• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2009
    christopher wrote
    Timmer wrote
    christopher wrote
    I am in awe of anyone who can run 18 miles. That's amazing, Anthony!

My daughter (our second child) was born in June and the workouts I had been doing about 5 days a week just stopped for a while. It took a pretty intensive new weightlifting program that my brother got into to get me back to the gym. I've been doing that now for about 2 1/2 months, and it's been awesome. It's high weight/low rep, 6 days a week, and focuses on only one muscle group per day. I'm really gratified to see my strength improving, and muscle definition and size. I need to add some running into this now. Before my Madeleine was born I could run 2 miles somewhat comfortably, but I ran 1/2 a mile the other day and it nearly killed me.

Which body parts on those 6 days Christopher?

Mon - Chest
    Tues - Legs
    Wed - Back
    Thurs - Shoulders
    Fri - Triceps
    Sat - Biceps

It's a great little program. I got it from my brother, who got it by working out with one of the football players on BYU's football team, who says he got it from a professional football player. American football, that is.

That's pretty much a body building work out, not far off what I used to do. Now I just do a complete body workout 3 times a week but I don't train anywhere near as heavy as I used to, despite that, 'muscle memory' has kicked in and I'm looking pretty buffed.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Does that really happen? I haven't done weights for a couple of months now, so if I start doing them again does that mean it won't take long to get back to where I was two months ago?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    You were a bodybuilder, Tim? As in, you know, bodybuilder?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote

Hardly in Arnie's class wink

I was training as a powerlifter until I had some joint problems so I took up bodybuilding, it's as addictive as any drug.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Does that really happen? I haven't done weights for a couple of months now, so if I start doing them again does that mean it won't take long to get back to where I was two months ago?

Yeap! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Sweet Zombie Jesus, that's given me the incentive to start again!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote

Hardly in Arnie's class wink

I was training as a powerlifter until I had some joint problems so I took up bodybuilding, it's as addictive as any drug.

Don't you mean Arnie's ass?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Perish the thought.
  1. Thor wrote
    Holy crap, you work out EVERY SINGLE DAY except Sunday?!? shocked

That's not even one of my GOALS! I would NEVER disrupt the weekends and their access to alcohol, which again is incompatible with work-outs.

My long-term goal is four times a week - two jogging rounds and two gym visits. However, right now I'm trying to get 1-2 times a week together (one jog and one gym).

I did over the summer, but I have classes to attend on Thursdays now after work and don't have time for anything that day. I'm still trying to figure out how to make it all work. I think I'll try arms on Fridays and Shoulders on Saturdays, now. Life is busy, but I'm still trying to make it to the gym 5 days a week.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    christopher wrote
    Thor wrote
    Holy crap, you work out EVERY SINGLE DAY except Sunday?!? shocked

That's not even one of my GOALS! I would NEVER disrupt the weekends and their access to alcohol, which again is incompatible with work-outs.

My long-term goal is four times a week - two jogging rounds and two gym visits. However, right now I'm trying to get 1-2 times a week together (one jog and one gym).

I did over the summer, but I have classes to attend on Thursdays now after work and don't have time for anything that day. I'm still trying to figure out how to make it all work. I think I'll try arms on Fridays and Shoulders on Saturdays, now. Life is busy, but I'm still trying to make it to the gym 5 days a week.

You should post a picture of yourself so we all can see how buffed you are! (and get all the more envious). wink
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2009
    I managed to run 25 miles last week!! shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2009
    I can't believe I'm posting with a bunch of Forrest Gumps here...
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2009
    Thor wrote
    I can't believe I'm posting with a bunch of Forrest Gumps here...

Never go full retard.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2009
    Sound advice biggrin
  2. Thor wrote
    You should post a picture of yourself so we all can see how buffed you are! (and get all the more envious). wink

I think that's Timmer's job. I'm bigger than I used to be, but that's pretty easy, I'm afraid. i'm still no where near where I want to be. Timmer sounds like he's getting huge.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2009 edited
    Yes and no!

As you know, to get BIG you have to train BIG and just as importantly, eat BIG ( but healthy food....not rubbish ).

I'm not training anywhere near as heavy as I did when I was in my late teens early twenties and I'm eating good healthy portions of food, certainly not to any bodybuilding standard but still, as I said earlier, the muscle mass has been loading itself back on to my body, my stomach is far less fatter than it was last year and my face is looking leaner again, my skin is tighter and has a healthy glow....all is good.

...and then I go and blow it all come the weekend biggrin beer
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2009
    10.42 miles in 2 hours! That half marathon distance is getting ever so closer! And it's not until March! cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Indeed. And on a Saturday too!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2009
    I don't mean to brag..but hey, I deserve to be able to today!

I just ran 14.04 miles in 2 hours 48 minutes. No stops, no drinks, no food. shocked

The most physically and mentally challenging thing I have ever done. Towards the end when I wiped the sweat from my forehead I could actually feel the salt I'd lost.

Just to give you an idea of how much music that is, I left my house and put on the Fellowship Of The Ring complete recordings from the start and returned nicely as The Departure Of Boromir was finishing. That's a lot of music! dizzy

I'm exhausted now but still very awake and alert which I'm putting down to adrenaline.

But hell yes, 14 miles!!!! If that doesn't impress the ladies I don't know what will! biggrin wink sleep
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2009
    Well done Ant, well done! applause beer
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2009
    Another 14 miles under the belt! punk

This time I got through the whole score to The Two Towers, but it took me 11 minutes longer than last week. Maybe I went slower as I knew what I was in for!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote

This time I got through the whole score to The Two Towers, but it took me 11 minutes longer than last week. Maybe I went slower as I knew what I was in for!

Have you tried some Brian Tyler? I´m sure it´ll take you 15 minutes shorter than today!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Anthony wrote

Jesus, that's a big waist.

It was a stretch, but I think it worked. Even that pun.
  3. lol
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Steven wrote
    It was a stretch, but I think it worked. Even that pun.

A work of art in my opinion.

Peter biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I was waiting for the "I hope that's from running and not simply what distance the pedometer on your wrist is showing" comment.

...running?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2009
    I worked out tonight, not easy after a week of illness so I took it easy.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2009 edited
    I maybe just ran 4 miles with one of my mates. We maybe felt a little hungry during thus run. We maybe then got in the car and took a trip to KFC.

But I cannot confirm or deny that this possibly occurred on this night of sheet happenstance.

MY WILLPOWER SUCKS
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2009
    I on the other hand with great force of will and resolve have decided to stay OUT of the gym tonight.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn