit.com/download/U0d6 … eFBIRGc9PQ

Good Luck
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2009 edited
    Gah, one of my pet peeves! People that spell "of" as "off"! tongue biggrin
  2. Way too hard for me.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2009
    There's one where I'm confident I have it. That's all though. shame
  3. Oh a tough one, I'm not very good at these, still playing is more fun than winning.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'll have a go later Thomas but other posters here aren't exactly filling me with much hope!? shocked
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. I've altered the hints, everything in red is now new

Ps, look at the hints, words are in the hints that either state a part of the soundtrack's title or a famous score the composer has written

I hope it will go a lot easier this time
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Will give a listen this weekend! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    21. I know, it reminds you of Zimmer's True Romance, but this composer just couldn't remember something for longer than a day

Listen to the clip from the first track of this CD...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI … 007Y8/jpoc

...and then tell me something about the "composer" of True Romance.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    Our new friend can listen to it here instead:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tEgzGnzojc

biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2009 edited
    If one knows some Zimmer interviews one would know that it is intended that True Tomance sounds like Carl Orff. These pieces are very famous in german schools.
  5. Southall wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    21. I know, it reminds you of Zimmer's True Romance, but this composer just couldn't remember something for longer than a day

Listen to the clip from the first track of this CD...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI … 007Y8/jpoc

...and then tell me something about the "composer" of True Romance.

Okay okay, but more people will know True Romance! wink
  6. First player, first score

Anthony: 10 Points
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I really wantever number #25, but I'm glad I guessed the composer. I'm half way to finding it. lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2009 edited
    Thomas wrote
    If one knows some Zimmer interviews one would know that it is intended that True Tomance sounds like Carl Orff. These pieces are very famous in german schools.

I've never seen one of those interviews, but it makes perfect sense since Tarantino clearly wanted a bit of a nod to Badlands in the film. Yet Zimmer even passed the piece off as his own on his compilation album! Shameless.
  7. 2 Other plays join in, perhaps the game is not that difficult at all?
    Once again, check the words in the hints, I sometimes give it away so easily wink

1. Southal: 32 points wave
    2. Ranietz: 20 points
    3. Anthony: 10 points
  8. Ranietz shows everybody how it supposed to be done, so if he can do it, you can do it too smile

1. Ranietz: 41 points wave
    2. Southal: 32 points
    3. Anthony: 10 points

I'll rewrite the hint for the bonus at the end of the weekend, to make it a little easier
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2009
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    ...so if he can do it, you can do it too smile

That's a bit of a back handed compliment. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Steven wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

Yeah...you stupid crazy person.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    cry

That cut deep man. Deep.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    cry

That cut deep man. Deep.

Quit the waterworks silky boy or it'll be infinity press-ups time! angry
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  9. Steven wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

I don't understand what you mean shame
  10. 3 answers keep Ranietz away from the maximum, while Miya shows a promising start

1. Ranietz: 46 points wave
    2. Southal: 32 points
    3. Miya: 16 points
    4. Anthony: 10 points

I've altered the bonus hint, check it out
  11. It seems everybody gives up ...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2009
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    It seems everybody gives up ...

Ack! I was doing too many other relaxing activities this weekend that I forgot about this. Will give a listen hopefully tonight.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    BhelPuri wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

Ack! I was doing too many other relaxing activities this weekend that I forgot about this. Will give a listen hopefully tonight.

"Too many relaxing activities"...he, he. That's a luxury problem right there.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Indian foot massage? wink

Gonna play soon!
    Kazoo
  12. Thomas Glorieux wrote

Too difficult.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I haven't listened to the clips yet?