• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2009 edited
    New release for Piovani

''Welcome''

1. Nicola Piovani - Migrants (1:02)
    2. Armand Amar - Kadish (2:46)
    3. Wojciech Kilar - Agata's Theme V1 (1:00)
    4. Nicola Piovani - Simon (3:21)
    5. Nicola Piovani - Bilal Song (2:56)
    6. Nicola Piovani - Welcome (Nicola Piovani) (3:05)
    7. Wojciech Kilar - The Black Sun (2:39)
    8. Nicola Piovani - A La Nage (2:36)
    9. Wojciech Kilar - Agata's Theme (1:57)
    10. Nicola Piovani - Welcome (Piano Solo) (1:37)

http://www.musicmeter.nl/album/155230/info/

When first hearing about this film and its composers, I was in a state of shock. But unfortunately Piovani was the only composer to write original score. As you can see some of Kilar's music from Il Sole Nero and one cue of Amar's Va, Vis & Deviens were re-used for the film.
  1. I looked into his work a little bit, using YouTube (since there weren't many sound clips out there, and what there were were those 0:30 samples). I liked what I heard and he seems to be a composer that not many have mentioned here.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2009
    But I think most of you will know him from his La Vita E Bella score. My favourites scores are La Stanza Del Figlio, Kaos and De Vliegende Hollander.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2009
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2009
    Has anyone else listened to this yet?
  2. Not me. I'm still trying to get my hands on KAOS after all these years! wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    I'm not selling my copy wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Joep wrote
    I'm not selling my copy wink

You only have one?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    No, but I like it to make Franz suffer...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    christmas_biggrin
    Kazoo
  3. I'm still trying to get my hands on KAOS (over THREE years later!). Anyone have it?
  4. Have you tried Soundtrackers?
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  5. What is soundtrackers?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2013
    franz_conrad wrote
    What is soundtrackers?

Don't you remember Gerry Kroll aka soundtrackers? I made by first internet soundtrack purchase from him back in 98, I think. Legendary soundtrack vendor. I didn't know he was still active in this day and age.
    I am extremely serious.
  6. He never stopped. franz, I'll PM you the e-mail when I log in next time to my e-mail to see what it is.
  7. Cheers -- thanks guys. I don't remember Gerry Kroll actually.