• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2009
    I've had a week off exercise so far (apart from a bit of table tennis on Monday, which isn't exactly strenuous). Must get back to it though...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christmas beckons, and if Christmas means one thing, it's Terry's Chocolate Orange.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Matchsticks for me. The orange ones are soooo good!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I haven't had those for years! But I want some NOW. Damned!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2009 edited
    Christmas for me means Ferrero Rocher! (The slogan of which should be "Because I'm better than you.")
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2009
    Steven wrote
    Christmas for me means Ferrero Rocher! (The slogan of which should be "Because I'm better than you.")

Have you tried the dark chocolate ones.... cool lick
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2009
    Ah, chocolate...NOW the workout thread is going in a direction I like! smile
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2009 edited
    Yaayyyyyy I'm still training! In the past I normally give up once summer is over but I'm determined to keep this up year round ( like I used to in my youth ), I must admit it's harder to get motivated in this dull, wet and very cold weather but I'm plugging on!!!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2009
    I'm finding it hard too and have definitely let my running go over the past couple of weeks. I've got to man up (and wrap up) and hopefully I won't get too cold!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    cry
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    I'm finding it hard too and have definitely let my running go over the past couple of weeks. I've got to man up (and wrap up) and hopefully I won't get too cold!

My area seems to be full of people jogging no matter the weather ( as all us Brits will tell you, the weather here is shite right now ), I presume you have a good warm up before pounding the pavements Ant?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    -6 degrees Celsius outside today. No way I'm going for a jogging trip. I doubt it's even healthy to do so when it gets that cold.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Deep breathing all that freezing air surely can't be good for the lungs?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote

Pft, man up ya big girl! Granted, I'm sitting here with two wooly jumpers with the heating on full blast with a hot chocolate. But still, man up!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Oh the ignominy! slant Steven telling me to 'man up' shocked cry
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'm one of the least girly members on this forum I'll have you know! biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    But of course! I can't see anyone taking D's 'girly man' title off him any time soon. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Steven wrote
    Granted, I'm sitting here with two wooly jumpers with the heating on full blast with a hot chocolate.

Sounds great! :curling up: cheesy

Much better than... running...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote

Pft, man up ya big girl! Granted, I'm sitting here with two wooly jumpers with the heating on full blast with a hot chocolate. But still, man up!

Indeed, it won't hurt anyone. Body temp is steady and it's not affected that easily, especially if you run and jog and keep your body warm.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2009 edited
    Timmer wrote
    But of course! I can't see anyone taking D's 'girly man' title off him any time soon. biggrin

I don't want it off me; it attracts the babes. You know, the whole modern and sensitive man who's in touch with his feminine side thingy. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote

My area seems to be full of people jogging no matter the weather ( as all us Brits will tell you, the weather here is shite right now ), I presume you have a good warm up before pounding the pavements Ant?

Honestly, I never warm up at all. I always warm down, but do nothing to start with. dizzy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote

Honestly, I never warm up at all. I always warm down, but do nothing to start with. dizzy

Trust me, if you continue this way you'll be suffering before you're even out of your twenties.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote

Indeed, it won't hurt anyone. Body temp is steady and it's not affected that easily, especially if you run and jog and keep your body warm.

pfttt!!! Come over here and let's see if you'll still say that.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote

I don't want it off me; it attracts the babes. You know, the whole modern and sensitive man who's in touch with his feminine side thingy. biggrin

That's very true I suppose. Madonna's best mate is actor Rupert Everett, Geri Halliwell used to hang out with George Michael.....

wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2009
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote

No doubt. A Greek would probably visit England in the middle of Summer and think it's Christmas!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2009
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote

No doubt. A Greek would probably visit England in the middle of Summer and think it's Christmas!

biggrin It's quite true i think, when just a week ago we had 20 oC in daytime.
    • CommentAuthormagicsushi
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2009 edited
    It’s interesting to read how people adopt differing approaches to exercise and intriguing to see the level of success they achieve in so doing. As for myself, I’m a gymnast (recreationally) which means training on Tuesdays and sometimes Thursdays too. The mechanical stress from twice a week usually does for me. On the weeks where I only train on the Tuesday, I often visit the gym at the end of the week and perform a very short, intense workout consisting of 5 movements, so that would normally be a seated row, chest press, pull down, shoulder press and leg press to finish. It takes me about 15-20 minutes all in and I find it produces a very pronounced metabolic effect, which pretty much wipes me out. Much of the gymnastics training is now skill-based so I do like to get to the gym to supplement the strength aspect and tax the cardiovascular system acutely, something which I find the above workout achieves very effectively.

Diet-wise, I eat lean meat, fish, lots of eggs and plenty of fruit and veg. My diet’s pretty low in carbohydrate and high in fat. And I practice intermittent fasting (often through circumstance rather than design, if I miss a meal, I miss a meal, it’s no big). I’m 26 years old and feel as good as I ever have.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2010
    I trained my legs so hard yesterday that I can barely walk dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2010 edited
    Haven't been working out for months.
    Goddamn hernia. angry crazy
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2010
    Me neither. Goddamn chronic illnesses drain all my energy.

I actually LOVED the feeling of having worked out so hard (or working out for the first time in months) that your legs give way. That's GOOD pain!
    I am extremely serious.