• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2009
    Jon Broxton's choices for best film music, 08

http://www.moviemusicuk.us/award08.htm
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I really felt strongly about Steiner and the score from "She." However, his choices are solid enough.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorelenewton
    Nice to see Dead Space chosen as the best video game score.
  1. elenewton wrote

are you for real?
    It is one massive wall of sound, you could click in the middle of one track and start another, and it would seamlessly flow together
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    are you for real?
    It is one massive wall of sound, you could click in the middle of one track and start another, and it would seamlessly flow together

I can't tell whether this is praise or criticism.
    •  
      CommentAuthorelenewton
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2009 edited
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    elenewton wrote

are you for real?

Yes. It's basically Bishop's Countdown, Version 2.0, played non-stop for one hour.

And I LOVE Bishop's Countdown.

Btw, Jason Graves, the composer of Dead Space is doing a score for the "Aliens" game. Can't wait !
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2009 edited
    elenewton wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    elenewton wrote

are you for real?

Yes. It's basically Bishop's Countdown, Version 2.0, played non-stop for one hour.

And I LOVE Bishop's Countdown.

Btw, Jason Graves, the composer of Dead Space is doing a score for the "Aliens" game. Can't wait !

Bishop's Countdown has a kickass melody and brilliant percussion leading to a awesome finale. All I heard in Dead Space was crashes and bangs that were all over the place and just no themes to speak off, in one word a mess. Are you sure we're talking about the same score?

http://www.music4games.net/Music_Display.aspx?p1=729

Please click on the first sample cue and tell me how this is in any way resembling Horner's Aliens? I don't see it.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2009
    DreamTheater wrote
    Please click on the first sample cue and tell me how this is in any way resembling Horner's Aliens? I don't see it.

Can't you hear it... there are anvil hits everywhere and low brass clusters! That must be inspired by Aliens. biggrin wink

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  3. Dead Space gives me headaches.
    Aliens gives me goosebumps.

You do the math !!!
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorelenewton
    Well, Jason Graves said in one interview that he was deliberately trying to avoid "melody" in most of the cues.

But he did come up with an awesome kickass melody for the Leviathan boss fight. Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR-QiwAln1Q

This is on par with Bishop's Countdown, IMO.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2009 edited
    elenewton wrote

Really?

You REALLY think THAT is comparable to THIS?

uhm

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorelenewton
    Erik Woods wrote
    elenewton wrote

Really?

You REALLY think THAT comparable to THIS?

uhm

-Erik-

To be honest, no.

But I've been wanting an Aliens 2.0 for years, and Dead Space is the closest thing I've got. I have to be contented with what I have.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    elenewton wrote
    To be honest, no.

But I've been wanting an Aliens 2.0 for years, and Dead Space is the closest thing I've got. I have to be contented with what I have.

Give Reign of Fire by Edward Shearmur a shot!

-Erik-
  4. Jon Broxton wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    are you for real?

I can't tell whether this is praise or criticism.

if you can't differentiate one track from another, I'm probably listening to one track endlessly repeating itself, I guess that's criticism Jon wink

And not good criticism as well
    •  
      CommentAuthorelenewton
    Erik Woods wrote
    elenewton wrote
    To be honest, no.

-Erik-

Yes I absolutely love that score. Forgot to mention it. It's a shame Shearmur is not getting more similar projects.

My heart is broken to learn that Shearmur is not on board of the new Terminator.
  5. elenewton wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    elenewton wrote
    To be honest, no.

-Erik-

Yes I absolutely love that score. Forgot to mention it. It's a shame Shearmur is not getting more similar projects.

My heart is broken to learn that Shearmur is not on board of the new Terminator.

me too, only the thought he could give us another Reign of Fire for the new Terminator sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2009
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    elenewton wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    elenewton wrote
    To be honest, no.

-Erik-

me too, only the thought he could give us another Reign of Fire for the new Terminator sad

DAMN! Why did you remind me of this? Shearmur on the new TERMINATOR! angry
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.