• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2009
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    You feed him on beer instead? Poor gomez! 'except if he's the royal kind and you actually fed him some of the kleftiko you made the other day! punk

He wouldn't touch Kleftico ( because of the use of pepper and lemon juice ) but I did throw him some raw lamb before I cooked it cat

Pepper and lemon juice means you did the kleftiko right! You added rigani as well? I believe you call it origanum or something , i.e. an essential ingredient for all Greek recipes smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Oregano... a very...ahem... Italian spice...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Of course they'd steal it ! They're like 10 minutes next to us!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    You feed him on beer instead? Poor gomez! 'except if he's the royal kind and you actually fed him some of the kleftiko you made the other day! punk

He wouldn't touch Kleftico ( because of the use of pepper and lemon juice ) but I did throw him some raw lamb before I cooked it cat

Pepper and lemon juice means you did the kleftiko right! You added rigani as well? I believe you call it origanum or something , i.e. an essential ingredient for all Greek recipes smile

I didn't have any Oregano so replaced that with Rosemary.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    biggrin

Gomez, Chat au Shawarma!

Without the pitta. smile
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I pitta the food!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    I pitta the food!

biggrin biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2009 edited
    Martijn wrote
    I pitta the food!

*groan*

but I did smile
  1. I would love to begin excercising again, but the price is just too damn high
    and I don't have the mental strength to go running, I hate running
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2009
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    I would love to begin excercising again, but the price is just too damn high

Then don't run. Swim, cycle...weights????

Depending on what terrain you have running can be bad for you.
  2. Timmer wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

that's what I did before, I meant running for free out doors, but I hate that
    I rather work out in a gym, but it is too goddamn much
    50 to 60€ per month, that's a lot
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

I know rolleyes Gyms charge far too much these days. I have weights and various equipment here at hiome but it's not the same as being in a good gym atmosphere.
  3. Timmer wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

I know rolleyes Gyms charge far too much these days. I have weights and various equipment here at hiome but it's not the same as being in a good gym atmosphere.

I know, you do more once you're in a gym
    ah well, want to get back but for now I'll wait
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    There's no excuses people. You can get a good gym bike for as low as 300 euros and some portable weights for very low prices. And there's always the good ol' push-ups and abs. What's lacking in many of us is will.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2009 edited
    300 Euros?
    That's 10 soundtrack CDs!

Portable weights?
    They take up so much space!

Push-ups? Abs?
    That's terrible for people with back trouble.

See? We have brilliant excuses!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    rolleyes
  4. Martijn wrote
    300 Euros?

Portable weights?

Push-ups? Abs?

I couldn't have said it any better tongue
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    300 Euros?

Portable weights?

Push-ups? Abs?

True!

True!

True!

False!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    applause bounce applause
    You, Sir, are on a roll!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2009 edited
    I've bought an access card or subscription (or whatever you call it) for a gym and really WANT to start working out again. Unfortunately, my condition prevents me from it at the current time (and that's not an excuse, but doctor's orders). I'll work on my sofa-lying skills instead. smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2009 edited
    And one and two and sit and two and one and two and lounge and two!

Now THAT's a regime I could get into! cheesy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2009
    Thor wrote
    I've bought an access card or subscription (or whatever you call it) for a gym and really WANT to start working out again. Unfortunately, my condition prevents me from it at the current time (and that's not an excuse, but doctor's orders). I'll work on my sofa-lying skills instead. smile

Try not to strain yourself reaching for the remote. wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2009 edited
    Stepping up a gear in my training....heavier weights....more repetitions.

Eating blander food isn't easy though ( cutting out fried food, butter etc except for the odd treat ), it really doesn't matter how many sit-ups you do, you could do 1000's but it still comes down to diet to shift those Ibs from the waist.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Hmm, I'll remember that. smile What do you think would be a good work out routine to simply build muscle all over? I have weights, but in all honesty I need a proper plan to follow!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2009
    Timmer wrote

Eating blander food isn't easy though ( cutting out fried food, butter etc except for the odd treat ), it really doesn't matter how many sit-ups you do, you could do 1000's but it still comes down to diet to shift those Ibs from the waist.

punk

Indeed; diet in combination with aerobic exercise.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Hmm, I'll remember that. smile What do you think would be a good work out routine to simply build muscle all over? I have weights, but in all honesty I need a proper plan to follow!!

SQUATS is KING of all muscle building excercises....a tree won't grow great branches without good roots wink

Keep to basics until you build a foundation so....

Squats
    Deadlift
    Bench press
    Bent over rowing
    Shoulder press
    Curls

Too many people over-train they're biceps, it's such a small muscle but in the past I've seen people concentrate on curling for half an hour plus while only spending 15 minutes on legs rolleyes

Do you still cycle a lot or has the car taken over? wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    p.s. Exactly how much in Ibs / Kilos do you have in weights? Dumb bells or single bar?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote

That's true, basically because fat is stored from MANY, MANY years back, and getting to that fat is an immense task that isn't easily solved with sit-ups alone. It's the most difficult part of the body to "work away". I remember back in 2005 and 2006, when I was in that football TV show. We had regular training sessions twice or even three times a week in addition to my own work-outs in the gym etc. I was quite fit and slim, but still had those extra kilos around the waist. I still had a LONG way to six-pack. That is of course not very motivating, especially not now that I am even a long way away from what I was then, but I won't give up. I aim to see somewhat of a six-pack at least ONCE before I turn 40 (in 8-9 years). I think that's my last chance.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    Too many people over-train they're biceps, it's such a small muscle but in the past I've seen people concentrate on curling for half an hour plus while only spending 15 minutes on legs rolleyes

People is usually very lazy regarding legs training, simply because it´s one of the hardest muscular groups to look big so they concentrate on the easier ones (biceps, chest, triceps).

Tuesday is my legs training day btw smile
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Marselus wrote
    Timmer wrote

People is usually very lazy regarding legs training, simply because it´s one of the hardest muscular groups to look big so they concentrate on the easier ones (biceps, chest, triceps).

Tuesday is my legs training day btw smile

Indeed; only people who have big, large upper body and chest and tiny legs look ridiculously funny biggrin